• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ Mar. 24 2006,00:37)]hmm ok i fess upto eating Bacon butties from vendors that I do not know the source but when I buy for the family, then this is my stance. Sometimes you have to eat what is available and when you are eating out you cannot have such guidelines.
"Fess up" Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
mad.gif

Care to own up to McDonalds at Nottingham Forest ?

ORM is a proud abstainer from McDs for over five years both for health and political reasons. Kids eat the bloody stuff a couple of times a month though.
sad.gif

Just to redress the BobC bashing I happen to know he is a wonderful cook using the finest ingredients.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Mar. 24 2006,02:23)]My Cheap meat top 5.

Catch the fever.....

1. Haggis.
2. Melton Mowbray pork pie.
3. Black pudding.
4. Doner.
5. Kidneys
suspect.gif
ghostface.gif

No, no, no, no, no. If that is a list of "top 5 cheap and nasty meat-stuffs", then your top two couldn't be more wrong if you'd tried.

If you think that Haggis & Melton Mowbray pork pies are bad, then I would suggest that you've been eating the wrong ones.

For Melton Mowbray Pork Pies, my personal favourites are the Mrs. Elizabeth King brand, which has been going since 1854...

A2DMT9.jpg

They're available in Borough Market on Fridays and Saturdays if you happen to be in London of a weekend.

For Haggis, you should try MacSween's Haggis - unquestionably the great chieftain amongst all the puddins...

050125_haggis.jpg

I have yet to find someone who doesn't like the taste of a MacSween's haggis... it has a nutty, spicy, herbal, meaty taste - truly fantastic.

Top 5 nasty meats (first is worst!):

1. Spam
2. Liver
3. Corned Beef
4. Doner Kebab
5. Saveloys

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Slipperduke @ Mar. 24 2006,10:40)]I just had a sausage and egg mcmuffin from McDonalds. I feel kinda dirty inside now.
Serves you right you deserve all the consequent rumblings below the plimsoll line which will be forthcoming.
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Mar. 24 2006,10:29)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Mar. 24 2006,02:23)]My Cheap meat top 5.

Catch the fever.....

1. Haggis.
2. Melton Mowbray pork pie.
3. Black pudding.
4. Doner.
5. Kidneys

No, no, no, no, no.  If that is a list of "top 5 cheap and nasty meat-stuffs", then your top two couldn't be more wrong if you'd tried.
Those were my favourite cheap meats.

The worst would have to be:

1. Anything by Bernard Matthews.
2. Any pre - marinated BBQ meat from a butcher/supermarket.
3. Pink sausages.
4. Findus.
5. Billy bear sausage.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Mar. 24 2006,08:32)]Care to own up to McDonalds at Nottingham Forest ?
Ok but that was beer craving and i would rather eat from McDs than a street vendor burger.

I think this whole health against McD is little unjustified if anyone eats a certain fast food more than 3 times a week is asking for trouble. I guess the main backlash came after the IRA allegations and the SuperSize Documentary.

However McD is one of the few the British Diabetic Association dieticians say that diabetics can eat as they have the less carbs in their food then other well know burger joints.

I hope you do not buy any japanese or german product after the way they treated our troops in WWII or french who provided arms for the argentinians.

Was I the only who loved Spam fritters during the my school days. Totally bad for you but tasted great.

My current top fav cheap meats

1. Haggis
2. Black Pudding
3. Home made corned beef - so simple
4. Melton Mowbray Pork pies - especially when warmed.
5. Faggotts - home made again although Brains version do taste good - home made are best

Back