• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Season Ticket prices ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ June 06 2004,13:05)]It seems to have been forgotten by FM that season ticket prices for U16's are £25 or £40, depending on when you buy, in the RBS section of the West Enclosure, which seems to compare favourably with other clubs.  Adults, I believe, are £210.

FM's argument seems to be centralising more as the thread goes on for ticket prices of U16s or students in the East Stand.  Humour me, FM, seeing as I don't know you in person, are you by any chance an U16 or student sitting in the East Stand?
Yes i am, However im not using one rule for Southend and another for other clubs.

The Family area is that, a section for familys.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 06 2004,13:05)]I agree, however how do you get to these games ?

Offers made by the club ?
cheap tickets ?
Friends who watch Southend ?
a. Club offers are in existence throughout the season in the form of family fundays, ladies day, Frank Banks' Football in the Community scheme, etc, etc.

b. There are already cheap tickets - £2 for the RBS Family Stand, £11.50 for the accompanying adult ... still a helluva lot cheaper than going up to the Smoke to watch the Premiersh*te.

c. Plenty have been convinced to come and watch a game or two in the past.

WS

There is a reason for this seemingly pointless post. I can't see FM's latest reply (Probably a good thing though).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 06 2004,13:10)]The Family area is that, a section for familys.
Actually, it's just a name for two blocks of the West that offer cheap tickets, but if you want to be pedantic.....
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 06 2004,13:10)]The Family area is that, a section for familys.
So your argument that there are no cheap tickets for kids at Southend United - the club's future fanbase - is in fact a load of b******s. If you want cheap tickets, head off for the West Stand; £25 to you, FM, if you get in quick! Anyway, I thought your point was about expensive season tickets?

WS

We haven't had one of these for ages!!

I'm not trying to be obtuse, FM - believe me, you'd know otherwise
wink.gif
- but I'm sure just about everybody doesn't know what criteria you have set your assertion by.

You stated that Southend are the 2nd most expensive club for standard tickets. JS / WS then provided us a list that showed tit wasn't the case.

You then stated that £305 for a season ticket wouldn't attract the floating fan (for want of a better word). It was pointed out that £305 equates to just over £13 a game, which seems pretty reasonable, and that a 'floating' fan by their very nature won't buy one.

It's then centred on the price for U16's / students being £130 as opposed to, I think, £40 elsewhere. Again,it was pointed out that under £6 a game is pretty good and that there are concession seats are available in the RBS.

Now you've stated the family section is what it is. But if there is a floating fan going for the first time with an U16, if they go to the ticket office and ask for choices, the RBS may well be the section offered to them first as that is the least expensive. That surely has to be taken into consideration if you're trying to forward an objective viewpoint on ticketing prices?

Your aim, I believe, was to show how expensive Southend United was in comparison to others. What you appear to have done, however, is show that Southend are in factr fairly competitive in all spectrums of their pricing scale. Just be happy you've shown Southend in a good light
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ June 06 2004,13:23)]
[b said:
So your argument that there are no cheap tickets for kids at Southend United - the club's future fanbase - is in fact a load of b******s. If you want cheap tickets, head off for the West Stand; £25 to you, FM, if you get in quick! Anyway, I thought your point was about expensive season tickets?

WS

We haven't had one of these for ages!!
I tried that, i couldn't see a bloody thing, no disrespect to anyone that sits there.

And my point is more other clubs and what they offer compared to our club.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 06 2004,14:34)]I tried that, i couldn't see a bloody thing, no disrespect to anyone that sits there.

And my point is more other clubs and what they offer compared to our club.
I've experienced football from all stands... and views from the west are fine. Don't know why you had such a problem and 'couldn't see a bloody thing'.

Maybe you should try taking them blinkers off!

As for your second point... what exactly is it that other 3rd division clubs offer that SUFC don't?

I fail to see your point.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 06 2004,13:34)]And my point is more other clubs and what they offer compared to our club.
And?!

So, what you're saying is ... if Darlington offer season tickets for £260, people in south Essex would choose to travel to the north-east of England instead of walking down the road to Roots Hall?!

tounge.gif

Seriously, it doesn't matter what other clubs offer, especially in the case of Southend United which have NO Premiersh*te / Football League clubs within a 30 mile radius. A 'floating fan' in Southend is more likely to come to Roots Hall to catch a game than spend £10 / £12 to travel up to London or wherever and THEN pay to get into a ground (and we have already seen that it would cost anywhere between £16 and £55 for a ticket) which would bring the cost up to way beyond anything Southend United would charge. Your argument still leaks water ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ June 06 2004,13:39)]As for your second point... what exactly is it that other 3rd division clubs offer that SUFC don't?
He keeps mentioning Leyton Orient but they don't offer anything that could be considered as an improvement. They charge the same as us for matchday admission, their ground will be a building site ... oh, and they finished two places BELOW us so it can't be the football!!

