• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrubs being cut back at Fossetts

i was going to write a 3000 word essay about being a Southend United supporter
- called Welcome to Hell -
but the sense of despair in this thread sums it up perfectly ..

When we done the training pitches tour I’m sure captain Tom told us when the grass had grown march/ April it was full steam ahead with the building work and our fantastic state of the art football stadium all ready for the championship 😂😂😂😂

Where did he say that? He may have said building work will start on the rest of the training ground.

In that case why wouldn't ron just sell the club now and walk? Why bother to pay the tax bill? It's his pot of gold at the bottom of the rainbow
As it happens I pretty much agree with you. I think Ron has every intention of building a stadium. You're also right that if he wanted the club to fold he could have made sure of that ages ago.

My issue, however, is how long will it take him? My further issue is that he keeps reducing the size of the stadium to suit his budget, which might not be in the best interests of the club.

Where did he say that? He may have said building work will start on the rest of the training ground.
Didn’t know they had more building work to do there? He said boots and laces was coming down and all being moved over the road

I don't think there is any building work currently planned for the new training ground. They might be lucky to get a portaloo but they will have to use the 'facilities' at Roots Hall for the time being.
Might as well train over Priory Park at least its closer to Roots Hall.

No, I think @annie1954 is right, i.e. that once the pitches are ready the team can start using them, the funds will be released and they can start on the stadium build. However, that was based on us having planning permission, which we don't have now!

No, I think @annie1954 is right, i.e. that once the pitches are ready the team can start using them, the funds will be released and they can start on the stadium build. However, that was based on us having planning permission, which we don't have now!
Because once again RM moved the goalposts. Tom told me last July we would be using the training ground by March of this year.

This is one of RM'S failings, always changing the plans whenever and normally so he can make more money in the long run and the club suffers for it. We could of had the buildings built in the first place instead of all this fannying about with porta cabins, the amount of which grows daily. The rent and work it takes to get those up and running with facilities is a waste of money unless of course that is what we end up with as the permanent buildings.

We shall see.

This is one of RM'S failings, always changing the plans whenever and normally so he can make more money in the long run and the club suffers for it. We could of had the buildings built in the first place instead of all this fannying about with porta cabins, the amount of which grows daily. The rent and work it takes to get those up and running with facilities is a waste of money unless of course that is what we end up with as the permanent buildings.

We shall see.
Indeed. Between the training pitches being completed in November, and them being ready to use in spring/summer, I reckon the training facilities could have been built.

I don't think there is any building work currently planned for the new training ground. They might be lucky to get a portaloo but they will have to use the 'facilities' at Roots Hall for the time being.
Might as well train over Priory Park at least its closer to Roots Hall.
There's a link on the Fossets/Training ground thread - looks like there is a planning request for facilities at the training ground now

https://www.shrimperzone.com/forums...ay-11th-july-2022.111603/page-34#post-2593946

He can't as he hasn't got the money. Hence why things on the stadium side keep getting scaled back and more property introduced.
I thought it was just a way to increase his pot at the end of the rainbow by making more space for flats?
Besides, the footprint is the same. just a tier taken out? If planning got turned down for amendments, surely they could proceed with the existing plans as that has passed. It better for him to go ahead with that than nothing, right?
Forgive me as I'm not up on commercial planning/construction etc, but the ground work could start based on the existing plans which shouldn't be marjorly different between the plans?

Back