• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sometimes Some England "Fans" Really do Drag Our Name Through the Dirt

Personally i hope noone boos the Italian National anthem on Sunday. Its got to be one of the best National Anthems out there. A lot superior to our National Anthem. As much as I love ours it does need speeding up a bit.

I used to love it when the Ferraris won in F1 as the Italian national anthem would play for the constructors. Its a very uplifting anthem

For me it goes on too long. The French and Nepalese are two of my favourites.

Using a laser to put near a opposition goalkeepers eyes and booing their national anthem. Yeah high spirits!

It’s great that we are in the final and could potentially win it but the some of the behaviour has been embarrassing.
The only thing that would be embarrassing would be not being English at a time like this. The French, Scots and Jormans must be seething, and it's ****ing glorious.

Hate the German one,i still know Germans who admit to singing the "old,barred"one.
When i was in Australia (1985),i knew this nice lad,goalkeeper..a good bloke who lived where we lived.
He as i wrote was the keeper for Rosebud( a team that was on the pools coupon in the oldAussie/ Brit summer days).
He went to Spain 82,with his father and was proud to have sung all the "old-barred" German anthem because nobody in Spain knew what they were singing

Reactions: GBJ
Hate the German one,i still know Germans who admit to singing the "old,barred"one.
When i was in Australia (1985),i knew this nice lad,goalkeeper..a good bloke who lived where we lived.
He as i wrote was the keeper for Rosebud( a team that was on the pools coupon in the oldAussie/ Brit summer days).
He went to Spain 82,with his father and was proud to have sung all the "old-barred" German anthem because nobody in Spain knew what they were singing
You can say what you like ozzie, and with all the historical connotations set aside, but if I were a Jorman (perish the thought) then 'Deutschland Uber Alles' would certainly set the pulse racing.

Yeh..understand what you mean PB...if you are German maybe..feeling superior to everybody else.
It might also get your pulse racing in a different way if you heard it living in Poland/France etc.
TBH,im not a great fan of God save the Queen either,nothing wrong with it.Im not a fan of nat anthems anyway,but if i had to pick one,might be the Welsh one

It’ll only get worse if we beat the Italians on Sunday.

Doesn't sound like fans who had been to the game. Plenty of idiots drinking in England shirts in all towns in England.

Which reminds me of the time I'd gone to an England game (can't remember which one but when I was working/living in Harrow so circa 1977/8.I'd come back by public transport and wasn't wearing colours.Anyway a group of "England fans",all wearing colours,went past me in their car all giving it large.They were incredibly apologetic when they were had to pull up at a red traffic light just a few yeards away.Idiots!

Seem to remember another England game (in the Ron Greenwood era) which I went to with my younger brother ,not Rob Noxious ,but the other one, who used to be a venture capitalist, until he retired recently.Don't think he was too impressed pre-match when a group of lads walking along Wembley Way just in front of us,all got their tools out and had a leak as they were walking along ,without breaking their stride!

Last edited:
We're just not liked by any of the EU press as well as own press. Any incident will be highlighted.

I'm not saying any of it is acceptable, it just gets highlighted more because it's England.

Back