• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Reid and Smith being the only likely as they are out of favour. Up until 11pm on Friday night is going to be a worrying time though as we have to hang onto our best players.

From an "agent" twitter account. Only posting it because of the 2nd tweet. Also mentioned that he/she was watching the Southend game at the weekend.

Jim. ‏@AgentJim_ 12 hrs According to him, Colchester United boss Joe Dunne has approached Southend United with an enquiry into midfielder Ryan Leonard. #CUFC #SUFC

Jim. ‏@AgentJim_ 12 hrs
@robcherry808 Maybe. But on a serious note I don't think leaving Southend to join Colchester is a wise move. SUFC much bigger club IMO.
I would be very surprised if this happened.Firstly cant see Lenny wanting a move there why he is flying with us or seeing it as much of a career step up if at all.Secondly Colchester have slashed their budget and i cant see Cowling sanctioning a move like this that would involve a fair sized fee.John White rejected a contract with them to join us even though we are a league below them.We are defiantly a bigger club than them.Give Joe Dunne credit he is doing a decent job up there keeping them mid table in div 1

Not sure getting rid of Smith would be completely wise since he is our cover, and decent cover at that.

Not sure getting rid of Smith would be completely wise since he is our cover, and decent cover at that.

This, Smith won't be going until the end of the season, the only way he'll go before the end of the season will be if we sign another experienced keeper.

Who can be replaced by a loanee in the unlikely event of an injury to Bentley.

Certainly better to have cover though which is why Reid is favourite to go.

Reid you'd have to assume. I can only imagine the injury crisis which would be needed to happen for him to get a game right now. I'm sure we'd let Smith go if someone is willing to pick up his contract.

IF we're still under an embargo then it might be in everyone's interest to talk Eastwood into retirement. Personally I'd hope that that isn't under consideration.

lots of clubs can make an approach , its doesn't mean anything will happen .
Maybe get worried if its a leage 1 club with money going somewhere, or even a championship club --- but COl U ----pls :dim:

My opinion is that Agent Jim, is not an ex agent. I followed him for a bit, and his tweets are reasonably accurate. They always seems to follow though after @oddschanger had tweeted the odds of a possible transfer. At the moment Oddschanger have cut odds on Tom Ince to Swansea, Leigh Griffiths to Celtic, Leon Best to Palace and Danny Graham back to boro. All he does then is repeat the info as though he has some inside knowledge. May be wrong though

Should imagine it'll be either Reid or maybe a loan for Jack Payne. Can't see it being anyone else.

EDIT - Leaving on Friday eh? I should think there must be a good chance of it being Reid to Newport then. They've been linked and seeing as we play them Friday he wouldn't be able to play in that one anyway, if it is then presumably he'll jump back on the coach with them after the game! We'll see.....

Who can be replaced by a loanee in the unlikely event of an injury to Bentley.

Certainly better to have cover though which is why Reid is favourite to go.
What about if we accept a late bid for Bentley? We can't just get emergency loan keepers for the rest of the season.

I know who's leaving Friday

Cool_story_bro_tell_it_again.jpg

Back