• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Options

• I am a smoker and tramps are right to smoke.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am a smoker but I think tramps are wrong to smoke.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DTS

The Business
Again as with the lesbians thread was walking over London Bridge today when the lad I wortk with and I were approached by a Big Issue salesman.

He looked very tramp like as you would expect yet he was smoking a B&H type fag (Rather than a roll up).

Now I said to Ben that I work with that I think it was pretty poor that he can find money for fags yet he has a sign telling us how hungry he is. I said he would be better of saving his money up each day and going to the £6.99 Curry Buffett lunch that we both used to love when we worked for LTSB HQ at Old Street.

Ben on the other hand argued firstly that a tramp would not be welcome in the eat as much as you like buffett as he smells. Also that curry might not be such a good idea every day if you dont have regular toliet. Hard to argue with this.

However the bit that got me was as follows. Ben thinks tramps are right to smoke for the following reason.

1) Supressess appetite
2) Something to look forward too.
3) Keeps them warm
4) Smoking is cool.
5) As they are drunks a fag with drink goes down well.
6) They can get food from a soup kitchen yet they cant get fags.

Now I think this is rubbish.

Please settle this trampy debate.

DtS

Last edited:
Not too sure about the smoking issue but there are a few tramps i have to walk past every morning near Petticoat lane , have enough story's to tell about these 4-5 tramps but our favourite in the office was when someone called us on there phone to say that 2 of the ( both men)tramps were snogging in full view of everyone walking past.

when some of the lads ran down to have a look for a laugh, to their suprise the 2 tramps had gone well should i say a little bit further than just snogging

Now i give it to you guys , have you ever seen 2 gay tramps at it cos it's not a pretty sight i tell thee:minger:

Smoking is total bollocks and anyone who smokes, be they a tramp or a billionaire wants their head testing.

Smoking is total bollocks and anyone who smokes, be they a tramp or a billionaire wants their head testing.

Smoking makes me look cool, it makes girls like me and it gets me served in pubs.

Instead of subscribing to the 'No wonder he's so poor, he smokes' view, I might suggest a look at the, 'no wonder he smokes, he's so poor' view.

Give them a break, heck if I was a tramp i'd probably doing more than smoking. Its gotta be a crap existence for them (unless its self inflicted) so anything that can give them an ounce of pleasure is ok by me.

Maybe they should stop smoking full stop, try getting off the drink (mainly the reason they are tramps) and try getting a job.

If England focussed more on homeless people then immigrants then this would not be an issue.

Not too sure about the smoking issue but there are a few tramps i have to walk past every morning near Petticoat lane , have enough story's to tell about these 4-5 tramps but our favourite in the office was when someone called us on there phone to say that 2 of the ( both men)tramps were snogging in full view of everyone walking past.

:minger:

If we are on to tales of Tramp relating disgustingness, when I was travelling and on Santa Monica beach, which as it was October was fairly empty, this tramp comes down the beach....stops about 30 yards away from me and my mate, and proceeded to make a fairly large mound out of the sand. Fairly odd I thought, but if the tramp wants to make rubbish sandcastles so be it.

However, he then undoes his magotty flies and proceeds to straddle the mound and hump the living daylights out it. I thought it was the most revolting thing ever, yet also hilarious. The lifeguard, in baywatch attire, was quite bewildered and not entirely sure what to do, but managed to clear the tramp away eventually.

So, if on Santa Monica beach, stear clear of the just to the right of the pier...

If we are on to tales of Tramp relating disgustingness, when I was travelling and on Santa Monica beach, which as it was October was fairly empty, this tramp comes down the beach....stops about 30 yards away from me and my mate, and proceeded to make a fairly large mound out of the sand. Fairly odd I thought, but if the tramp wants to make rubbish sandcastles so be it.

However, he then undoes his magotty flies and proceeds to straddle the mound and hump the living daylights out it.

To be fair I've always quite fancied Sandie Shaw too.

I think that smoking is not going to help the tramp, for example there is absolutely no chance that I would ever give money to a tramp who had a fag in their hand, I would just think what is the ****ing point.

So basically they can smoke, but it needs to be sneeky, so nobody sees!!!

I remember walking along Lower Thames Street in the City once, and there was a particularly oderiferous tramp laying on the pavement ingesting a large bottle of methylated spirits. He pulled a cigarette from some fold in his clothing which to my alarm he lit. I was most disappointed that he did not self immolate on the spot.

Its the same with the ones with dogs !

There used to be someone regularly in Aldgate underpass who was begging with a dog.
Kill the dog mate, it will give you enough food for a couple of days and afterwards you will save money.

There is currently a programme running on I think it is BBC 3, about life on the streets of London. It is about 5 people from "well to do" backgrounds that have to survive sleeping on the streets for 10 days without contact with friends or family. It is surprising how hard they are finding it even after 2 nights.One had reversed called his mother in tears, another has tried selling flowers he got on "tic"but was constantly moved on by the police.One girl the daughter of a famous news reader even went to find her dads's friend Fern Britton and came away with £20 which she had to either forfeit of loose her sleeping bag she lost her sleeping bag then booked in a hostel for the night.It is worth a watch just to see it isn't as some people seem to think, "just being a tramp". I have great sympathy for alot of these so called hobo's. Many are not gifted with much intelligence or get up and go, many are old with no relatives at all.Of course some do it out of choice and who can blame them for that, with this country turning more and more into George Orwells world as I type.With the influx of aslyum seekers most have little or no chance of finding permanent housing ..That is the catch 22 no fixed address no job and visa versa.Getting back to the point in question .if they can have a little smoke now and again so what .....As the saying goes.

There but for the grace of God go I.

Back