• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sitting By The Dugout, Reflections On Last Night

I sit in Family Stand Block Q and the sound coming from you guys is very muffled & it's impossible to join in with any of your chant's because as you point out there are some people in the middle sections that just do not & will probably never join in with the singing.

Very rarely a chant will actually spread along the the whole of the West Stand but only once or twice a game.

The chaps up the back of the Family Enclosure do a good job of trying to get the rest going but again it's mainly silence.

Also the South Upper boys nearest the West Stand try very hard but they sing to fast and the choice of some of their songs seems to stop people joining in!!!

This is exactly my point.

So it appears most if not all of the entire West Stand can hear us, but a majority, especially in the central sections, choose to not get involved in the chanting, which as I've already said, they are more than entitled to that stance (although, for the life of me I cannot understand the enjoyment of sitting in silence at a football match)

We seem to have both end sections of the West singing, but the central sections are quiet, which means we cannot co-ordinate the chants in unison.

This highlights the need to congregate all the "singers" in one section. From there we can produce a noise that the entire ground can hear and hopefully join in with. If we have the North Bank, the noise will be awesome and we will certainly be able to get a bit of banter going with the South Standers and co-ordinate the chanting properly.

Last edited:
This highlights the need to congregate all the "singers" in one section
and there lies the problem cos current season ticket holders will probably want to renew in the same seats next year.

The only answer is to sell a singing section when the new ground opens, or before that time, sell tickets in a part of the ground that isnt sold already - i.e North Bank but then you have the problems of aways and all that stuff

i was also a bit baffled of on a few occassions how loud chelmsford sounded even though they were in the west. for me people alwasy use the acoustics as an excuse more than anything when tbh i don't buy in for a second. only a small section of the west which are tbv actually sing. i have moved my seaso a few times this season to sit with them and it makes the game so much better. but it can be seen only a few sections actually sing all the rest are more than happy to sit in silence which i personally find very boring.

i agree that the roofing etc etc doesn't help the cause of sounding as loud as possible but that can only be used so much, if people don't sing no noise can be heard. people need to help out tbv. i always find it very harsh when coming back from a game and seeing a thread 'where were the tbv'. the tbv should be around the whole ground. just because your not sitting in the west block x etc doesn't mean you can't sing, but twhy he need to start a thread about it is even beyond me!

i was also a bit baffled of on a few occassions how loud chelmsford sounded even though they were in the west. for me people alwasy use the acoustics as an excuse more than anything when tbh i don't buy in for a second. only a small section of the west which are tbv actually sing. i have moved my seaso a few times this season to sit with them and it makes the game so much better. but it can be seen only a few sections actually sing all the rest are more than happy to sit in silence which i personally find very boring.

i agree that the roofing etc etc doesn't help the cause of sounding as loud as possible but that can only be used so much, if people don't sing no noise can be heard. people need to help out tbv. i always find it very harsh when coming back from a game and seeing a thread 'where were the tbv'. the tbv should be around the whole ground. just because your not sitting in the west block x etc doesn't mean you can't sing, but twhy he need to start a thread about it is even beyond me!

Got to own up, I am one of the guilty ones in block T, very fickle with my singing, comes and goes,when the mood tskes me, sometimes I just want to watch, bit self conscious with the pensioners next to me,but think decent away followings help.

Got to own up, I am one of the guilty ones in block T, very fickle with my singing, comes and goes,when the mood tskes me, sometimes I just want to watch, bit self conscious with the pensioners next to me,but think decent away followings help.

That's fine sir, you are entitled to do as you please.

At least you make the effort occasionally, it's the "supporters" who make no effort at all to get involved in "supportive" vocal chanting/singing, who appear to be making our job that much harder than it really should be..

Ho Hum, we shall plough on with it though and we WILL make a difference to the atmosphere at RH.

But, it's time to see more of you supporting TBV and it's initiative please.

We are in the Play-Offs for crying out loud, get behind the team and help them secure it.

I normally sit in South Lower where there's normally quite a bit of leg-room, although I'm not generaly fussed about room so long as the match is good and theres more going on such as chants etc to occupy my mind!
Where I sit in the south lower, theres only a few people who sing (and not very loudly - at that!) so being with quite a few singers yesterday made it really quite exciting!

Although I tend not to sing at home matches, its mainly due to the fact no one else around me sings either so I don't want to make a complete pr*ck outta myself, but last night I just didn't care! :) If more people sang at home games, I would try and get more involved myself!

Why is it, most of the time Youth/Reserve matches tend to be more exciting than the first team matches?

This is the problem Jay, all those that are 'singers' or indeed want to be, are scattered about all round the stadium. Which means unless you are with a sizeable group, people are too worried about 'looking stupid' to express themselves vocally. This is why we all need to congregate in one section, starting next season hopefully...

This is the problem Jay, all those that are 'singers' or indeed want to be, are scattered about all round the stadium. Which means unless you are with a sizeable group, people are too worried about 'looking stupid' to express themselves vocally. This is why we all need to congregate in one section, starting next season hopefully...
i think you are right,i dont sing much at the hall but at away games i do join in more maybe because we are all together and surrounded

Back