• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrubs being cut back at Fossetts

The hotel operator walked away from the deal, hence why the North Stand design was changed with 40+ additional resi units.
RM needs to provide the info being requested by the Planning Case Officer, and obtain the necessary Planning Consent.
RM then has to find a Main Contractor to build the stadium. Sounds easy but won’t be with RM’s credit rating. 😂

We haven't even got the updated planning permission from the council yet.

So can't start a thing until we do.

What a depressing time.
Much of the old planning permission is the same as the new, so could in theory make a start under the existing approved planning permission. IMHO would be a risky thing to do, but not 0% chance

Much of the old planning permission is the same as the new, so could in theory make a start under the existing approved planning permission. IMHO would be a risky thing to do, but not 0% chance
Since when has Ron been afraid of a risk or 2 :ROFL:

In that case why wouldn't ron just sell the club now and walk? Why bother to pay the tax bill? It's his pot of gold at the bottom of the rainbow
I'm not an expert in the art of borrowing from Peter to pay Paul, but just a thought, it might be that RM knows he can't run away from the tax man, but he could potentially run away from a loan if the Ltd company who's name its in went bust.. who knows.

Sort of but not really related - How Old is Ron? If as we believe he is going to make Millions from the stadium being built etc. surely he needs to get a shift on or else he will be dead before it is finished! If I was him I would be busting my B*lls to get it done ASAP but he seems to be doing the opposite - really don't understand!

Sort of but not really related - How Old is Ron? If as we believe he is going to make Millions from the stadium being built etc. surely he needs to get a shift on or else he will be dead before it is finished! If I was him I would be busting my B*lls to get it done ASAP but he seems to be doing the opposite - really don't understand!
He turned 70 in January.

Great News 👍

Looking forward to being in the New stadium for kick off in Aug 24.
Not having a post spoiling my view of the match and state of the art facilities bring it on... :LoyalSupporter:
No post to block your view and no shrubs either

maybe things have progressed during the radio silence (unlikely i know) and we will wake up one day with something happening.

I can see this happening, knowing the only real changes are to the main stand, knowing that the 3 mains stands were going to be build first any way, I cannot see any major impactful reason as to why they shouldn't/couldn't start now.

I can see this happening, knowing the only real changes are to the main stand, knowing that the 3 mains stands were going to be build first any way, I cannot see any major impactful reason as to why they shouldn't/couldn't start now.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think there are changes to all stands. But things like access roads, paths, utilities provision etc could all be started. And whilst the external appearance of the stadium may have changed, it could be that foundations, some other elements are the same.

Last edited:
Before changes get approval, is it too late to incorporate a special little room for the match day ref. Where after each game he can go and hang his head in shame, maybe 3 hail marys and prey to St Pierluigi collina (God of refereeing) asking for forgiveness for costing us yet another game with some hairbrained, self invented, penalty decision.

Last edited:
Back