• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Evening Echo

The News
DOZENS of Southend United supporters ensured tonight’s game with AFC Wimbledon was given the go ahead after helping to sweep snow off the Roots Hall pitch. But so poor was Blues’ performance in suffering a disappointing 3-1 defeat against the Dons, they must now be wishing they had not have bothered.

More...

Pathetic, limp and disgusting display.

Smith - Poor on crosses
Straker - Either outstanding or Sunday league
Prosser/Cresswell - Never won a header all night and both totally bullied
Clohessey - Got forward, but not one single good cross
Hurst - Terrible
Lund - Did OK
Spillane - I was excited when we signed him, no idea why. Him and Lund are both too defensive.
Mohsni - Best player on the pitch again, wherever he played, but dallied a bit when put in defense
Leonard - Was Ok, did not deserve to come off
Assombalonga - Poor, nothing came off, and he never looked like he was trying
Harris - Rubbish
Corr - Rubbish
Spicer - OK

Sturrock - Will be out the door at the end of the season.

This home form is unacceptable, and I knew we would not get 9 points from these 3 games, but the performance was just pathetic.

Would not surprise me at all if Sturrock has a meeting with RM in the morning.

RM apparently looked unhappy during PS interview.. Don't blame him

Absolutely disgraceful. Some of those players out there don't deserve the opportunity to wear that crest! That crest should be worn with pride, desire and drive.. Three things lacking today!

PS all over the shot with tactics! PLAY IT TO BONGO's FEET! Bbbc on the bench? Harris on before freddy? Spicer for straker?! Leonard was playing well and was subbed off?

Spillane get out of the club! Never seen a CDM get so far away from a tackle!

Proof tonight we rely so heavy on hurst and miss Tomlin, laird and reeves!

Ps I hate to say it as I admire you for saving us, but I fear your days are numbered!

Lund, Clohessy, Mohsni, only one's who showed any desire. Harris had a couple go close but on the whole, utter toss, worse game at home this season, in fact anywhere this season.

I've no idea the thinking behind the subs tonight but I think it's fair to say PS got it completely & utterly wrong.

I don't know why I bothered to help shift snow, should have left it on pitch, it would have made for better entertainment.

Smith. 4 All of the goals, could at part have been attributed to him. His inability to come off his line (one went 3 yards out and he just watched it) is costing us dearly. We are not going to make the play offs Bentley time please.

Clohessey 5. Did ok first part of first half, then conceded too many free kicks especially in second.

Cresswell 4. Did he win a header all night, oh yes for their second goal headed it straight to the oncoming Lowe, who had just come on. Worst game I have seen him play.

Prosser 5. Not very good a centre back, Didn't win much, hoofed too much, but played better at left back when Straker was subbed.

Straker 3. Toilet. Non league, sorry however much we paid for him was too much. Says something when a 30 something centre back who's legs have gone is a better option at left back than you. At fault badly for their third.

Leonard 3. just for turning up, dont think he hardly touched the ball, was rightly subbed at half time.

Lund 5. Did ok in spells, looked quite classy when has time on the ball, but hey this is league two-you don't get time on the ball, and knocked off it too easily

Spillane 5. Similar to Lund really, had a better first half than second, but I fail to see what he brings to the party.

Hurst 6. MOM (but only because everyone else was so bad) the only time we looked composed was when he had the ball, but over elaberated too much at times, and tries to showboat a bit too-why?

Assombalonga 5. Couldn't win a header in the first half, tried hard, but why keep hoofing it up to bigger centre halfs ? Should have been subbed.

Mohnsi 5.5 Played left midfield in a 1 up front at home system, then went up front and finally played centre back, when I think we went to 3-3-4 late on. Does some good things, then over-elaborated and nearly lost the ball a few times. (seems to have lost his spark! maybe calming him down takes something away from his game?

Subs Harris 5. did try one audacious shot, won the ball a couple of times, but then passed it back 20 yards.

Corr 5. ineffective largely, strangely the way we played first half, we were crying out for Corr, but when he came on we just tried passing and playing keep ball instead of getting the ball in the danger areas to Corr

Spicer 5. Did ok when he came on , game gone by then, but looked more composed, but rather similar to Spillane and Lund. But the correct decision to sub Straker.

