• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wimbledon wanted it more. Probably the worst performance I have seen for about 10 years.

Smith 5 - Could have helped out with all 3 goals, but a good save just before half time
Clohessy 5 - Worked hard, but not a lot came off tonight. Good pen, but may have to direct the next one somewhere else
Cresswell 4.5 - Didn't win much in the air
Prosser 4 - see Cresswell, but add woeful distribution
Straker 2 - Got skinned time and time again. Oh his heels for the second goal, and asleep for the third. Add to that the fact that everytime the ball went near him he messed up. I never thought I'd say it, but I miss Osei Sankofa.
Hurst 5 - Some touches of class, but not enough
Lund 6 - Thought he was OK tonight, but not a patch on laird, Makandawire or Timlin in centre mid
Spillaine 5 - Won quite a bit of the ball in midfield I thought, but clueless when in possession
Leonard 5 - Tried to get involved, and no worse than anyone else first half, but made way for a change of shape
Britt 5 - Fed absolute scraps tonight.
Mohsni 3 - Strutted about the pitch like he thought he was pele. Didn't try. Had a cuddle and a laugh and a joke with 2 or 3 of the Wimbledon players at the end - he didn't seem bothered at all about the previous 90 minutes of cack. He's only interested in one thing, and that's himself.

Subs
Harris 4 - Wrong sub to bring on at that time
Corr 4 - On too late to make a difference
Spicer 5 - Actually didn't do too badly, but at that stage Wimbledon were letting us have possession in deep areas so I would have expected that.

One thing of note... for the last 6 months Cresswell has been the person seeking the ball from every defensive corner / free kick etc. Now Mohsni is back, they seem to be getting in each others way and we seem more vulnerable in having 2 players who generally excel in this role.

We all know the reason why Mohsni came crawling back and that's Wembley, he doesn't give a stuff about the club or the fans.

People keep mentioning the injuries but that is no excuse not to beat the likes of Barnet and Wimbledon. Our squad last night still contained half a dozen players who have been at championship/League 1 clubs. We should have the players to cover Timlins injury but Luggys bizarre signing of Spicer and failure to adequately sign some quality midfielder whilst simultaneously stockpiling the team with strikers, has cost us dear. Only Laird looks any cop. We miss Tomlin too but we have Freddy and Harris on the bench, most teams would kill for that. Ditto the defence, Phillips and Barker are top players but we should have someone who can organise the defence. Ive said it before, the keeper is a massive problem, he spreads nervousness into the back 4. Also, who scouted Straker? He's awful. Luggy couldve kept Gilbert he's far better. Oxford have had horrendous injury problems and are still on the verge of the play offs.

I usually reserve my negative opinions about players till after the game but support them all through it but last night I watched Prosser and it scares me that a professional footballer who has nothing else to practise all week apart from kicking a ball is so inept and uneasy when in posession. He looks like a rabbit in the headlights when someone passes to him and inevitably plays a 30 - 50 yard ball to nowhere! The highlight was when he tokk a free kick on the half way line late in the game when we had everyone uop and he put it 10 yards behind all the players! After this I "had a word" as he went past and he looked as if I was at fault for having a go! Best thing he did last night was get booked!!

.....that's because he has more ability in his left toe than the rest of the wasters!

Unfortunately, it's a team game. A few months ago, when we were on a good run, they were boasting how brilliant the team spirit is. I wonder what it's like now.

..and how must the other players feel, when he walks straight back into the starting line-up ?

Exactly.....and Neil Harris said as much in his column last week in the Echo. Personally, no matter how desperate we were, I would never have brought Bilel back into the fold. This one decision by Sturrock could erode the fantastic team sprit we had built up throughout this season. Either Corr is secretly struggling with injury once more or Sturrock has forgotten what damage Bilel did last season rather too quickly.

We all know the reason why Mohsni came crawling back and that's Wembley, he doesn't give a stuff about the club or the fans.

WOAHHHHHHH!!!!! Does not give a stuff about the fans?

This is the guy who spends an hour after the game end of last season signing autographs, this is the guy who is pleased to see everybody and takes time out of his day to meet fans etc..!

The club though is a different story

WOAHHHHHHH!!!!! Does not give a stuff about the fans?

