• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sometimes Some England "Fans" Really do Drag Our Name Through the Dirt

Agree Ricey and twitter are pathetic at sorting it out. They should be taken to Court in my view. However the other news is 99% of fans did not get their knob out, storm Wembley or break bottles and windows in Leicester Square. However dog bites man never gets in the papers for some unknown reason.

They really are! Yet they were quick to ban me for my comment about a celeb killing an animal.

Can we please never hear “it’s coming home” again? We build ourselves up to unrealistic levels every tournament, it’s no wonder the players bottle it. I’d love to see us enjoy a tournament like the other home nations do. Not go in with the expectation we’re going to win. Atmosphere was superb outside Wembley yesterday but you just knew it’d all quickly turn sour if we lost.

It was done to death and look at what the Italians said straight away ‘It’s Coming Rome’. I think we need to drop it! Let’s just revert back to the John Barnes rap, that’s much better :Smile:

Agree Ricey and twitter are pathetic at sorting it out. They should be taken to Court in my view. However the other news is 99% of fans did not get their knob out, storm Wembley or break bottles and windows in Leicester Square. However dog bites man never gets in the papers for some unknown reason.

And the "1%" will be why England will never host World Cup 2030 or any other football tournament.

It was done to death and look at what the Italians said straight away ‘It’s Coming Rome’. I think we need to drop it! Let’s just revert back to the John Barnes rap, that’s much better :Smile:
Haha yes! Please. World in Motion - by far the best England song ever written.

Euro 96 ended the "We cant be trusted to have a tournament" nonsense.

Been far worse in Russia, Italy, France, Spain etc.

I'm surprised Shrimpers are buying the MSM nonsense and blaming England fans. We didn't get a WC because with FIFA its not just money but bent money that counts.

According to reports here in Germany,if true,that the chances of England getting the W/C or Euros has gone down quite a bit,but as you wrote money talks.
On German news says 19 police officers were also injured last night...wont be coming home for a while!!

According to reports here in Germany,if true,that the chances of England getting the W/C or Euros has gone down quite a bit,but as you wrote money talks.
On German news says 19 police officers were also injured last night...wont be coming home for a while!!

The Germans should know, didn't Beckenbauer bribe FIFA the last time Germany hosted?

It seems in England two things happen when things don't go our way football related or not, people are racist and then start smashing our own towns up whilst attacking police at the same time. How does this make sense to anyone. Could even add in there England fans fighting England fans as well. I just don't understand it and every time it just ruins everything and makes you talk about the bad things rather than the good of the last month. No matter what is done to try and stop it by whoever it may be, I don't think some will ever learn or want to change. They will be happy cheering on black players when doing well but will racially abuse them when something doesn't go they're way. I'll never understand that.

Sure, I wasn't particularly pleased that Rashford felt it appropriate to do one of the most pathetic run up's to a pen during a euro final but you see loads of players do it, it's nothing new but not one part of me thought, he's missed, lets racially abuse him for it.

Personally I've never thought these run up's should be allowed because, in my opinion, it's not fair on the keeper. I don't like them whether they go in or not.

This was England biggest game for 50 plus years and yet we have fans who end up being racist and who cause trouble before the game.... we should be united and singing as 1 but we end up having fans fighting each other and breaking into Wembley without tickets. Makes me embarrassed to be England fan!

I find it funny when we hammer other countries fans for their behaviour but we still can't get our own house in order. Last few years England reputation gone backwards.

I was there yesterday. Putting the result to one side, it was an incredible experience & one that I’ll never forget.

Sadly though, we demonstrated why - I’ve said it before & no doubt I’ll say it again - we are the best and worst set of football fans in the world.

With all the regular bars and pubs in the area being bookings only, Wembley Way was the obvious place to be. The noise levels pre-match were deafening at times & the atmosphere was electric. It was utter carnage, and the pictures and videos don’t do it justice, on just how mad it was.

Unfortunately, it wasn’t all smiles and sing songs though. When did it become a thing to launch half-full bottles and cans indiscriminately into the crowd? A crowd that had women and children in it?

What happened to the pop-up bars along Wembley Way that sold booze in plastic glasses? The lack of these outlets meant everyone was stocking up on cans and bottles in Co-op, Sainsbury’s, Tesco etc. which was always going to be a recipe for disaster.

I saw one young lad being tended to at the bottom of the steps that lead up to Wembley, his head & face covered in blood. I’d assume it was a flying can or bottle that got him.

Also, I love a bit of pyro as much as the next person, but chucking lit smoke bombs into the crowd was another dumb thing to do IMO, yet to many it seemed a great laugh.

A lot will be made about the amount of empties and broken glass which were on the floor. Yes it was quite unbelievable, but in fairness trying to find a bin was impossible.

The only harder thing to find was a toilet. There was a row of around 10-15 portaloos next to Wembley Arena, but they were mainly being used to rack up. Normally I wouldn’t care, but when you’ve got hundreds of people queuing, and you’re taking 5-10 minutes powdering your nose, it does get tedious.

It’s no wonder so many male fans chose to relieve themselves, well, anywhere and everywhere they could.

I can only come to the conclusion that Brent Council were completely unaware of an International Football tournament taking place mere metres away from their offices, because the risk assessment & planning for this event would have been better orchestrated by a drunken toddler.

I saw a couple of fans get caught for trying to jib in, and they were swiftly ejected. I didn’t see the rush of fans getting through the disabled gate, but the videos speak for themselves. Again, a simple oversight in risk assessment and planning procedures, maybe?

Still, it’s no excuse to act like an animal, and that’s exactly what some of our fans did. We were brilliant at times & downright embarrassing at others.

I'm not quite sure why people are getting there knickers in a twist over the whole England fan thing. We're targeted when it comes to the media around the world and have been for many years.

Every Country has it's dick head football fans, we're no different.

Taken to court for what? Having an opinion? I know freedom of speech is non-existent these days but we shouldn't be encouraging more crackdowns. I'm surprised that there weren't full scale riots last night - over a year of lockdowns and financial misery for most people and there's a glimmer of hope that is then pulled away at the last minute. It's almost like the dreadful racist England fans that so many ninnies get their knickers in a twist about aren't actually that bad, especially when you compare them to how other groups react when they perceive things aren't going their way.

Taken to court for what? Having an opinion? I know freedom of speech is non-existent these days but we shouldn't be encouraging more crackdowns. I'm surprised that there weren't full scale riots last night - over a year of lockdowns and financial misery for most people and there's a glimmer of hope that is then pulled away at the last minute. It's almost like the dreadful racist England fans that so many ninnies get their knickers in a twist about aren't actually that bad, especially when you compare them to how other groups react when they perceive things aren't going their way.
Thankfully full scale riots are not normal in the UK and enough people in this country are tired of indiscriminant racial abuse of footballers. Racism has no place in sport as you well know.

2 things that stood out for me , was lockdown forced people to panic and get to pubs even earlier then they would if they could just rock up to a pub and grab a pint , as GBJ said if there's nowhere selling booze on Wembley way then people will revert to buying from supermakets .
because of terrorism threats there are a lack of bins anyway close to big venues and having time to reflect folk were going to just discard their empties .

I went to the Roots hall venue last night and the atmosphere and mood changed so quickly with that amount of people crammed into one area, one minute singing and dancing and then it only takes one person to spill someones drink , stand in someones way or in one case nick a beer off a groups table and it can become very ugly very quickly .

Racism ......where do we start , shameful and cant continue

The people drinking on Wembley Way have no interest in buying over priced pints, they pitched up with there supermarket cans to get smashed in the cheap!

Back