• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That friendly is an absolute car crash waiting to happen. I understand it's being done as a fundraiser but it could end up costing more than it raises

MODS are getting a bit too big for there boots these days. Seem to have seen a few people saying that recently.

The fact JAM MAN is one yet he is unfairly calling me out and taking things out of context is digusting

He's entitled to his opinion.

This is a major story involving our club and is obviously one which is going to provoke strong reactions and emotions amongst many. I really hope we can all be allowed to voice our opinions without the thread being closed - and that includes the Moderators who are all posters and Southend fans like the rest of us.

I think we all get it. It just seems to miss the point. Even if it had been Dobbin who had acted like a thug earlier in the day it still wouldn't excuse what happened. You don't beat someone into a coma and ruin their lives.

The fact that over six weeks between a dozen legal teams they've been unable to offer one piece of evidence that Dobbin was involved means that the victim-blaming feels even more wrong.

I absolutely agree. Some say he was involved, some say he wasn't. Even if he was, he should never have been beaten to that condition. But I truly believe that the Southend mob wouldn't have gone looking for Cambridge fans to attack if not for the earlier Cambridge attack. It's a shame some of that lot can't take some of the blame for what they ignited, leading to the horrendous attack on Simon Dobbin.

He's entitled to his opinion.

This is a major story involving our club and is obviously one which is going to provoke strong reactions and emotions amongst many. I really hope we can all be allowed to voice our opinions without the thread being closed - and that includes the Moderators who are all posters and Southend fans like the rest of us.

So does entitle a MOD of all people to take only half of my sentence and make it look like something it isn't?

So does entitle a MOD of all people to take only half of my sentence and make it look like something it isn't?

I replied to your post and the comments you made. I genuinely have no idea why you are so outraged by that.

People can see what you posted, me replying doesnt change it.

Any way this has gone off from what I was saying, I am always constantly having to defend myself against people like JAM MAN who want to try show up other fans. That's why so many people don't post of here because of the disgusting smelling clique.

Hope the blokes condition improves, that goes without saying. That's me done.

Is this proof your talk about? Sorry but that proves nothing.

''There had been trouble between sets of opposing fans throughout the day at the Blue Boar, designated for away fans, the Railway Tavern, designated for home fans, and the Spread Eagle, but none which involved Mr Dobbin.''

That link gives a break down of what happened and when. it is the statement of events from the court, it is evidence.

The quote I posted earlier is from a second story here
http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/154...en_outside_Basildon_Crown_Court/?ref=mrb&lp=1

Is this proof your talk about? Sorry but that proofs nothing.

''There had been trouble between sets of opposing fans throughout the day at the Blue Boar, designated for away fans, the Railway Tavern, designated for home fans, and the Spread Eagle, but none which involved Mr Dobbin.''

A timeline got put together based on CCTV at the Blue Boar, at the train station and the Railway which had Dobbins location tracked until around 2.40pm. I asked in the original thread before it was deleted where that time fit with the trouble at the Spread that day.

But regardless matty - they've had 12 different legal teams working on a defence and not one of them have been able to present one single piece of evidence that Dobbin did one thing wrong that day.

He was not the one on trial.

It was the early days of the trial so I'd need to go back and check the reporting but the timeline presented to the court and backed up by the CCTV in the Railway was that the window of the pub was smashed a minute or two after the attack in retaliation.

If I've got that wrong then someone say but I'm certain that is what the court heard.

I believe that's correct from following the updates on the Cambridge news site but eyewitnesses said that the group of Cambridge fans who left the Blue Boar for the station attacked the Railway first by picking up and throwing the sign that's usually outside the pub at the door and goaded those inside to come out and fight.

I believe that's correct from following the updates on the Cambridge news site but eyewitnesses said that the group of Cambridge fans who left the Blue Boar for the station attacked the Railway first by picking up and throwing the sign that's usually outside the pub at the door and goaded those inside to come out and fight.

From the break down in the echo:

The other damage happened well before the ambush. In any case, no incident took place involving Mr Dobbin other than the 90 second assault which left him fighting for his life.

See this is the thing, people are tying up different events and tying them together, and that suggests he wasnt in that group.

Jam man deleting comments he don't like from rigsby haha
For legal reasons, would have deleted by me or any other mods had we seen it first.

Nothing to do with ongoing conversations or comments as I'm sure Rigsby will be happy to confirm if needed.

Most of these scumbags had football bani ng orders against so it does beg the question why they were allowed to stay in the area.

I won't go to this game and feel it should be cancelled l consider sending my admission fee to the Simon Dobbin fund

Any way this has gone off from what I was saying, I am always constantly having to defend myself against people like JAM MAN who want to try show up other fans. That's why so many people don't post of here because of the disgusting smelling clique.

Hope the blokes condition improves, that goes without saying. That's me done.

Disgusting smelling clique is the name of my new punk band.

Most of these scumbags had football bani ng orders against so it does beg the question why they were allowed to stay in the area.

I won't go to this game and feel it should be cancelled l consider sending my admission fee to the Simon Dobbin fund

I wouldn't go to the game either but I hope that a lot of Cambridge fans do and raise money for SD's family.

I don't understand why they've been remanded when they were on bail throughout what's gone before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back