• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 2-1 Altrincham

Some interesting opinions of Cav Miley. I sit in the West stand in block T and I have yet to hear anyone screaming for Miley to be taken off. As I said earlier, he is still coming back to form after a bad injury and there will be some mistakes. He adds more to the team performance and confidence than is immediately obvious, and as for rinsing @shrimperjon for having an opinion, just a bit unfair I reckon. Some on here have no time for Kev Mayer, dating back to his playing days, and they now spend time battering some of his signings for that reason.

Think you're right , could have been more aggressive but can't afford losing him at the moment to a dodgy red from refs that seem so random with decisions. To be fair JD isn't one to pull out of a tough tackle so I think he was probably being careful. Plus, looking at those highlights, it was a much worse pass than I thought last night at the game. It was a 50\50 hospital ball -5yds adrift from close range when it should have been to feet. (Although I may be a tad biased,) I think cav was the culprit there. Pleased cav went on to have a good game though.
I wasn't suggesting that it was Demi's fault mate, far from it. The Alti goal was very well fashioned and then executed by a class midfielder (No 10) rather that down to our mistakes.

He did take the goal well tbf. I couldn't see from the east (north) whether it beat collin for speed or if he couldve got a hand to it.
Think you're right about returning from a long spell out. For most that match sharpness comes with week in week out involvement in matches. I do wonder if a break for a game could get him more focused, but I'd be happy if he plays his way back to sharpness.

Reactions: RHB
Why is it that if someone has a different opinion to you they are abused as being clueless and don't understand football ? Or is it the person rather than the comment you have personal issues with ? For weeks I've heard people around me screaming at Maher to take Miley off, call him slow, call him lazy, criticise his passing, criticise his decision making, his lack of creativity. There were some very angry people in the Hall last night. He clearly hasn't been at the races for sometime now and it's an exaggeration to say whether we are better with or without him in the side. Only stats will go some way to proving that. But he is replaceable like any other player not performing to the standards we require. People are entitled to their opinions. You judging them and claiming they know less than you about football is arrogant and embarrassing to be honest and stops many zoners from posting what they really want to say on here.
i apologise for saying clueless if it offends, although that's far from abusive and people have said far worse to Wiggy over the years. i go home and away and Miley although being slightly off the pace is still vital to this team. I've certainly not heard anyone scream to have him taken off. He is an integral part of the team and certainly isn't lazy. Twice in the second half alone he broke up potential breakaways by Alty. He is also excellent at tackling and winning the ball. Everyone has their off days. I would say Husin isn't quite at it either at the moment but he also offers other qualities. I accept its about opinions. Regarding your first sentence i liked to think I'm quite honest on here and try to give a balance reason behind my comments. I don't openly abuse anyone for their opinion or certainly not intentionally. But when someone calls one of our players over rated and that player being Miley then i will stand my ground. He has been one of our stand out players since he arrived at the club and won everything last year individually. Some have siad Mooney was over rated, maybe he was, Dackers the same, Powell etc and i can see why some might say that, but to call Miley over rated simply isnt true. Again i apologise if i caused any offence, those that know me will know thats not my style.

Miley slipped a mis pass 60/40 to Demi when he could have passed it to feet, doing it all the time at the moment but the Miley SZ gang are out in force so get on with it!
TBf isnt it a combination of things here? poor pass from Cav, poor tackle from JD, defence not closing down and could Colin have done better with the shot. Sometimes it easy to point fingers at one player but look at the wider picture and its as much a collective than individual mistake

Some interesting opinions of Cav Miley. I sit in the West stand in block T and I have yet to hear anyone screaming for Miley to be taken off. As I said earlier, he is still coming back to form after a bad injury and there will be some mistakes. He adds more to the team performance and confidence than is immediately obvious, and as for rinsing @shrimperjon for having an opinion, just a bit unfair I reckon. Some on here have no time for Kev Mayer, dating back to his playing days, and they now spend time battering some of his signings for that reason.
thanks mate. im not aware i have a history of abusing people and if i did im sure you would have shut me down.

