• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Swansea away with the Club subsidising the coach I imagine a few will go.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Jan. 18 2005,13:39)]Swansea away with the Club subsidising the coach I imagine a few will go.
Not sure I catch your drift, Dave... although I think we're talking at cross purposes.

I'm proposing that the City Shrimpers meet in London on either Friday 4th Feb or Friday 11th Feb.

I presumed your point about Scunny was "well, you'll all see each other the next day"... but perhaps it wasn't.

I'll start a poll, I think...

Matt

No Matt what I'm saying is Southend are playing away to Swansea on Friday 4th Feb and at home to Scunny on Friday 11th Feb.

Seriously? WTF?! Why have they moved both of those games?!

sad.gif

Bollox!!! I'll delete my poll and start again, then!

Hmph!

Matt

Swansea was moved at the start of the season at their request cos Wales are playing Rugby on the Saturday (against England I think?) and the Scunny game was moved when we made all our changes at the start of the season as part of the Friday Night Football stuff.

Fair enough. In answer to your previous question, then ("are you not coming to Scunny?")... the response is probably, alas, no... Friday night footy just doesn't work for me for a whole bunch of reasons.

Bugger.

sad.gif

So, starting again... I can't do a City Shrimpers on either this Friday (21st) or Friday week (28th), so the next one feasibly that I could do would be Friday 18th Feb.

Since that's a long way away, if people want to have one sooner then that's no problem (of course)... although they'll have to organise!

If Fri 18th Feb is the anointed day, then we'll revisit this a bit later!

smile.gif

Sounds good to me, as that will be the only date i can make between now and then, due to panto/skiing/meal out/footie.

So i back your motion to hold the City Shrimpers get together on the 18th Feb
cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ Jan. 18 2005,14:20)]Sounds good to me, as that will be the only date i can make between now and then, due to panto/skiing/meal out/footie.

So i back your motion to hold the City Shrimpers get together on the 18th Feb
cool.gif
yup, I'll go for that as well

Hoping to be on gardening leave by then (handing in my notice to start a new job in the next couple of days so have my fingers crossed that I'll not be asked to work my notice) but could still be persuaded to jump a train into town for a beer! So, 18th February is OK by me.

Excellent... Friday 18th February it is! I'll pin a post to this thread in a moment, but first, what about venue?

My first suggestion was going to be a pub called "The Counting House" which is on Cornhill, here...

Cornhill, EC3

It's pretty much equidistant between Liverpool Street and Fenchurch Street, as you can see from the map; although the nearest tube is in fact Bank (an easy station for most people to get to). As for the pub itself, it's a big barn of a place - should be big enough to accommodate us lot; and it's a Fullers pub, with a decent selection of bitters on tap.

Anyhow, that would be my opening suggestion. Do people have any thoughts about that... in particular, do people know of any pubs in the City which are top pubs and easy to get to?

Let me know!

Cheers,

Matt

I'll be flying to Nice that day, oh well, I'll live!
biggrin.gif

Not sure if I can definitely make 18th Feb - I may have something on the following day which will require an overnight stay.

Sounds like a good idea and good venue though - hopefully I will make it.

Up the Shrimpers!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Jan. 18 2005,15:25)]Excellent... Friday 18th February it is!  I'll pin a post to this thread in a moment, but first, what about venue?

My first suggestion was going to be a pub called "The Counting House" which is on Cornhill, here...

Cornhill, EC3

It's pretty much equidistant between Liverpool Street and Fenchurch Street, as you can see from the map; although the nearest tube is in fact Bank (an easy station for most people to get to).  As for the pub itself, it's a big barn of a place - should be big enough to accommodate us lot; and it's a Fullers pub, with a decent selection of bitters on tap.

Anyhow, that would be my opening suggestion.  Do people have any thoughts about that... in particular, do people know of any pubs in the City which are top pubs and easy to get to?

Let me know!

Cheers,

Matt
Sounds good to me Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (W4 Shrimper @ Jan. 18 2005,15:29)]Not sure if I can definitely make 18th Feb - I may have something on the following day which will require an overnight stay.
Ah well, hopefully Jenny can still come along.  She's a lot easier on the eye than you are, for starters...

tounge.gif

Either -

I'll be coming towards the end of working my notice, will have been doing basic administrative duties for a month (having had my clients taken from me in case I steal them away to my new job) and so will head on the DLR to Bank bored stiff and desperate for a beer.

or

I'd have had a nice long stint at home on gardening leave, my post count would be through the roof as I'd have nothing better to do than be on here all day. I will be heading into Fenchurch Street on C2C bored stiff and desperate for a beer.

Either way, sounds good to me!

tounge.gif

Back