• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should Mohsni be given another chance once he's served his ban?

• Yes

Votes: 159 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 53 25.0%

• Total voters
No no no no no no! For goodness sake how many chances do you want to give him? Let him sod off back to the French amateur leagues and learn his lessons. We've had a great team spirit this season because the likes of him and Hall haven't been involved. In any case, say we had a full or near full-strength team - where does he fit in?

he was always going to be sent off because he was trying so hard to make it up to the fans. Now i dont like him as such, however he has talent and he is not injured! The challenge was also not malicious nor did he go in two footed to break someones leg!

If he and Cresswell swapped sendings off, then i would see people going for mohsni head and defending cresswell.. however cresswell was worse in the fact he retaliated!

I could not go yesterday but accept the majority opinion that he was very good before the sending off. It's the Moshni we known and love (or not) depending on your point of view.
However I was more than impressed with BBBC's after match comments which led me to believe he's quite liked and respected in the squad (as a maverick of course) and if the players are OK with it then so am I.
In any case we've so few fit players can we leave him out? He's inspirational, a man with incredible natural gifts, size and height but as we also know is as nutty as a fruit cake.

he was always going to be sent off because he was trying so hard to make it up to the fans. Now i dont like him as such, however he has talent and he is not injured! The challenge was also not malicious nor did he go in two footed to break someones leg!

If he and Cresswell swapped sendings off, then i would see people going for mohsni head and defending cresswell.. however cresswell was worse in the fact he retaliated!

Great post, my thoughts exactly. It was a bad challenge, mid timed but not malicious. For the way he played in the first 25 mins I think he is worth a another chance.... But that really would be the last one. I had serious reservations when i heard he was back, but up until the incident he had played well, looked composed on the ball. Guess he will be off in the summer anyway.

These poll results surprise me!

I thought the majority on here never wanted to see Mohsni again.

The fact that some people were clapping and applauding him off after his sending off was bizarre.

Yes if the Management team want him and the players are happy that's good enough for me.
He is a talent and could be the something different that keeps this season going and secure us the chance of 3rd Place/Playoffs.

It's not really 'another' chance , it's the same one.
He just happened to get sent off.
As did Cresswell.
As do others all over the country.

I'm interested to know who it is who's done the crawling. Have we gone back to Bil or has he came crawling to us. Or was it even a mixture of both!?

I'm interested to know who it is who's done the crawling. Have we gone back to Bil or has he came crawling to us. Or was it even a mixture of both!?

I've been thinking the same thing and I guess neither side will want to fully admit the truth on that one.
My guess - we needed him and he needed us.

I am against him having anything to do with this club, and feel the club has prostituted itself by allowing a man that has stuck his fingers up to the club and fans, to come back in. Ok, thats me, but he is back, and there is no doubting his talent, so yes lets get on with it, give him another chance, play him, and hope we can pick some sort fee for him.

I've been thinking the same thing and I guess neither side will want to fully admit the truth on that one.
My guess - we needed him and he needed us.

It was suggested somewhere that Bilel turned up for training (unexpectedly) a few weeks ago. That suggests that possibly the first move came from Bilel.

(perhaps just to add fuel to the fire) I've posted on another Bilel thread that before he plays for us again after he serves his ban we should negotiate a new 18 month deal with him on the same money (or less) but with a release clause should a bit above a certain valuation come in.
post is here http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/show...heard-news-about-Mohsni&p=1488257#post1488257

With the proviso that he reintegrates with the squad over the next few weeks than a new contract will give some stability to the situation. It will mean there is something in it for Bilel and something in it for SUFC. Apart from anything else the most likely way that we'll get a fee for him and possibly the most likely way to tip the balance so we get promotion. We could just use him in the super sub context (last 20mins when we are chasing the game) until he can demonstrate his new professionalism.

Have a sneaky feeling that sooner or later Bilel will dissapear into the depths of French football as quickly as he arrived on the scene (Francis Laurent style) and we will all be left scratching our heads wondering why we loved the man so much and continued to support him so loyally after the many times he wedged a knife in our backs lol. But the point is, he's here now and he will get my full support until the manager decides enough is enough.

Have a sneaky feeling that sooner or later Bilel will dissapear into the depths of French football as quickly as he arrived on the scene (Francis Laurent style) and we will all be left scratching our heads wondering why we loved the man so much and continued to support him so loyally after the many times he wedged a knife in our backs lol. But the point is, he's here now and he will get my full support until the manager decides enough is enough.

Spot on!!!

Led to believe it was both, but we only went back to him after the Cresswell red.

He will never ever learn! But it's a yes from me! Despite being majorly ****ed off! Because he can be positively (and negatively) devastating at both ends of the pitch! AND we can't afford to be too fussy!

Back