• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Solihull Moors v Southend United, Saturday 13th August, 15:00ko, NL

Starting XI and result

• Steve Arnold

Votes: 82 82.8%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 79 79.8%
  • Ollie Kensdale

Votes: 80 80.8%
  • Louis Lomas

Votes: 46 46.5%
  • Nathan Ralph

Votes: 81 81.8%
  • Harry Taylor

Votes: 67 67.7%
  • Tom Clifford

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • Cav Miley

Votes: 78 78.8%
  • Noor Husin

Votes: 52 52.5%
  • Wes Fonguck

Votes: 41 41.4%
  • Jack Wood

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Jack Bridge

Votes: 21 21.2%
  • Callum Powell

Votes: 77 77.8%
  • Dan Mooney

Votes: 77 77.8%
  • Chris Wreh

Votes: 72 72.7%
  • Jake Hyde

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Jaden Crowhurst

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Gus Scott-Morriss

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Collin Andeng-Ndi

• Henry Sandat

• ….

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ….

• ….

• Win

Votes: 10 10.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 20 20.2%
  • Lose

Votes: 48 48.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wreh can't be up top on his own so i think we have to play Powell along side him. My growing worry is Mooney and bridge seem to keep wide in a front three, even though we have wing backs, meaning Wreh has zero support within a cab ride away...

So if that means two up front then we need 352 but with wing backs who push on. Given Taylor is also doubtful I would go now with

Arnold
Hobson Kensdale Ralph
Mooney Husin Miley Fonguk Bridge
Powell Wreh

I think the confusion may have arisen as we were issued Blocks J, K , L and M....
However it would appear that that J and K have now been reallocated as Home and we get N (seating) instead ......I think

I think the confusion may have arisen as we were issued Blocks J, K , L and M....
However it would appear that that J and K have now been reallocated as Home and we get N (seating) instead ......I think
Unfortunately no seats are available to away fans. I believe that whole side (Gas Centre Stand/Gazebo) is having some work done as per message on the website - Please note that the club are operating under a limited capacity for this fixture due to the re-development of the Gas Centre Stand. As a result, the Gas Centre Stand will be closed for this game.

We still have half the terrace behind the goal (Forest Stand) Blocks I-M allocated to us. Despite it saying "Home Covered Standing" on their ticketing site.

I may of got a bit ahead of myself.
I did see a 400 figure somewhere. It may have been on another site, it may have just been my age 😂

didnt we take 500plus last year. it was possibly one of the most depressing days ever watching southend. however, our squad was ****e that day and we were on an awful run, so surely 2nd game of the season, news squad, first away day etc we should be selling out our allocation of 500

didnt we take 500plus last year. it was possibly one of the most depressing days ever watching southend. however, our squad was ****e that day and we were on an awful run, so surely 2nd game of the season, news squad, first away day etc we should be selling out our allocation of 500
Yep, i think 500 will be going at least - I think the Solihull Moors website is behind in terms of updating, showing only 1 section being sold out - that is what is causing confusion around how many sold etc...

Unfortunately no seats are available to away fans. I believe that whole side (Gas Centre Stand/Gazebo) is having some work done as per message on the website - Please note that the club are operating under a limited capacity for this fixture due to the re-development of the Gas Centre Stand. As a result, the Gas Centre Stand will be closed for this game.

We still have half the terrace behind the goal (Forest Stand) Blocks I-M allocated to us. Despite it saying "Home Covered Standing" on their ticketing site.

Please tell me this has a roof as it will be roasting

Reckon we’d lose 8-3 with that team out. We’d be so open at the back
Well.. we have three at the back, three in CM, and both Mooney and Bridge are used to planing RM and LM. The alternative it to put a RB and a LB in (well it would have to be Crowhurst as there is no-one else and Clifford). With us that normally becomes a 532 and the first half of the score we can normally predict as southend 0...but it is the other option.
Personally I would rather go there and take the game to them- I can't see them not scoring which means we will have to..

Well.. we have three at the back, three in CM, and both Mooney and Bridge are used to planing RM and LM. The alternative it to put a RB and a LB in (well it would have to be Crowhurst as there is no-one else and Clifford). With us that normally becomes a 532 and the first half of the score we can normally predict as southend 0...but it is the other option.
Personally I would rather go there and take the game to them- I can't see them not scoring which means we will have to..
I think that formation against Solihull would see attacking players getting pinned back rather than get forward.

I think that formation against Solihull would see attacking players getting pinned back rather than get forward.
Then

Arnold
Hobson Kensdale Ralph
Crowhurst Husin Miley Fonguk Clifford
Powell Wreh

Tough on Bridge and Mooney but if we only play one up top, and that one is Wreh, we will score 0 and Solihull won't..

Yep, i think 500 will be going at least
I have a hunch our away followings will be down this year (unless a promotion push develops). There will be a fair few who visited the NFL grounds last season simply to add them to their collection, and others who will swerve the ones in the middle of nowhere or with cramped conditions/poor views etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back