This is the guy who spends an hour after the game end of last season signing autographs, this is the guy who is pleased to see everybody and takes time out of his day to meet fans etc..!

The club though is a different story

Sorry Scott, but there are two ways of looking at this . If someone REALLY CARES about the fans then the most important thing they can do is to put their own emotions to one side and do everything in their power to ensure that the team performs. Everything else is secondary . I don't know if he was under orders not to get sent off , and that is affecting his play, but he was no better than the rest of them last night.

I bore the guys at work to tears talking about SUFC, if I had brought anyone of them last night they would have assumed that the guy I rave about wasn't playing . He was no worse/better than the rest of them last night.

Its still raw with people at the moment, but I can imagine a few not bothering on Saturday based on last night. Hopefully the enthusiam will be back come Saturday

It just seems to me that all a visiting team has to do is put in plenty of effort and keep the marking tight, and they will almost certainly get a result. Nothing clever just plenty of effort, and sadly we seem to have no ability to make space and escape the straight jacket most teams put us in, especially at home.

Agree with other comments on here, I am struggling to think of a less enjoyable game than last night, still call me over enthusiastic if you like but I still dont see us getting relegated:unsure:

Sorry cant agree with that at all. the likes of Clohessy, Cresswell and Hurst are consistently better than this freak. Anyone who thinks BM is the answer to our problems has no idea about team sport, spirit etc. Im not excusing anyone from last night and BM certainly wasnt the only one to blame, apart from Smith who had no chance with the goals everyone of them was poor.

Really dont understand why Corr isnt starting at the moment, far more effective than BM, who when he actually played at the back looked excellant again

You start by saying three players are better than Mohsni - and then talk about team spirit? Are we saying spirit is better than putting your foot on the ball trying to pick out a team-mate is better than charging headlessly around. Which one makes a better player: skill or team spirit? One without the other won't do - but 'freak'? We could do with a few more freaks to find the back of the net - and one of them isn't Corr on a 'consistent' basis.
Big Barry might have his uses, but he couldn't trap a dustbin lid and inevitably gives away more than his fair share of fouls in attacking positions.

Exactly.....and Neil Harris said as much in his column last week in the Echo. Personally, no matter how desperate we were, I would never have brought Bilel back into the fold. This one decision by Sturrock could erode the fantastic team sprit we had built up throughout this season. Either Corr is secretly struggling with injury once more or Sturrock has forgotten what damage Bilel did last season rather too quickly.

It was pretty much apparent last season that it was Harris and Gilbert who were the chief Mohsni haters.

What was unforgivable last night was the lack of effort I can forgive bad games ,but the players just didn't look up for it and shirking tackles all night.The players and manager knew how important last nights game was ,but were 2nd best on everything. To play so badly 1st half,and then take it a step further in the 2nd is ******.

Doesn't help when you set yourself up as the Away Team (one up front) when playing at Home. Why the hell is Corr not starting and what is Mohsni doing playing left wing? Something is terribly wrong here....

I was fortunate enough to go to the Wombles away game....4-0 to us.....this was achieved by playing ball to feet, taking chances and using 2 strikers (in an away game).
Why, oh why only play with one at home ?
To me it sends a clear message to the opposition that all we are planning is a "smash and grab" 1-0

Whinge whinge whinge. Cheer up - it might never happen! The season is far more successful than many others!

Mohsni - 3 for the 1st half, 7 for the 2nd. Defensively much better than he was in midfield or attack. He was that frustrating ambling, sulking unit in the 1st half as he clearly wasn't happy at the role he was playing - berated Hurst for not passing to him but having a shot. Trudged off the pitch at half time a good 5 mins after everyone else. I wanted him subbed at half time!!

Im amazed by the number of people that are praising Moshni. Where i was sitting we all thought he was shocking. He didnt put any effort in during the first half, gave no support what so ever to Britt who was isolated. Second half he provided no cover for Straker who was clearly struggling to cope with the right winger. The only time he got involved was when he went back to centre back, which is where i would play him if at all. Although there are calls for PS to go which i think is laughable, i would question why Corr is not starting. The guy has been thorugh hell the past two seasons yet when called upon this season in Tomlins absence and for a while Britt he has never let us down.

See above, I don't share the Mohsni love-in. The guy is naturally gifted, but he's not a team player.

Back