• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

lawrenceaustin

Schoolboy
according to the FA website we made £27,000 from qualifying add that to gate receipts (3000 x £5approx divide by 2 = £7,500) £34,000 plus bits of food - maybe a £1000? totals £35,000 - its not a lot is it? then they have to pay the players out of this, i can see why we are struggling financially

If we beat brentford in the next round (thats if bradford don't get re-instated) i think the prize money pretty much doubles and if we can draw a 'biggie' club then thats when it will really make the difference

anyone know how much the JPT is worth? i.e. is their a prize fund per round or anything?

according to the FA website we made £27,000 from qualifying add that to gate receipts (3000 x £5approx divide by 2 = £7,500) £34,000 plus bits of food - maybe a £1000? totals £35,000 - its not a lot is it? then they have to pay the players out of this, i can see why we are struggling financially

If we beat brentford in the next round (thats if bradford don't get re-instated) i think the prize money pretty much doubles and if we can draw a 'biggie' club then thats when it will really make the difference

anyone know how much the JPT is worth? i.e. is their a prize fund per round or anything?

Sure I read that the JPT had NO prize money at all, nor gate recipts for the final (though go to a pot shared between all clubs).

Is that right?

Sure I read that the JPT had NO prize money at all, nor gate recipts for the final (though go to a pot shared between all clubs).

Is that right?
Didnt think there would be much in it for the clubs in the early round of JPT, but if you make the final, surly there has to somthing for the club involved

Winners get their houses painted.
Runners up their garden sheds.

I would suggest that on Gate Receipts, and food outlets the club made in the region of 10K add that the the proze money we are due and yes its 37K.. This is about half a months wage bill for players.

With the JPT - There is not a lot of information on prize money, there is an old article on the Football League website from 2008 that says that the winner gets 100K and that first round winners all receive 4K.. All clubs recive a share of the Gate Receipts too, for example the artilce states that the one year MK Dons and Grimsby both earned 350K in gate receipts alone.

So there is plenty of money to be made from the JPT! - All cash help at the moment however!

Is that right?

The JPT prize fund is:
£5,000 (first round),
£7,000 (second round),
£10,000 (area quarter-final),
£17,000 (area semi-final),
£25,500 (area final),
£40,000 (winners).

Interesting point in there, as Carlisle stated they got over £500,000 from the competition via gate receipts, prize money and merchandising.

Via:
http://thewashbag.com/2011/11/08/is-the-johnstone's-paint-trophy-worth-the-hassle/

I would suggest that on Gate Receipts, and food outlets the club made in the region of 10K add that the the proze money we are due and yes its 37K.. This is about half a months wage bill for players.

With the JPT - There is not a lot of information on prize money, there is an old article on the Football League website from 2008 that says that the winner gets 100K and that first round winners all receive 4K.. All clubs recive a share of the Gate Receipts too, for example the artilce states that the one year MK Dons and Grimsby both earned 350K in gate receipts alone.

So there is plenty of money to be made from the JPT! - All cash help at the moment however!

It's probably less than that once corporation tax, police, security bill etc are taken into account.

Steve Kavanagh I think said recently that average spend per person on catering was 98p. That's £3k from last night out of which you'd need to pay for the food, cardboard plates/plastic forks/cups etc, the catering staff. Every little helps (or is that Asda) but it's not exactly lucrative.

What it will help with (assuming anyone actually gives us credit) is cashflow.

It's probably less than that once corporation tax, police, security bill etc are taken into account.

Remind me how much corporation tax a heavily loss making company has to pay.

On that basis I shouldn't think any of Ron's companies have ever been acquainted with the concept.

To confirm - the FA cup matchday revenue is split after matchday associated costs are taken into account (this is likely to make a reasonable difference in terms of what Bury are due).

Remind me how much corporation tax a heavily loss making company has to pay.

On that basis I shouldn't think any of Ron's companies have ever been acquainted with the concept.

Good point, so replace it with VAT. The other costs are genuine:

Stewards
Security
Police
Electricity - unless you're Aldershot of course!
VAT on ticket sales
etc.

I reckon we made around £15-20k, but that's £15-20k we wouldn't have had otherwise, and we're still in the competition and have the potential to earn a lot more.

Good point, so replace it with VAT. The other costs are genuine:

Stewards
Security
Police
Electricity - unless you're Aldershot of course!
VAT on ticket sales
etc.

I reckon we made around £15-20k, but that's £15-20k we wouldn't have had otherwise, and we're still in the competition and have the potential to earn a lot more.

The important bit at the moment is how much actual money we took rather than how much profit we made.
Any expense (ie Vat , Bury, wages, Food stock) will be addressed later and most probably out of another days income

I would guess that yesterday we only took about 5k , being Food and a few hundred tickets.
The bulk of the income would have occured last week, cash ticket sales would be already banked and probably passed on to some players already, I don't know how long it takes a card payment to actually turn into cash at bank, but I doubt we have got that all yet.

Its serious hand to mouth stuff at the moment and its day to day too...

The important bit at the moment is how much actual money we took rather than how much profit we made.
Any expense (ie Vat , Bury, wages, Food stock) will be addressed later and most probably out of another days income

I would guess that yesterday we only took about 5k , being Food and a few hundred tickets.
The bulk of the income would have occured last week, cash ticket sales would be already banked and probably passed on to some players already, I don't know how long it takes a card payment to actually turn into cash at bank, but I doubt we have got that all yet.

Its serious hand to mouth stuff at the moment and its day to day too...

Indeed. However all the expenses I mentioned come out of the gate receipts before we pay both the FA their 10% and bury their 45%.

My accountancy knowledge is very out of date, but basically you need to look at revenue minus variable costs. Anything over that is a contribution towards your fixed costs. That's really the way to look at it, but I'm sure an accountant would be able to explain that in more detail than I can.

Indeed. However all the expenses I mentioned come out of the gate receipts before we pay both the FA their 10% and bury their 45%.

My accountancy knowledge is very out of date, but basically you need to look at revenue minus variable costs. Anything over that is a contribution towards your fixed costs. That's really the way to look at it, but I'm sure an accountant would be able to explain that in more detail than I can.

Thats all nett income calculations though, which is all well and good if you are profitable

What I was trying to say was that cash flow is the problem at the moment and that last night gross income will be used up long before the costs from last night are paid out.

Call me stupid but I have a question.

Is the £27,000 we won for winning in the second round on top of what we won for the first round victory or is it combined with the first round?

The £27,000 prize money is what the club have won so far (£18,000 for winning their first round tie plus an extra £9,000 for winning last night). Should they win the next round, their prize money will increase to £67,500.

This was discussed on another thread. We get £27k for winning last night, ON TOP of the £18k for winning in round one.

the attached site http://www.facupfootball.co.uk/fa-cup-schedule.html

says that "Over all the rounds just under £15 million will be paid out by the Football Association" which indicates that the 40 winners of the 1st round receive 18000 then the 20 winners of the 2nd Round receive a further 27000.

The overall winner will receive a total of 3,397,500 or 3,442,500 if they are a league 1 or two club

Back