• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I hadn't read the whole thread and interpreted your comment in the wrong way. I'm not a boo boy at all, have made posts criticising them before.

No problem, didn't think you were.

For what its worth I'm not against fans protesting about an issue. I just don't agree with this one. Hurting your own club financially is actually giving the big boys more power.

I believe their inclusion is good for both sides is a good step forward for this competition. I even like the penalty shoot out for another point. As I believe a 0-0 should mean no points, certainly in WC group games and perhaps in our league. In no way does it threaten our league pyramid and nor should it. Our team with 7 changes got far more out of it than they did. The football was a better pace than a friendly and we muscled them off the ball rather than boot them, so it was played in the right spirit. Apart from a bit of 'academy coached' rolling around by them.

Plenty of plus points from last night for the whole club and boy do we need that right now. Everyone heading up to Bolton should be feeling a lot better, players, fans and management. So see you all in the away end.

Thoroughly enjoyed ourselves! We were up there from about 3 o'clock, stripping out the Shrimpers Bar, which is due a bit of an overhaul and only really decided to go on the day. Thought having to pay £10 at 3 o'clock on the day of a match like that was absolutely taking the proverbial. If the club want my advice, then £5 all round for a competition that is attracting such negative comment would be far better.

We found some old promotional material while clearing out the bar, which had some photos of Barrington Belgrave on....as we were heading to the bin, we bumped into Woody and Ranger. Consensus was Ranger looks just like Belgrave - think it was the braids that did it!

Delighted to see Ted given the opportunity in goal, and Kyprianou at LWB. Both youngsters did very well, and also Jordan Williams when he came on at RWB. Anton Ferdinand gave a solid performance at the heart of the defence, including showing a good turn of pace to shepherd the ball out down the east side late in the 1st half.

Atmosphere was terrific, was very much like a well attended reserves game. No booing, no jeering, just applause and the odd shout of encouragement. You could hear them encouraging each other, and the instruction from the bench. Reflected on the ref also, Mr Deadman had a much better game than you would normally expect. East side lino missed a blatant offside for our 1st and one 2nd half attempt by Brighton.

Smith - 7.5, did his job well, couple of saves, and some decisive takes and a great punch out from a corner. Well done Ted!
White - 7.5, very solid game from the skip, showed he can put a cross in and showed what is missing for our midfield in being able to take part in neat interchange passing. Slotted in for Ferdinand when he went off and then on the right of the three CBs when Matzusaka came on.
Sokolik - 7, probably the most dominant header of the ball out of the centre three, surprised to read the odd bit of criticism, I thought he did ok, but we were in the East blues so maybe it was at the other end.
Ferdinand - 7.5, most of what he did was at the other end to us, but seemed to cope well, did go up for an attack not long before he went off, we've been missing a defender who can score!
Thompson - 7.5, playing on the left side of the three, showed he could cope well with this and put some surging runs forward. Really looked to enjoy himself out there.
Kyprianou - 8, great debut. The lad did really well and, as someone else said, delivered great and consistent corners. Great shot for the goal, which was on target before the deflection. If Mr Coker is off anywhere today, then at least we know we have a youngster in the wings who looks ready for that step up.
Atkinson - 8.5, my MOTM, reminded Brown exactly what he brings to the side in bucket loads. Harried and hustled in the middle of the field, inviting errors. Tackled and passed and ran with the ball. Surging run forward which he should really have finished off but passed it.
Leonard - 7.5, much improved and looked so much more comfortable. Great passing moves with White and Atkinson.
King - 6.5, the one weak link in the side. Still showed far too many mistakes and I would have liked to see Bridge given the chance in this set up.
Mooney - 7.5, another who looked to enjoy himself, gave his all and took his goal really well. If you get the chance to see it today, it's worth a look for all those who like to give him grief.
Cox - 7, some good stuff but I want to see him in front of goal more.

Subs:
Williams (Jordan) for Ferdinand - 7, came on and got the crowd on side with his first touch!
Matzusaka for Sokolik - can't really mark him, barely touched the ball.

All in all a most enjoyable evening, but aren't those wooden seats hard?!!!

Nice reports, guys. I wonder which of those players have done enough to stay in the side for Bolton away. It sounds like the shape and performance was better but it was still only a team of U23's we played. Bolton will probably require experience and organisation. Just hope Anton is fit enough for 90 mins on Sat ?

Maybe White should keep his place for sat .Could not understand why he has been omitted from the first team as he was ever present last season . Also maybe its time for Barrett to take a seat on the bench Tommo and ferdi will do for me .