On the whole very dissappointing, you would think Wimbledon were the play off chasing team, and we were in the struggle against relegation. Give them credit, they gave it a go, and came from a goal down, to win comfortably. Best team won.

I don't know why I bothered to help shift snow, should have left it on pitch, it would have made for better entertainment.

Smith. 4 All of the goals, could at part have been attributed to him. His inability to come off his line (one went 3 yards out and he just watched it) is costing us dearly. We are not going to make the play offs Bentley time please.

Clohessey 5. Did ok first part of first half, then conceded too many free kicks especially in second.

Cresswell 4. Did he win a header all night, oh yes for their second goal headed it straight to the oncoming Lowe, who had just come on. Worst game I have seen him play.

Prosser 5. Not very good a centre back, Didn't win much, hoofed too much, but played better at left back when Straker was subbed.

Straker 3. Toilet. Non league, sorry however much we paid for him was too much. Says something when a 30 something centre back who's legs have gone is a better option at left back than you. At fault badly for their third.

Leonard 3. just for turning up, dont think he hardly touched the ball, was rightly subbed at half time.

Lund 5. Did ok in spells, looked quite classy when has time on the ball, but hey this is league two-you don't get time on the ball, and knocked off it too easily

Spillane 5. Similar to Lund really, had a better first half than second, but I fail to see what he brings to the party.

Hurst 6. MOM (but only because everyone else was so bad) the only time we looked composed was when he had the ball, but over elaberated too much at times, and tries to showboat a bit too-why?

Assombalonga 5. Couldn't win a header in the first half, tried hard, but why keep hoofing it up to bigger centre halfs ? Should have been subbed.

Mohnsi 5.5 Played left midfield in a 1 up front at home system, then went up front and finally played centre back, when I think we went to 3-3-4 late on. Does some good things, then over-elaborated and nearly lost the ball a few times. (seems to have lost his spark! maybe calming him down takes something away from his game?

Subs Harris 5. did try one audacious shot, won the ball a couple of times, but then passed it back 20 yards.

Corr 5. ineffective largely, strangely the way we played first half, we were crying out for Corr, but when he came on we just tried passing and playing keep ball instead of getting the ball in the danger areas to Corr

Spicer 5. Did ok when he came on , game gone by then, but looked more composed, but rather similar to Spillane and Lund. But the correct decision to sub Straker.

On the whole very dissappointing, you would think Wimbledon were the play off chasing team, and we were in the struggle against relegation. Give them credit, they gave it a go, and came from a goal down, to win comfortably. Best team won.

Agree with most but Hurst doesn't deserve MOM as no one deserves that accolade tonight. Hurst 5, Leonard wasn't that bad and I've really had enough of Straker now - sorry I know it's been said before but I'm annoyed that a) he is toilet and b) we paid money for him (yes I know it's not his fault)

I'm also getting tired of the negative tactics against gash opposition at home. 4-5-1 and lumping it to Britt isn't going to work!!

The next time snow covers the pitch at RH forget clearing it. Last season we cleared it for the game against Rotherham and lost and now tonight. Keep the snow on there and play with an orange ball at least. Waste of time and people's efforts!

Awful and worst I've seen at home this season.
If I was an away manager coming to RH right now I'd be extremely confident of a draw if not 3 points such is the terrible starting formation we have that just invites pressure.

Missed tonight's game after having to have a IV sedation for a minor operation today.

Sounds like my day was more fun.

All of them was utter **** tonight laughable. Pro footballers my arse my 2 year old daughter could of shown more passion and pride tonight.

Didn't go tonight gladly as had to look after the little'un but if we don't start with an attacking lineup Saturday I will be watching the game in the east bar with me mate dagenham kev, have a right good chin wag and drink away my pain.

When Straker went off, the whole team looked around as if to say "Now - what am I supposed to do?"

Pathetic, limp and disgusting display.

Smith - Poor on crosses
Straker - Either outstanding or Sunday league
Prosser/Cresswell - Never won a header all night and both totally bullied
Clohessey - Got forward, but not one single good cross
Hurst - Terrible
Lund - Did OK
Spillane - I was excited when we signed him, no idea why. Him and Lund are both too defensive.
Mohsni - Best player on the pitch again, wherever he played, but dallied a bit when put in defense
Leonard - Was Ok, did not deserve to come off
Assombalonga - Poor, nothing came off, and he never looked like he was trying
Harris - Rubbish
Corr - Rubbish
Spicer - OK

Sturrock - Will be out the door at the end of the season.

