• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'm no stranger to the darker side of meat products but has anyone ever brought Saveloys from a supermarket delicatessen?

They are always available for sale yet I have never seen anyone buy them.

The same goes for Goblin tinned hamburgers.

Can anyone add to this list of shame?

SPAM

rock.gif

Anything made by Goblin is pretty dicey - the pictures on their meat puddings hardly look inspiring.

You can get cheapo minced steak in a can as well - must be pretty rank

I think you mean Frey-Bentos.

However apart from Saveloys I think you will find that a lot of old folks buy such products.

For me a list of shame must include anything from Bernard Matthews, especially their Roast rolls such as Turkey Roll or Pork Roll. Why anyone would buy these rather than a real joint of meat either frozen or fresh is beyond me!! .
glare.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ Mar. 23 2006,11:47)]I think you mean Frey-Bentos.

However apart from Saveloys I think you will find that a lot of old folks buy such products.

For me a list of shame must include anything from Bernard Matthews, especially their Roast rolls such as Turkey Roll or Pork Roll. Why anyone would buy these rather than a real joint of meat either frozen or fresh is beyond me!! .
glare.gif
I guess because they are a tad cheaper and maybe more suitable to single people or something like that.
cool.gif

How about usually seen in the freezer cabinets - faggots - made by Brains Ltd?!!
The manufacturers name is enough to put me off never mind the product.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (FLAVIA @ Mar. 23 2006,12:43)]How about usually seen in the freezer cabinets - faggots - made by Brains Ltd?!!
The manufacturers name is enough to put me off never mind the product.
And, on all three occasions I have been to the Millennium Stadium, as the park and ride bus pulls up outside the Brains Brewery in Cardiff some plank has said "Brains. Oh! That make faggots, don't they."

For that reason, and that reason alone I am soooooo glad we got knocked out of the LDV. Please, please SUFC don't make us go to the play-offs, get automatic promotion - otherwise I will kill some one.
suspect.gif
wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ Mar. 23 2006,13:20)]For that reason, and that reason alone I am soooooo glad we got knocked out of the LDV. Please, please SUFC don't make us go to the play-offs, get automatic promotion - otherwise I will kill some one.
suspect.gif

wow.gif
Alternatively, the builders could get the arses moving and build Wembley
smile.gif

As a dedicated vegetarian I can smugly say that anyone who eats any of the sh!t gets all the CJD they deserve
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (hexagon_sun @ Mar. 23 2006,13:27)]As a dedicated vegetarian I can smugly say that anyone who eats any of the sh!t gets all the CJD they deserve
tounge.gif
laugh.gif
There is one problem with your smugness, there is no beef in faggots or saveloys. They are made with pork and to my somewhat limited knowledge there is no link with CJD and pork.

Also there is no proven link between CJD and Mad Cow, it is still all theory based.

So are you a Vegan or just a Vegetarian, as if I was you I would be worried about the pesticide levels found in crops nowadays and if you partake in fish the mercury poisioning which has a greater kill rate than CJD.

Or you so skcollobs to it all and enjoy what you eat as sooner or later you are going to die - so might as well die happy.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ Mar. 23 2006,14:17)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (hexagon_sun @ Mar. 23 2006,13:27)]As a dedicated vegetarian I can smugly say that anyone who eats any of the sh!t gets all the CJD they deserve
tounge.gif
laugh.gif
There is one problem with your smugness, there is no beef in faggots or saveloys. They are made with pork and to my somewhat limited knowledge there is no link with CJD and pork.

Also there is no proven link between CJD and Mad Cow, it is still all theory based.

So are you a Vegan or just a Vegetarian, as if I was you I would be worried about the pesticide levels found in crops nowadays and if you partake in fish the mercury poisioning which has a greater kill rate than CJD.

Or you so skcollobs to it all and enjoy what you eat as sooner or later you are going to die - so might as well die happy.
Was only joking about the CJD. I'm not vegan yet, but certainly don't eat fish. I'm no neurotic when it comes to eating but I try and stay away from chemicals and sh!t. We grow a lot of our own veg and always buy organic local produce.

Sorry i forgot to put
tounge.gif

Anyway I am a snob when it comes to food quality and I buy only meat that comes from traceable farms that are regularly checked.

I do not buy totally into to this organic fad as I feel that it is hard to really ensure that chemicals do not contaminate your crops or livestock. I just think if we paid slightly more for our food and not allow the supermarkets to push the farmers for smaller prices then we would not have as many issues as they would not need to cut corners with animal welfare and the like.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (hexagon_sun @ Mar. 23 2006,14:32)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ Mar. 23 2006,14:17)]
[b said:
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

Was only joking about the CJD. I'm not vegan yet, but certainly don't eat fish. I'm no neurotic when it comes to eating but I try and stay away from chemicals and sh!t. We grow a lot of our own veg and always buy organic local produce.
I bet your mouth waters when you smell bacon cooking.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ Mar. 23 2006,15:49)]Anyway I am a snob when it comes to food quality and I buy only meat that comes from traceable farms that are regularly checked.
In view of some recent culinary practices on away trips would you like to review this statement ?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

hmm ok i fess upto eating Bacon butties from vendors that I do not know the source but when I buy for the family, then this is my stance. Sometimes you have to eat what is available and when you are eating out you cannot have such guidelines.

My Cheap meat top 5.

Catch the fever.....

1. Haggis.
2. Melton Mowbray pork pie.
3. Black pudding.
4. Doner.
5. Kidneys

Back