• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Reply from TB:Money is very tight but all players wages are paid and up to date, any other staff that are owed wages will be fully up to date by the weekend.

He never said what weekend though!:dizzy:

Is this his exact words?

I fully understand that with teh home games being cancelled we have simply run out of cash. But isn't this what the sainsburys deal was all about , allowing us to meat our bills as they come though?

was this all XXXXXXX or was it true but no one factored in having so many home matches postponed?

I fully understand that with teh home games being cancelled we have simply run out of cash. But isn't this what the sainsburys deal was all about , allowing us to meat our bills as they come though?

was this all XXXXXXX or was it true but no one factored in having so many home matches postponed?

The Sainsburys money isn't a bottomless pit.

My more cynical side would wonder whether the story in the Echo today and the recent proclamations from Tara Brady & Ron Martin on BBC Essex weren't directed as much towards Sainsburys as they were towards the fans.

The Sainsburys money isn't a bottomless pit.

Whilst that is true, I seem to recall a statement or something claiming that these issues (i.e. unpaid wages) would never happen again, thanks to the agreement with Sainsbury's??

Whilst that is true, I seem to recall a statement or something claiming that these issues (i.e. unpaid wages) would never happen again, thanks to the agreement with Sainsbury's??

I don't recall that statement. That would be a moronic thing for anyone at the Club to suggest.

*Awaits Rayleigh Blues £5m credit facility post*

In all seriousness this is worrying but yet expected news, I was just wondering how long it would take to resurface.

Certainly underlines why we didn't look to bring players in towards the end of the transfer deadline - and rightly so

*Awaits Rayleigh Blues £5m credit facility post*

In all seriousness this is worrying but yet expected news, I was just wondering how long it would take to resurface.

I'm just hoping that the tax bill has been paid.

And Pato turned down a move to Stevenage (with Us paying the shortfall in salary til the end of his contract with us) but he turned it down because he feels he should be playing in a higher division than league 2 9according to todays echo)

And Pato turned down a move to Stevenage (with Us paying the shortfall in salary til the end of his contract with us) but he turned it down because he feels he should be playing in a higher division than league 2 9according to todays echo)

seeing as he isn't even playing in League 2 how does he justify that?

BS said last week that the players had been paid so this rumour has always been a non-starter ...

Even it they had not of been paid I would of thought BS would be the last person to admit it....The repercussions on non-payment to players and it becoming public and PFA knowledge once more, I doubt bear thinking about at the club.

On the flipside, that doesn't factor in matchday costs, such as SJA, stadium maintenance, policing, stewarding etc...

No but the profit from each home game must go a long way to eating into that mythical £100k a month loss,as we are not losing £1.2m a year as implied by Tara. Even if its only £15k profit a match, that means that for Jan and Feb, the shortfall is only £40k each month, which should easily be covered by the Sainsbury money.

If any wages were not going to be paid I would of expected it to be December.

No but the profit from each home game must go a long way to eating into that mythical £100k a month loss,as we are not losing £1.2m a year as implied by Tara. Even if its only £15k profit a match, that means that for Jan and Feb, the shortfall is only £40k each month, which should easily be covered by the Sainsbury money.

If any wages were not going to be paid I would of expected it to be December.

We'd need to have seven or eight home games in a month in order to just cover the players wage bill, let alone everything else that we have to pay out as a company. Yes, December's turnover was even lower than normal but none of us know the ins and outs of our funding arrangement with Sainsburys. If we had to borrow more last month than budgeted then that could have had a knock-on effect on how much was available this month and next month.

Our income doesn't come close to touching the sides of our outgoings, even with a drastically reduced wagebill. That's the sad fact of life at SUFC nowadays. The £100k a month is the cash shortfall in a typical month, not a worst-case caused by having no games in December. You only have to do the maths like I did in this thread earlier to see that.

Back