This home form is unacceptable, and I knew we would not get 9 points from these 3 games, but the performance was just pathetic.

Would not surprise me at all if Sturrock has a meeting with RM in the morning.

Bongo looked upset that he was not allowed to take the penalty, after that he hardly seemed to try, mind you the rest of the team were just as bad.

Never mind we will hear from the players/management in the next few days they will say they know it was a really poor performance and that they are really up for the next game.

Wimbledon wanted it more. Probably the worst performance I have seen for about 10 years.

Smith 5 - Could have helped out with all 3 goals, but a good save just before half time
Clohessy 5 - Worked hard, but not a lot came off tonight. Good pen, but may have to direct the next one somewhere else
Cresswell 4.5 - Didn't win much in the air
Prosser 4 - see Cresswell, but add woeful distribution
Straker 2 - Got skinned time and time again. Oh his heels for the second goal, and asleep for the third. Add to that the fact that everytime the ball went near him he messed up. I never thought I'd say it, but I miss Osei Sankofa.
Hurst 5 - Some touches of class, but not enough
Lund 6 - Thought he was OK tonight, but not a patch on laird, Makandawire or Timlin in centre mid
Spillaine 5 - Won quite a bit of the ball in midfield I thought, but clueless when in possession
Leonard 5 - Tried to get involved, and no worse than anyone else first half, but made way for a change of shape
Britt 5 - Fed absolute scraps tonight.
Mohsni 3 - Strutted about the pitch like he thought he was pele. Didn't try. Had a cuddle and a laugh and a joke with 2 or 3 of the Wimbledon players at the end - he didn't seem bothered at all about the previous 90 minutes of cack. He's only interested in one thing, and that's himself.

Subs
Harris 4 - Wrong sub to bring on at that time
Corr 4 - On too late to make a difference
Spicer 5 - Actually didn't do too badly, but at that stage Wimbledon were letting us have possession in deep areas so I would have expected that.

One thing of note... for the last 6 months Cresswell has been the person seeking the ball from every defensive corner / free kick etc. Now Mohsni is back, they seem to be getting in each others way and we seem more vulnerable in having 2 players who generally excel in this role.

Haven't been this incensed for a long time - for me, as much as I will always respect him for rescuing us from the mire 3 years ago, Sturrock has to go now.
Perhaps harsh not to let him see out the big day at Wembley, but (and whilst I don't condone ill timed managerial changes), a fresh face with fresh ideas could push us into a largely undeserved p-off place and salvage something from what looks set to be another wasted season.

Wonder what the thick as 2 ***** players will say/think after tonight. If they have any pride they will come out on Saturday and tear Torquay apart, won't happen though. 1-0 Torquay with a last minute winner after we've had 1 shot on target all game.

Smith Absolutely glued, using hard as nails, to his line all night. Couldn't command an army of toy soldiers. 2

Clohessy Good penalty, well struck, but didn't bomb forward as normal tonight. 5
Prosser Not a centre back. Doesn't look comfortable there at all. 4
Cresswell Quiet tonight and didn't look happy or comfortable against a ropey AFC attack. 4
Straker Useless. 1

Hurst Did ok, not up to his normal standard, but did show effort. 5
Spillane ???? Not sure what he is actually about. 3
Lund Put effort in, but again didn't look comfortable. 4

Mohsni Played in three positions tonight. Not a proper striker, nor left mid. Didn't seemed to know what he was being asked to do. 4
Assomalonga Inept and disinterested. 3

Sturrock Tactically woeful and in need of a rest. 3

Last edited:
DROSS RUBBISH AND UTTERCRAP .that's says it all .Oh yes thanks for clearing the snow .Next time leave it on .:thumbdown:

I walked out 20 minutes before the end. I was sitting there almost shaking with rage at what I was watching. I don't have the time or the money to put up with that ****. 4 years ago I might have shrugged that off, but post-09/10, with the current boardroom regime, and for as long as we're in L2, I just don't have the patience anymore. My reserves of patience have been low ever since the L1 relegation season. I'm just not immune to that kind of performance anymore.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Back