• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Shrewsbury Town v Southend United

Replaced Timlin, Wordsworth and Wright with Dieng, Mantom and Hyam

But he used to play for us and Hopper got injured so we cant criticise his recruitment

Of course we can criticise his recruitment, but it has to be balanced. Granted, the midfield he brought in looks to be one of the worst we’ve had in my memory.

But he also brought in two strikers, who are head and shoulders above the average dross we’re used to.

Hart was abysmal when he first joined, but soon became one of the first names on the team sheet.

And none of us were moaning about the recruitment of Taylor Moore.

It’s all about balance. He did some good things, and equally did some bad things.

Oxley is absolute dog ****

One of the worst keepers i have ever set eyes on

Humphrys has been one of the few shining lights this season. He's one of the least that should be moaned about. We've been going on that we need a 1 in 2 striker for years. Here he is, we're blessed. It's a shame he's backed up by the worst midfield we've had for years, and team mates making costly mistakes all over the pitch. He can score with either foot, even outside the area. He had that fantastic attacking run yesterday with the ball that surprised me how fast he is. He's doing his bit. It must be demoralising to score all those goals and we still lose. There's plenty of other players to moan about.

Humphrys has been one of the few shining lights this season. He's one of the least that should be moaned about. We've been going on that we need a 1 in 2 striker for years. Here he is, we're blessed. It's a shame he's backed up by the worst midfield we've had for years, and team mates making costly mistakes all over the pitch. He can score with either foot, even outside the area. He had that fantastic attacking run yesterday with the ball that surprised me how fast he is. He's doing his bit. It must be demoralising to score all those goals and we still lose. There's plenty of other players to moan about.

See Powell wasn't all bad and just imagine if Humphrys hadn't got injured and Powell got sacked. We would be sitting mid table in L1 now.

Holding?? How do you come to the assumption he is holding? whats he done in a game any game either this season or last to suggest he or you know what his role is/ he couldn't hold his own **** that one

Oh dear ... it sounds as if you just want an argument

Why has this team got a total inability to defend
To be honest I think we are a total embarrassment..3 of the 4 goals where down
To Ryman standard defending yet again

Was it an inability to defend ?

Admittedly, it was only from the radio commentary, but three of the goals were down to players in wide , deep positions , giving the ball away cheaply , whether that's down to poor passing, poor possession , poor decision making that's a different issue , but I wouldn't put errors in possession down as an inability to defend

Ron Martin is more to blame for the mess we’re in, than CP

CP chose and signed some dreadful players and let better ones leave. Mantom/Dieng for example. Ron just gave him the money. Not to mention Powell couldn't manage his way out of a paper bag.

Blah blah blah

An englightened response thankyou. I know he's the Messiah amongst some but he was an absolutely dreadful manager, one of the worst. I hope he's still "Sir" Chris Powell when we're knocking around the basement division next season.

Last edited:
CP chose and signed some dreadful players and let better ones leave. Mantom/Dieng for example. Ron just gave him the money. Not to mention Powell couldn't manage his way out of a paper bag.

Lols, so Ron wasn’t the one to tie up players like Kightly, Ferdinand, Turner on long, expensive contracts?

Also, remember you were one of the ones saying “anyone but Powell”, how’d that work out?

An englightened response thankyou. I know he's the Messiah amongst some but he was an absolutely dreadful manager, one of the worst. I hope he's still "Sir" Chris Powell when we're knocking around the basement division next season.

I guess your are ignoring the fact that 14 players were out injured at the same time. No manager can function properly in that situation. This is something you seem to keep ignoring. I have no doubt that had all those players had nite been injured, we wouldnt be in this mess now. Just having a fit Humphrys would have been enough

Of what? We know u don't like Powell and you are another that totally disregarded the unprecedented injuries Powell had to deal with.

It seems ironic that Powell has been brought into the England set up yet you still think he is useless.

Don’t get me started on the England role. Tick in a diversity box

Injuries were brought on by a poor training schedule. Countless days off. No wonder the bodies of the players broke down

Don’t get me started on the England role. Tick in a diversity box

Injuries where brought on by a poor training schedule. Countless days off. No wonder the bodies of the players broke down
So Powell got the England role because he's black ?

The players didn't get injured between the time Powell took over and the end of the season. Did he change the training regime, days off etc at the start of the next season then?

Back