• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I think this has been a positive thread, as in the main, we all want the same thing..and that's a stable football club to support. I think True Blue has raised constructive criticism of the Trust, which they've acknowledged but seem reluctant to change their attitude. I believe the Trust have done a good job over the years, however I am no longer a member because I don't agree with their stance on this and other issues.

I wouldn't want to see demonstrations at (or after) matches, as that would just affect the players performances, but the question is, how do we go forward ?

Given the ongoing review by Sainsbury's, for once I can understand why Ron can't give a start date. He probably knows little more than we do about the outcome, hence he's kept quiet. He can't win: if he publicly announces a start date he gets shot down for the bs that it is, and if he says nothing then people moan that he's keeping the fans in the dark. Right now he's doing both to try and appease the fans but it's not working. The fact is, little progress is being made and a lot of it is out of Ron's hands, so he's keeping quiet and avoiding questions so he doesn't get the blame.

That doesn't explain the last few years of silence though.

Since 2007, Ron has never and will never be able to win. Whatever he says will be deemed spin, lies and bs and few will believe it.

That is why there has been silence. If he says nothing, then he gives no-one any ammunition.

Just out of curiosity Is there any substance in any of the rumours?
I think if they do pull out it sort of leaves the club in " no mans land" as we all know there is no money at the club anymore and hence any improvements than need to be made will not be able to be completed. That in its self is quite worrying as it will mean the club will not be able to go forward and RH is already in a state of disrepair

"That is why there has been silence. If he says nothing, then he gives no-one any ammunition."

I take your point, but I think his silence is also disrespectful to his paying customers and shareholders who have a genuine interest in the future of the football club.

"That is why there has been silence. If he says nothing, then he gives no-one any ammunition."

I take your point, but I think his silence is also disrespectful to his paying customers and shareholders who have a genuine interest in the future of the football club.

Much of his silence is for legal reasons and I think he also has a genuine interest in the club. In fact, his future depends on us!

I'm not doubting his interest in the club. I'm more concerned for my fellow supporters who are being left in the dark.

I'm not doubting his interest in the club. I'm more concerned for my fellow supporters who are being left in the dark.

I'm not disagreeing with you actually. However, his silence is legally necessary and there is absolutely sod all we can do about it at the minute other than be prepared to act should we need to.

I'm not disagreeing with you actually. However, his silence is legally necessary and there is absolutely sod all we can do about it at the minute other than be prepared to act should we need to.

Well said fbm, and it's something people seem to have so much trouble understanding.

I disagree with it being ok for Ron to remain quiet because a) he can't win whatever he says or b) it's for legal reasons.

As mentioned before, we are paying fans, and deserve to get some info. I'm not saying RM needs to make a statement every home game, but a statement every 3-6 months just to say work is still progressing and add any new info that he may be able to. He doesn't have to give deadlines or expected start dates. Yes, we may hear the same news repeated, but something is better than nothing. Plus if he make a deadline promise, an explanation to say "Factors outside his control" to explain why the deadline was not met. I think for most fans the silence is deafening.

Also the legal argument doesn't hold ground in this instance as all he has to say is along the lines of...

"We fully committed to building FF, but the build goes hand-in-hand with the new Sainsburys store (am I correct in thinking this is public knowledge?) and as Sainsburys have a new boss (public knowledge) they are reviewing their present & future plans (public knowledge) which is common procedure. Once the review is complete, we look forward to pushing ahead with FF"

As FF is a big thing for SUFC & RM made a big thing about the Spring deadline, a statement like the above is the least I would have expected.

Well said fbm, and it's something people seem to have so much trouble understanding.

People have trouble understanding as the legal part dOrd not make sense. There is no obvious reason why he can't make a statement that Sainsbury are undertaking a strategic review as they fave a new chairman. If this is correct there is no obvious reason why the TRUST can not say this. Equally if the TRUST does not believe this is correct then they should say so.

If the reasons for silence are obvious can someone please explain why, also any links which 'prove' that a strategic review is occurring would be useful

People have trouble understanding as the legal part dOrd not make sense. There is no obvious reason why he can't make a statement that Sainsbury are undertaking a strategic review as they fave a new chairman. If this is correct there is no obvious reason why the TRUST can not say this. Equally if the TRUST does not believe this is correct then they should say so.

If the reasons for silence are obvious can someone please explain why, also any links which 'prove' that a strategic review is occurring would be useful

Legally I'm afraid it is best to say nothing. I agree there appears to be no obvious reason to the layman, but ANYTHING that is said is dissected in minute detail and then commented upon, probably misinterpreted and it opens conjecture into what wasn't said.

If there is no statement, no laws have been broken and the worst that can happen is that a few people are frustrated. Annoying, I agree, but necessary.

The whole problem is caused by the Chairman's total silence and as a paid employee Steve Kavanagh is not at liberty to divulge anything --- that is if he even knows.

How about we send in the Spanish Inquisition ( for all you Monty Python fans ) ?

The whole problem is caused by the Chairman's total silence and as a paid employee Steve Kavanagh is not at liberty to divulge anything --- that is if he even knows.

How about we send in the Spanish Inquisition ( for all you Monty Python fans ) ?

This and this again !

Ron has a cunning plan and he ain't telling nobody.

Said it before but I will say it again the trust are WEAK Ron should be at that Q and A anybody else on the stadium issue is pointless

Do you not think that has been suggested? Ron is his own man, he will do what he wants, when he wants and will tell who he wants. End of.

Meantime, "we" work tirelessly in the background trying to ensure we have the capacity to step in, if and when necessary. Knocking quiz nights isn't really helpful on your part is it?

I still can't believe people want a new stadium. It will be three-sided with 18,000 empty seats - is that what you want, a white elephant?

Back