Can you define a boo boy

There is a simple self test.

a) Look in the mirror and ask yourself, Do I moan about everything about my club.

b)Do I boo a player during the game or when he's being subbed.

c)Do I hijack every thread with my anti PB (playing) RM (financial).

One yes means your a boo boy....two yeses and your a boo boy bore. All three means your a complete **** who should find something else to do on a Saturday.

Nice reports, guys. I wonder which of those players have done enough to stay in the side for Bolton away. It sounds like the shape and performance was better but it was still only a team of U23's we played. Bolton will probably require experience and organisation. Just hope Anton is fit enough for 90 mins on Sat ?

Good question. I think with Bolton and Scunny away we will see the return of the 3 CB's. We have always looked stronger with that formation and we certainly don't need the luxury of two wingers at both those games.

It's a tough one.

Definitely think we should keep that formation. Demetriou would fit perfectly into that, when he's back.

Personnel wise, I'd stick with White and it's a judgement call on AB. He is a better fit than Sokolik, so would probably get the nod, with Sokolik on the bench to cover for Ferdinand, if he starts to blow after 60 minutes or so.

Midfield definitely Lenny and Will, but possibly McLaughlin for King, though King did a lot of covering when Lenny and/or Will burst forward, which McL might struggle to do.

Mooney and Cox is fine upfront.

Tough calls are Smith v. Oxley and Coker v. Kyprianou.

White will start on Saturday as Demetriou is with Cyprus. No way will Ferdinand be fit for a start and Coker v Demetriou is a no brainer. As well as Harry did last night, he certainly isn't ready for L1.

Also, we have to play at least 6 of last nights team (according to the Checkatrade rules - I think. It's bloomin' complicated).

I would go with

Smith

White
Thomson
Sokolik
Barrett
Coker

Atkinson
Leonard
McGlashan

Cox
Mooney

Subs

Oxley
Ferdinand
McLaughlin
King
Williams
Bridge
The player we will land in today's business

When Demetriou is back from Cyprus, I'd love to see Demetriou and Kyprianou as the wing-backs*

*Sounds like this is the Apoel Nicosia forum! :winking:

There is a simple self test.

a) Look in the mirror and ask yourself, Do I moan about everything about my club.

b)Do I boo a player during the game or when he's being subbed.

c)Do I hijack every thread with my anti PB (playing) RM (financial).

One yes means your a boo boy....two yeses and your a boo boy bore. All three means your a complete **** who should find something else to do on a Saturday.

Well I'm glad I dodged that bullet.

It's a tough one.

Definitely think we should keep that formation. Demetriou would fit perfectly into that, when he's back.

Personnel wise, I'd stick with White and it's a judgement call on AB. He is a better fit than Sokolik, so would probably get the nod, with Sokolik on the bench to cover for Ferdinand, if he starts to blow after 60 minutes or so.

Midfield definitely Lenny and Will, but possibly McLaughlin for King, though King did a lot of covering when Lenny and/or Will burst forward, which McL might struggle to do.

Mooney and Cox is fine upfront.

Tough calls are Smith v. Oxley and Coker v. Kyprianou.

I think the experience and the fact he can cover any positon across the back should see JW in a back 5. I think King played better than some have claimed last night and will be better than Mc L as part of a three man CM.

The tough ones are as you say Oxley and Coker. If he plays Oxley and they score then he should have stuck with Ted. If Ted gets exposed up in the North West like last year, then it will do him no good at all.

Can you define a boo boy

Urban dictionary definition reads :-

"A spectator or supporter who habitually jeers or finds fault"

Good news is that the term "Boo" derives from the French word "Beau" which of course means beautiful, so technically it could mean "Beautiful Boy", so it's not all bad.

Urban dictionary definition reads :-

"A spectator or supporter who habitually jeers or finds fault"

Good news is that the term "Boo" derives from the French word "Beau" which of course means beautiful, so technically it could mean "Beautiful Boy", so it's not all bad.

It could also be;
A spectator or supporter that, despite peer pressure, exercises his right to express his lack of appreciation.
[FONT=&quot]
Free expression is the base of human rights, the root of human nature and the mother of truth. To kill free speech is to insult human rights, to stifle human nature and to suppress truth.
Liu Xiaobo

[/FONT]
Just saying :winking:

We've had good success in this League with the 3-5-2 formation and Brown going with it last night shows it's in his mind for Saturday. I'd like to see;

Oxley
Thompson Sokolik Barrett
White-----------------------------Coker
Atkinson Leonard King
Cox Mooney

Back