• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Season Ticket prices ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 06 2004,12:51)]As i say we have our loyal fan base of 2000 or so.

So we should have 8,000 empty seats ?
No. Only around 1,500 buy season tickets. You saying those who don't aren't loyal then?!

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ June 06 2004,12:50)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 06 2004,12:48)]I strongly believe that, Obviously in the past i have spoken to alot of spurs, arsenal, man u fans and i would bet money if we were charging £30-50 for a U16 ST we wud see a healthy growth.
I'll take that bet!!

Candy from a baby!!!!

tounge.gif

WS
Funny that, as we are offering an Under 16 seaso for £25 quid. We did last season as well. And the season beofre that it was £23.

FM. Give up.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (neil @ June 06 2004,12:53)]Perhaps you'd like to get them all to sign a contract saying that they will  buy a season ticket for £30 and then send it to the club.
Perhaps a survey is one way of seing, I can't say if the club has done this already i would'nt have thought so.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 06 2004,12:55)]Perhaps a survey is one way of seing, I can't say if the club has done this already i would'nt have thought so.
It wasn't a serious suggestion. I fail to see how anyone who doesn't support Southend and attend on a regular basis would even consider buying a season ticket. For all the other points being made that is the only one that needs addressing surely?

People that are not Southend fans do not buy Southend season tickets

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ June 06 2004,12:53)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 06 2004,12:51)]As i say we have our loyal fan base of 2000 or so.

So we should have 8,000 empty seats ?
No. Only around 1,500 buy season tickets. You saying those who don't aren't loyal then?!

WS
No im saying those they don't for whatever reason can't, Work, Money or time.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (neil @ June 06 2004,12:57)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 06 2004,12:55)]Perhaps a survey is one way of seing, I can't say if the club has done this already i would'nt have thought so.
It wasn't a serious suggestion. I fail to see how anyone who doesn't support Southend and attend on a regular basis would even consider buying a season ticket. For all the other points being made that is the only one that needs addressing surely?

How do you become a Southend fan though ?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 06 2004,12:58)]
[b said:
[b said:

Surely your not thinking of giving up Aresnal and becoming a Shrimper FM?

[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

Well, either because your parents indoctrinated you at a young age (which, I suspect is the case for most people) or you become attracted to it because you go to a game and you enjoy it, so then you might go again, and then again...

Eventually it progresses until you become a regular supporter. The best way of attracting new fans is to have a good team. I'm sure the Cardiff trip would have helped to foster some new fans. They may not come every week but I'm sure that they will come more regularly if the team plays well and wins games.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kent Shrimper @ June 06 2004,12:59)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

I am a Shrimper.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 06 2004,13:01)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

I am a Shrimper.
Oh my mistake

[b said:
Quote[/b] (neil @ June 06 2004,12:43)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 06 2004,12:37)]Jim, People have cars and how they get there is not so much of a concern in my book, many people have many different means.
But how many want to drive to football matches, I have a car and I certainly don't want to drive. Even if they did drive then you still have to add your travelling costs, what's the point in buying a ticket if you can't afford the petrol.

If these fans who support Premiersh*te clubs live in Southend and want to see another team, I can't see them deciding to fight their way to East London.

It seems to have been forgotten by FM that season ticket prices for U16's are £25 or £40, depending on when you buy, in the RBS section of the West Enclosure, which seems to compare favourably with other clubs. Adults, I believe, are £210.

FM's argument seems to be centralising more as the thread goes on for ticket prices of U16s or students in the East Stand. Humour me, FM, seeing as I don't know you in person, are you by any chance an U16 or student sitting in the East Stand?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (neil @ June 06 2004,13:01)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

Well, either because your parents indoctrinated you at a young age (which, I suspect is the case for most people) or you become attracted to it because you go to a game and you enjoy it, so then you might go again, and then again...

Eventually it progresses until you become a regular supporter. The best way of attracting new fans is to have a good team. I'm sure the Cardiff trip would have helped to foster some new fans. They may not come every week but I'm sure that they will come more regularly if the team plays well and wins games.
I agree, however how do you get to these games ?

Offers made by the club ?
cheap tickets ?
Friends who watch Southend ?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kent Shrimper @ June 06 2004,14:03)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 06 2004,13:01)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

I am a Shrimper.
Oh my mistake
It's a common one to make.

[b said:
I can see it now : the Club surveys the Under 16 season ticket holders about reduced prices. Funnily enough they seem quite eager. Club reduces £130 season tickets to £30. Assuming 300 under 16 season ticket holders (number plucked out of air) then LOSS of revenue would be in the region of £30,000 - now that's a year's salary that could be used for a new player. But assuming that FM reckons more under 16s would buy season tickets, we'd be having to find 1,000 more young fans just to break even; we wouldn't even be making any more money that if we'd just stuck at £130 for the existing 300.

Does not compute ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 06 2004,13:05)]I agree, however how do you get to these games ?

Offers made by the club ?
cheap tickets ?
Friends who watch Southend ?
No doubt a friend would have introduced you in the first place or you went as a family.

I have a feeling that this argument is founded on a personal basis.

Is this about the fact that you don't want to pay that much money to sit where you want to sit and that your friends won't come with you because they don't want to pay that much money to see a team they don't actually support?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ June 06 2004,13:08)]
[b said:
I can see it now : the Club surveys the Under 16 season ticket holders about reduced prices. Funnily enough they seem quite eager. Club reduces £130 season tickets to £30. Assuming 300 under 16 season ticket holders (number plucked out of air) then LOSS of revenue would be in the region of £30,000 - now that's a year's salary that could be used for a new player. But assuming that FM reckons more under 16s would buy season tickets, we'd be having to find 1,000 more young fans just to break even; we wouldn't even be making any more money that if we'd just stuck at £130 for the existing 300.

Does not compute ...

WS
What if FM decided to underwrite the cost to the club?
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ June 06 2004,13:05)]Humour me, FM, seeing as I don't know you in person, are you by any chance an U16 or student sitting in the East Stand?
Bingo!!

WS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back