• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Maybe I'm old-school but being an employer myself I've always taken the view that your staff get paid, no matter what. I would borrow from the bank, go without myself, use my own savings, whatever, to make sure they were paid. And I've done all of those things during lean times. But maybe thats why I'm not a millionaire.

However, it has surprised me lately how many people (nothing to do with football) I've spoken to who have had their wages paid late , sometimes by a few months, in various jobs. Perhaps its almost becoming an acceptable thing to do in this day & age. Maybe employers know their staff will stick with them because it won't be easy to get another job elsewhere at the moment. But in my opinion as long as Ron can lay his hands on any money anywhere, personal or otherwise, it should go to staff wages. If you can't afford the staff, lay them off. But don't ask them to work for nothing. I don't know, all seems wrong to me..

The other question that needs to be asked is ..If TB has according to him, recently put a significant amount of money into the club to become RM's partner ...where has that money gone?

The other question that needs to be asked is ..If TB has according to him, recently put a significant amount of money into the club to become RM's partner ...where has that money gone?

He said significant for him. Not significant.

Wasn't there an investment into Soccer Stadium PLC revealed on here just after the company was formed?

Wasn't there an investment into Soccer Stadium PLC revealed on here just after the company was formed?

I think there was something on those lines yes...the fact still is there is or should be enough monies about to pay staff within the myriad of companies....it all depends I guess on Sainsbury's coughing up some more monies.

hopefully I am just having a bad day , but it feels like it is all going tits up again

We go through a five match unbeaten run, we hang on to our star players, Moshni is single handedly putting a smile on peoples faces, .....
  • then we loose
  • Sawyer is in court
  • Moshni is out for at least 6 weeks, maybe a lot more
  • Hall is in court, and ,may be going to jail
  • The club confirm that not all staff are being paid on time
I guess this is what supporting Southend is all about, but I rather hoped the good news, or at least no bad news situation wuld carry on a little longer

hopefully I am just having a bad day , but it feels like it is all going tits up again

We go through a five match unbeaten run, we hang on to our star players, Moshni is single handedly putting a smile on peoples faces, .....
  • then we loose
  • Sawyer is in court
  • Moshni is out for at least 6 weeks, maybe a lot more
  • Hall is in court, and ,may be going to jail
  • The club confirm that not all staff are being paid on time
I guess this is what supporting Southend is all about, but I rather hoped the good news, or at least no bad news situation wuld carry on a little longer

I was thinking the same, a couple of days out in Copenhagen come back to a plethora of bad news, you also missed off;

• Kane Ferdinand is stalling on contract whilst his agent is hawking him around to Championship clubs, a transfer which will earn us zilch
  • And Pato has gone out on loan to one of our rivals (league not direct), not a big deal to most on here it seems, but I thought he was worth a go, and especially bad when you consider we now only have three strikers, one of whom isn't fit and struggles to stay fit for any length of time, the other struggles to score even when presented with what seem gold plated chances, and the third is fresh faced out the youth academy with only a handful of minutes to his name.
Like you say, hopefully just a bad day which will be eased by three points tomorrow.

Maybe I'm old-school but being an employer myself I've always taken the view that your staff get paid, no matter what. I would borrow from the bank, go without myself, use my own savings, whatever, to make sure they were paid. And I've done all of those things during lean times. But maybe thats why I'm not a millionaire.

However, it has surprised me lately how many people (nothing to do with football) I've spoken to who have had their wages paid late , sometimes by a few months, in various jobs. Perhaps its almost becoming an acceptable thing to do in this day & age. Maybe employers know their staff will stick with them because it won't be easy to get another job elsewhere at the moment. But in my opinion as long as Ron can lay his hands on any money anywhere, personal or otherwise, it should go to staff wages. If you can't afford the staff, lay them off. But don't ask them to work for nothing. I don't know, all seems wrong to me..

the problem here is that this poster is a decent guy with standards in busines .. and RM is not and has none

that, even more than the dismantling of the Tilson team, is damaging this club

Any truth in a rumour I heard that some more redundancies have been or are about to be taking place?

Surely the PFA can't come in if it's non-playing staff who haven't been paid?
Beefy is spot on, they can only support their members, and make sure that they aren't out of pocket. Non playing staff aren't covered.

as i alluded to in an earlier post, my captain of football team, who was responsible for the moshni video and artwork etc has been a victim of martins inability to sort his finances out. a nice guy put his heart and soul into southend, and dumped, on, didnt get paid and then lost his job. if this club wins the award, and they dont invite to the awards evening to collect it, then they sink even lower in my book. what some of you fans do not realise is what goes on at roots hall, we are being run almost as a part time team, but no hold on, we pay some of the highest wages to players in our div
martin and brady killing the club nice

as i alluded to in an earlier post, my captain of football team, who was responsible for the moshni video and artwork etc has been a victim of martins inability to sort his finances out. a nice guy put his heart and soul into southend, and dumped, on, didnt get paid and then lost his job. if this club wins the award, and they dont invite to the awards evening to collect it, then they sink even lower in my book. what some of you fans do not realise is what goes on at roots hall, we are being run almost as a part time team, but no hold on, we pay some of the highest wages to players in our div
martin and brady killing the club nice

I don't often post here and I certainly don't agree with the manner of most of the good Captains comments, but I had a chat with a former player just before Christmas. Part of the conversation was about the running of the club. He said that when he first went there the club was well run and certainly going somewhere, when he left it was being run like a conference club. He was a highly respected member og the team so I have no reson to doubt him

How much was the investment then ?

No idea. But Brady made a big deal of stressing on the BBC Essex interview that the sum was significant to him. Without knowing how wealthy Tara Brady is there's no telling how much that is. For most of us a season ticket is a significant investment.

I don't often post here and I certainly don't agree with the manner of most of the good Captains comments, but I had a chat with a former player just before Christmas. Part of the conversation was about the running of the club. He said that when he first went there the club was well run and certainly going somewhere, when he left it was being run like a conference club. He was a highly respected member og the team so I have no reson to doubt him

You are Adam Barrett and I claim my £27.50.

No idea. But Brady made a big deal of stressing on the BBC Essex interview that the sum was significant to him. Without knowing how wealthy Tara Brady is there's no telling how much that is. For most of us a season ticket is a significant investment.

Cricko and I broached the subject at our last meeting and he wouldn't answer.

Any idea if everything got paid? As I presume we're under an embargo if not....?

Just been notified that Martin Dawn are in difficulties once more as they face another winding up order. How this may affect sufc or even stadium Plc I do not know.

I'd imagine that every time they're late with their obligations to HMRC, they're going to face a winding up petition.

I've just checked and there's no Winding Up petition noted at Companies House yet, for either SUFC Ltd or Martin Dawn PLC.

Back