• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You consider her a vile woman which is frankly a horrible thing to say after what she has gone through.

What do you consider the people that did this then? Forgive me if I'm wrong but I haven't seen you, from memory, be critical towards them. You seem to have spent most of your time critizing the victims family/wife.

If she is vile for swearing in court, then what does that make them?

Then have a read back. I have only supported one of them and I still do. Yes, she was vile in court, as for 'them' they are guilty of what the court found, contempt wasn't on the list.

You consider her a vile woman which is frankly a horrible thing to say after what she has gone through.

What do you consider the people that did this then? Forgive me if I'm wrong but I haven't seen you, from memory, be critical towards them. You seem to have spent most of your time critizing the victims family/wife.

If she is vile for swearing in court, then what does that make them?

Like I said, I challenge anyone not to be "vile" if their loved one was turned into a vegetable requiring lifetime care.

These apologists seem incapable of acknowledging the victims are the actual victims here.

If you dont want people calling you ****ing this ****ing that then dont get convicted of brain damaging their loved ones.

Like I said, I challenge anyone not to be "vile" if their loved one was turned into a vegetable requiring lifetime care.

These apologists seem incapable of acknowledging the victims are the actual victims here.

If you dont want people calling you ****ing this ****ing that then dont get convicted of brain damaging their loved ones.

Try taking the finger out of your arse for 5 minutes and read back a bit. I am not an apoligist, I have only supported and fought the corner of my friend and I have never made comment about Cambridge fans causing the problems in the first place or suggested that what happened to SB was nothing short of horrific.

I have made it perfectly clear who I have issue with and why.

If you don't like it, don't read it, delete it or ban me from posting.

Try taking the finger out of your arse for 5 minutes and read back a bit. I am not an apoligist, I have only supported and fought the corner of my friend and I have never made comment about Cambridge fans causing the problems in the first place or suggested that what happened to SB was nothing short of horrific.

I have made it perfectly clear who I have issue with and why.

If you don't like it, don't read it, delete it or ban me from posting.

Yet you have constantly attacked his wife.

The family have every right to be angry and hateful for what has happened to them, I dont understand why you have to continually slaughter her for her behaviour.

It has no bearing on anything to do with whether your mate has been hard done by or not and anyone reading this forum and seeing Southend fans continuing to slate a victims family hardly shines a good light on us.

As for not reading it, you post your opinion on a public forum then you cant complain when people respond to it.

As Benfleet A1 thinks he lost his right of reply Ive re-opened the thread as it with hindsight shouldnt have closed a thread id been active in at the end...

Q.Mr Dobbin got his brains kicked in and left with very little life as many/most would deem "livable" ?
Yet there is/was a "don't talk" culture by those convicted of involvement in the event; and that includes the one who pleaded guilty to a possible participation, have I got that right?

If this level of criminality/thuggery is not reckoned deserving of truth and outright honesty about the events what crimes are?

Rape? murder? people trafficking?

Surely to god there gets a point when "tribal" loyalty is deemed superseded by common decency?

Did none of those responsible or involved, aware, witness to SD's near death beating think "this is indefensible and needs stopping and those responsible identified and face the consequences of their/my actions"?

Something has gone very wrong in the whole reporting of this 'unprovoked' case, not chatting about before the game but the bottle/window smash. I don't know where they got the figures of 'up to 25 fans' from either, that's a new one. It seems the guilty group got convicted mostly on the text message evidence but if you're in a pub which a window got smashed and everyone went outside, I wouldn't want to be automatically guilty of a person/s actions just cos I left the pub!

Q.Mr Dobbin got his brains kicked in and left with very little life as many/most would deem "livable" ?
Yet there is/was a "don't talk" culture by those convicted of involvement in the event; and that includes the one who pleaded guilty to a possible participation, have I got that right?

If this level of criminality/thuggery is not reckoned deserving of truth and outright honesty about the events what crimes are?

Rape? murder? people trafficking?

Surely to god there gets a point when "tribal" loyalty is deemed superseded by common decency?

Did none of those responsible or involved, aware, witness to SD's near death beating think "this is indefensible and needs stopping and those responsible identified and face the consequences of their/my actions"?

You're applying logic. Whatever their reasons for no real defence being given, I suspect there are some convicted who are regretting the decision not to have given evidence implicating others.