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ June 06 2004,13:44)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ June 06 2004,13:39)]As for your second point... what exactly is it that other 3rd division clubs offer that SUFC don't?
He keeps mentioning Leyton Orient but they don't offer anything that could be considered as an improvement. They charge the same as us for matchday admission, their ground will be a building site ... oh, and they finished two places BELOW us so it can't be the football!!

WS
I mention Orient as they are our nearest 3rd div rivals, Well we seem to be losing our best players and 2 places £170-£250-305, a big different for a team 2 places above ha.

I give up on this one, Im getting frustrated and im not gonna win.

FM, I don't like the "I give up, I'm not gonna win" comment. It really smacks of the "Spoilt Bas.tard" character in Viz. Though I doubt you wear the navy uniform and Bobby Charlton comb-over he always seems to have.

You're implying that the whole point of your contribution on this thread is to simply win an argument and score points off other people as opposed to engaging in healthy debate.

You have made assertions, others have responded and tried to use facts to back up their viewpoints. It isn't a competition this, it's called conversation. You shouldn't get the hump just because people with differing views are making good points.

As I stated a lot earlier, it would be really helpful to back up your opinion if you. at least, provided links to your information which led you to state that Southend United's prices were so expensive.

Southend is in one of the most affluent areas of the Britain. Most of our Third Division competitors are in the North of England which has (generally) a far lower cost of living. With that in mind I'd say that we are quite competive.

FM is right about us offering cheaper price tickets for U16s outside of the family enclosure though. If you're 15 and coming along to football for the first time you don't want to sit with a bunch of little kids and their parents. A £30 season ticket in the South Lower or part of the West would attract a hell of a lot of people if the clubs marketed it right with local schools, and these are people who then will be much more inclined to carry on going to the club and pay full price for it when they reach the age where they have to pay full price. Thats how I got hooked.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ June 06 2004,14:13)]FM is right about us offering cheaper price tickets for U16s outside of the family enclosure though. If you're 15 and coming along to football for the first time you don't want to sit with a bunch of little kids and their parents. A £30 season ticket in the South Lower or part of the West would attract a hell of a lot of people if the clubs marketed it right with local schools, and these are people who then will be much more inclined to carry on going to the club and pay full price for it when they reach the age where they have to pay full price. Thats how I got hooked.
This is the sort of thing im saying, People seem to think we have a family bit of the ground that offers cheap tickets so thats it.

And as for your bit about most of our rivals are up north, i looked at ticket prices for, Orient, Brentford, QPR and Colchester.

And to be honest it didn't compare well. This is what i was saying compared to our southern neighbours our ticket prices are rather steep for what you get in return.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 06 2004,15:56)]And as for your bit about most of our rivals are up north, i looked at ticket prices for, Orient, Brentford, QPR and Colchester.

And to be honest it didn't compare well. This is what i was saying compared to our southern neighbours our ticket prices are rather steep for what you get in return.
FFS So what EXACTLY do you want in return, FM? A football club provides ... ermmm ... a game of football, whether it be good or bad. (BTW Someone needs to remember that supporters should be prepared to take the rough with the smooth.) Do you want personal physicians, hand and foot massage, swimming pool, personal valet?! What do you want from a football club?!

Your argument about other "nearby" teams being cheaper falls foul when you take into account additional travelling costs (and someone also needs to remember that running a car is not cheap these days). It would still be cheaper to go to Southend United than travel to the other clubs you have mentioned above.

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 06 2004,15:56)]This is the sort of thing im saying, People seem to think we have a family bit of the ground that offers cheap tickets so thats it.
Well, you veered dramatically from slating the club (incorrectly) for being the second most expensive club in the division to spearheading a campaign for cheap tickets for kids ... which is it, FM? Which?

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ June 06 2004,16:15)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 06 2004,15:56)]And as for your bit about most of our rivals are up north, i looked at ticket prices for, Orient, Brentford, QPR and Colchester.

FFS So what EXACTLY do you want in return, FM? A football club provides ... ermmm ... a game of football, whether it be good or bad. (BTW Someone needs to remember that supporters should be prepared to take the rough with the smooth.) Do you want personal physicians, hand and foot massage, swimming pool, personal valet?! What do you want from a football club?!

Your argument about other "nearby" teams being cheaper falls foul when you take into account additional travelling costs (and someone also needs to remember that running a car is not cheap these days). It would still be cheaper to go to Southend United than travel to the other clubs you have mentioned above.

WS
But for 20 quid dearer than our cheapest ticket you get watch first division football.

My point is, the clubs around us that serve first,second and 3rd division footy seem to be generally cheaper than us.

So what do we provide that these others don't ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back