• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 0-2 Wycombe Wanderers

That's a shame though I've been accused of worse than rambling! A mate of mine said he heard it loud and clear in the West Bank.

I guess it depended where you were, we could see you in the middle better than we could hear. I didn't mean any disrespect, by the way.

A totally inept performance again ...i have posted a few times that kightly is treading water .a total ####in waste of time and sadly not alone .35 years of following a club that is in my heart ...i live in Brighton now and travel up to watch this **** ..i will always go wherever we end up but why do I!!!!

It’s fairly simple really we are just not good enough.

See, I don’t actually buy this. That’s what makes the whole situation even worse. We’ve got decent players and on paper, a fairly mid table type side. But therein is the problem, the game isn’t played on paper and players actually need to apply themselves, which they aren’t doing and haven’t done for months. That’s the sickening part of all of this.

See, I don’t actually buy this. That’s what makes the whole situation even worse. We’ve got decent players and on paper, a fairly mid table type side. But therein is the problem, the game isn’t played on paper and players actually need to apply themselves, which they aren’t doing and haven’t done for months. That’s the sickening part of all of this.
Don't buy that either. It is a common trait for all fans of all clubs to say they have got decent players. The fact is 4 clubs out of 24 go down in each season. So it is all relative. You might think we have decent players. It just so happens they are not as decent as 20 other teams in our division.

So forget the Sunderland Game for the moment ......we have to get at least 2 wins from the next 3 games and hope other teams drop points as well.......we play away at Wallsal on Friday and Wycombe play Rochdale so there is a chance we can get out of this but its looking pretty slim

can we beat Burton on Monday....depends which team wants to turn up, Burton can be hot and cold as well, but we are just freezing cold at home so not expecting too much

Rochdale away........anything could happen on this one ........but sdly it might already be over by then

Sunderland at home.......I don't even want to go there to be honest,if they need to beat us to get an automatic place, could be a record home defeat

now I need to look at google maps for Grimsby and Forrest Green Rovers

Thank you, that's nice to hear. Just for the record I was asked by Havens to mention the Barclays match at Roots Hall on May 16th which like Chris's match on the 20th is also in aid of Havens. Both will be great nights I'm sure.
Heard every word loud and clear
Found it moving and inspiring at the same time
Well done sir

Can I go go to work tomorrow and put the same amount of effort in as Kightly and on crap wages, no thought not!

Interesting conversation who someone plays and said Bond was on his back on the coach from Fleetwood, asked why in the 42 nd minute he didn't track back after losing the ball and left the defender with two players to mark, awkward silence then Bond said we can work on it , if not you wont be here next season
Seems Bond has the players respect especially the youngsters after they had lost faith in CP approach, also Harry is only here to help an old friend out

can we beat Burton on Monday....depends which team wants to turn up, Burton can be hot and cold as well, but we are just freezing cold at home so not expecting too much

Since Burton lost away at Luton the last Saturday before Christmas their away record has been won 4 drawn 5 lost 1 (at Charlton). They also beat Barnsley recently and drew at Sunderland. I expect them to take us to the cleaners.

As I said I'm not expecting too much....maybe it will be a draw at the best

When we went up we all went to the last match of the season at Morcambe knowing a win would send us up. We all came away disappointed, not knowing that in a few weeks we would have what for many/most was their best ever southend memory.

Fast forward and we are xxxxng it up again but in different circumstances. But this time maybe it will still be possible going into the last game. And maybe a goal near the end will keep us up - giving us another unbelievable memory.

Let’s not give up whilst we still have a chance.

When we went up we all went to the last match of the season at Morcambe knowing a win would send us up. We all came away disappointed, not knowing that in a few weeks we would have what for many/most was their best ever southend memory.

Fast forward and we are xxxxng it up again but in different circumstances. But this time maybe it will still be possible going into the last game. And maybe a goal near the end will keep us up - giving us another unbelievable memory.

Let’s not give up whilst we still have a chance.

We are playing Sunderland at home in the last game you know. :Cry:

I will clutch at that straw that says Sunderland will be confirmed in the play-offs by the last game and cannot get automatics; and, as such, will play a weakened team - thus we will keep the defeat down to single figures

It might well be a single figure defeat but it's still highly likely to be a defeat.If we are going to stay up (which I now doubt) we'll need points from elsewhere.

Jamie Douglas leaves/gets sacked and the fitness of the team drops. Shame he seemed to have the players in great shape.

This departure was one under the radar. When did he leave?

Did he then take the club to court?

Well that’s that then.

I was in the toilets before the game, and saw the posters for the Burton & Sunderland games on the wall,

Is that the ones for the start of the 2017 season that are still up in the South Stand toilets on the East side?

Dru just has to start the next game. How can Dieng be selected ahead of him ? Dru likes to make forward runs and is very difficult to get off of the ball. Yes, he hasn't been the same player he was last season (and I believe playing alongside Timlin helped him so much) but his effort and enthusiam are way ahead of the midfielders selected today. That's the area that has been our weakest all season and (apart from Hyam) has had less injuries.

I think that was an area that was hit by injuries in pre-season and again in September. Whilst they haven't had the season ending injuries I think they've been playing injured much of this season.

In a 'must win game' you don't set up the team with an attacking formation - incredible!

One thing which hasn't been commented on is how, when 2-0 down, we switched to 5 at the back.

What did 'Arry bring to the party yesterday?.

It has nothing to do with 'Arry, unless we somehow win when he'll claim credit for it.

Due to a late change in plans I found d myself in the East Reds and many thought their first goal was off-side. It did look very tight but not helped by Lennon? who ran back rather than stepping up a yard and making sure the incompetent lino on that side made a decision.
In the first half he looked at the ref for even the most basic throw in decisions. fans and players alike should have been on alert, I don't think our defenders gave a proper shout or arm up.

Definitely on-side.

The through ball is at 1:34. The out of position Kiernan getting turned in midfield - he should have passed the man off to Elvis and held his ground - at 1:32

White may actually be our deepest defender and doesn't track the run or step up. A half-hearted effort to chase doesn't then prevent the cross.

Heads then drop and because Bond picked 3 unfit players to start in Demetriou, Kightly and Humprhys we have no subs left to freshen things up.

Back