Listen, I will say again....NO-ONE deserves the treatment Simon Dobbin got and the behaviour of those who dished out the brutal nature of the attack is clearly wrong and deserving of punishment. I don't think any of us doubt that.

No your not. Turns out, thanks to South Bank Hank, you were even deceitful when you did.

This thread was re-opened for discussion on the Simon Dobbin verdict, not for swipes at other posters. Please stay on topic, there's a good chap, thanks.

I couldn't possibly say without putting the Zone at risk from the legal beagles.

I'll assume that you're referring to a potential libel action here, but the ultimate defence for libel is the truth. So what this essentially boils down to is that you're convinced enough about something or other to make some vague insinuations, but not enough to outwardly state them. If that is the case, then it's probably preferable that you just don't make a load of really vague insinuations as they help nobody, and only serve to push this victim shaming agenda that's shamefully swept this board since the verdicts.

But then, maybe that was the intention.

I'll assume that you're referring to a potential libel action here, but the ultimate defence for libel is the truth. So what this essentially boils down to is that you're convinced enough about something or other to make some vague insinuations, but not enough to outwardly state them. If that is the case, then it's probably preferable that you just don't make a load of really vague insinuations as they help nobody, and only serve to push this victim shaming agenda that's shamefully swept this board since the verdicts.

If some innocent people have been convicted then that's exactly what you and few others have tried to do. Even sneering at any of their friends who post on here.

Just because some of you are way to good to associate with the sort of people who drink in the Railway doesn't mean their point is not valid about the verdict because that's what the thread is about.

There's an interesting blog piece here on the standing and treatment of victims within the criminal justice system, written by someone who has been both a perpetrator (as a child) and bereaved victim of fatal violent crime.

I'm not posting this to take sides, I just think that it adds a fresh perspective and hopefully serves to further the discussion.

I played Saturday football with a few of the convicted last season, although never discussed this topic with them in any detail whatsoever.

However, despite the sad the injures Simon Dobbin received, it's far too easy to paint these lads as 'monsters' or 'thugs' without knowing them. In fact, the two I knew were really good guys and it's sad to see they've been caught up in this.

There's a lot of lives that have been ruined here, and hopefully some level or normality can be restored for all involved. Especially Dobbin and his family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I refer you to my post below, which was actually posted BEFORE your post above. Where is the victim shaming? I have said all along that no-one should condone what happened to Dobbin. I'm saying no more.

You're applying logic. Whatever their reasons for no real defence being given, I suspect there are some convicted who are regretting the decision not to have given evidence implicating others.

Listen, I will say again....NO-ONE deserves the treatment Simon Dobbin got and the behaviour of those who dished out the brutal nature of the attack is clearly wrong and deserving of punishment. I don't think any of us doubt that.

This whole 'victim shaming' narrative is such ********. Dobbin doesn't have to be an angel for somebody to go down for kicking him half to death. What I find so tiresome is the canonization of St Simon which just isn't necessary. If he was acting up and got a black eye and a few broken ribs, then I think that's fair, but the assault clearly went beyond that, so it doesn't really matter what he was up to during the day - somebody from the crew who came out of the Railway went too far. I wasn't there, so I don't know, but people who I know and trust were there and I believe them. There were a lot of Cambridge fans out for trouble in Southend that day, and at the very least, Dobbin fits the profile of being one of them. If he took a bit of a kicking but was able to get home and muse that maybe acting up in Southend wasn't such a great plan, then I would say that's fair enough. I don't condone what happened to him, whatever he did or didn't do.

In equal measure, some of the victim shaming on this thread seems to be an extension of this weird snowflake cuck culture that's permeated since Trump's rise in the US.

Holy ****sauce, the rise of Trump is now associated with Essex football violence according to the crazed purveyor of overpriced solar panels. Get a grip man.

Yet you have constantly attacked his wife.

The family have every right to be angry and hateful for what has happened to them, I dont understand why you have to continually slaughter her for her behaviour.

It has no bearing on anything to do with whether your mate has been hard done by or not and anyone reading this forum and seeing Southend fans continuing to slate a victims family hardly shines a good light on us.

As for not reading it, you post your opinion on a public forum then you cant complain when people respond to it.

Firstly, thank you for reopening the thread.

Ok, I am not complaining about what has been posted on here. I also couldn't give a monkeys what fans from other clubs think, there are plenty of them with skeletons in the cupboard. And I have continuely slaughtered, as you put it, her, not her family, just her.

Right, I'm done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back