• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should we appeal Barry Corr's red card?

• Yes

Votes: 178 90.4%
  • No

Votes: 19 9.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b038mxpw/The_Football_League_Show_2013_2014_10_08_2013/

Game starts 1:07:30 in. Looks like a coming together more than anything. If that is a red card then you'll get 3-4 red cards at every set-piece.

I can see the other guy back kicking but not Corr. Interestingly it says a lot that Corr doesn't go very far with arguing the dismissal and where are his team mates to back him up!? Okay they may be back down the pitch haven't not seen anything but seriously if you were innocent and had been sent off you would be furious. No sign of that from BBBC

Although BBBC can be a bit of a twit (eg Plymouth last season) - the footage on the FL show did not show much - and on that evidence I would go for an appeal.

I can see the other guy back kicking but not Corr. Interestingly it says a lot that Corr doesn't go very far with arguing the dismissal and where are his team mates to back him up!? Okay they may be back down the pitch haven't not seen anything but seriously if you were innocent and had been sent off you would be furious. No sign of that from BBBC

Have to say I did think the exact same thing when I watched it. Although I personally didn't see anything wrong, Corr didn't seem to contest it all that much. If it was me I would have gone absolutely barmy, which kind of makes me feel he knows he must have done something??

Have to say I did think the exact same thing when I watched it. Although I personally didn't see anything wrong, Corr didn't seem to contest it all that much. If it was me I would have gone absolutely barmy, which kind of makes me feel he knows he must have done something??

So the fact that he respected the referees decision even if he disagreed with it should he used against him?

The trouble is, he's been sent off enough to know that arguing with the Ref after being sent off is futile, and only makes him look more of a hot head. If he had have gone absolutely barmy as you suggested, we would be on here slating him for that.

As stated numerous times on this thread, ban only will be increased if appeal is deemed frivolous, there is enough evidence of doubt so NOT a frivolous appeal :nope:

Please get something right.

The trouble is, to us it not a frivolous appeal - but the powers that be live on a different planet :sad:

Just seems crazy that this got a red when the blatant shove on Bennett last week got absolutely sweet FA.

Just seems crazy that this got a red when the blatant shove on Bennett last week got absolutely sweet FA.

Well thats what gives me some hope as apparently he wasnt sent off for a shove but for a kick. If we can demonstrated he didnt do what he got sent off for hopefully it will get wiped.

That is what concerns me. The panel are biased in favour of the Officials most of the time. I say again there was no trouble. no malais but Bsrry squaring up to him suggests he was inciting trouble. Even then he probabvly did/said Jack **** bnut from a distance it will look like it was an " inciting". thing. that is what the ref will say in addition to the kick out in his defence.

And as I said yesterday this is my honest view. just like i thought the guy who pushed Bennett last week should have got more than what he did. However , If I'm wrong with my view on Barrys Appeal I will hold my hands up.

And as I said yesterday this is my honest view. just like i thought the guy who pushed Bennett last week should have got more than what he did. However , If I'm wrong with my view on Barrys Appeal I will hold my hands up.

As has been stated before Corr didnt get sent off for a push, he got sent off for a kick. Kicking someone is a sending off and should definitely be a red, but as he didnt kick anyone then hopefully it will be overturned.

I have no doubt it will be overturned, having watched it many times in slo mo and normal speed. In this case, there won't be much arguing from the Ref, as he will see it's clearly not Corr that kicked out, and he can lay the blame at the blind linesmen.

But the Ref will add things Jam to his defence. Yes their was the lack of a kick out from him but he still squared up to him which has compromised the Refs judgement. And that bit was seen by the Ref as he turned round blowing the whistle as Barry squared up. Ok he gave one reason but in his official report the Ref will add to it. I've stuck my neck out honestly in sayin it is understandable The Club appealed but My genuine feeling is it won;t be won. I hope it does pan out well and I will admit I was wrong if i'am proved wrong. Will you stick your neck out and be confident enough to say you think it will succeed? ( I repeat I'm not 100% sayin it won't succeed but a small majority of me feels it will fail).

As I said on another thread, at the beginning of the second half the ref was talking with Lairdy by the centre spot and was indicating a "back kick". My eyes aren't great but there does seem to be a "back kick" at the time of the incident - only it seems to be the Hartlepool player that is "back kicking".

If the lino says the "back kick" was the violent conduct then it could be a simple case of mistaken identity. But that would seem a bit odd as Hartlepool had white stockings and we had black.

Perhaps the ref was telling Lairdy that Corr reacted to a "back kick" but that would mean both would have been making the walk down the tunnel, wouldn't it?

I have my fingers crossed anyway. :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back