He did take the goal well tbf. I couldn't see from the east (north) whether it beat collin for speed or if he couldve got a hand to it.
Think you're right about returning from a long spell out. For most that match sharpness comes with week in week out involvement in matches. I do wonder if a break for a game could get him more focused, but I'd be happy if he plays his way back to sharpness.
My son, normally West W block was in the south upper and for some reason was filming at the point they ran through to score. Im a huge fan of Colin and he has been excellent this season but watching back he may be a bit disappointed as the ball went through his hands. But from where i was in the East stand i thought he was maybe unsighted as well, so maybe just on eof those things

Errm excuse me ? I'm not rinsing Shrimperjon for having an opinion. I'm rinsing him for judging people who don't agree with HIS opinion. And for judging people as being clueless and knowing little about football. Like I suggested EVERYBODY has a right to an opinion without questioning the integrity or knowledge of others. It just makes Shrimperzone venomous and its unecessary. I wanna read " Cav Miley should be dropped because..." or "We can't drop Cav because...". Not statements like "Cav is Overrated" or "Cav stays and if you don't agree then you're clueless and know little about football". Explain the reasons ffs. It's a discussion site isn't it ? Not a boxing ring.

TBf isnt it a combination of things here? poor pass from Cav, poor tackle from JD, defence not closing down and could Colin have done better with the shot. Sometimes it easy to point fingers at one player but look at the wider picture and its as much a collective than individual mistake
From where i was sitting i'd be giving credit to the goal scorer , he worked the angle well and bent it bottom corner , if im honest he would be a player Id be looking at if i was Maher , comfortable on the ball and was dropping into little pockets of space to pick up the ball and try and make things happen

i apologise for saying clueless if it offends, although that's far from abusive and people have said far worse to Wiggy over the years. i go home and away and Miley although being slightly off the pace is still vital to this team. I've certainly not heard anyone scream to have him taken off. He is an integral part of the team and certainly isn't lazy. Twice in the second half alone he broke up potential breakaways by Alty. He is also excellent at tackling and winning the ball. Everyone has their off days. I would say Husin isn't quite at it either at the moment but he also offers other qualities. I accept its about opinions. Regarding your first sentence i liked to think I'm quite honest on here and try to give a balance reason behind my comments. I don't openly abuse anyone for their opinion or certainly not intentionally. But when someone calls one of our players over rated and that player being Miley then i will stand my ground. He has been one of our stand out players since he arrived at the club and won everything last year individually. Some have siad Mooney was over rated, maybe he was, Dackers the same, Powell etc and i can see why some might say that, but to call Miley over rated simply isnt true. Again i apologise if i caused any offence, those that know me will know thats not my style.
That's told you, as people know on here i am far from clueless and in this woke world , very offended!
Have a good day!

Errm excuse me ? I'm not rinsing Shrimperjon for having an opinion. I'm rinsing him for judging people who don't agree with HIS opinion. And for judging people as being clueless and knowing little about football. Like I suggested EVERYBODY has a right to an opinion without questioning the integrity or knowledge of others. It just makes Shrimperzone venomous and its unecessary. I wanna read " Cav Miley should be dropped because..." or "We can't drop Cav because...". Not statements like "Cav is Overrated" or "Cav stays and if you don't agree then you're clueless and know little about football". Explain the reasons ffs. It's a discussion site isn't it ? Not a boxing ring.
Read my response to your post, ive apologised for what ive said. Maybe chill and let it go now. However i stand by my point of view that Miley is anything than overrated and i doubt many would disagree. Maybe you have an issue with me i dont know you but would happily have a chat Saturday and clear the air if that helps

One of the challenges we have is that it’s very difficult for our players to play themselves back into form with no reserve team/u23 fixtures. We very rarely even seem to have behind closed door games these days. With fixtures going Tues-Sat-Tues and it being three-quarters of the way through the season I suspect training sessions are quite light as well.

It took Cardwell half a dozen games before he got back to where he was. Miley has been back a little longer but he’s also shifted positions and roles a few times which maybe means it’ll take a little longer?

That's told you, as people know on here i am far from clueless and in this woke world , very offended!
Have a good day!
ive apologised if i offended you if you read through my posts. If that offended you it wasnt intended. Ive seen people say far worse to you. Think this needs to end now

I have not been very impressed by Miley since his return.

I would love to see the stats from when he was out injured compared to after his return.

I realise we have won 3 on the trot but how much of that was despite him playing.

I have not been very impressed by Miley since his return.

I would love to see the stats from when he was out injured compared to after his return.

I realise we have won 3 on the trot but how much of that was despite him playing.
Interesting you saying that CC, i feel the same about Husin.
Looking forward to when they are both firing on all pistons, we've seen some great games from those two in the past.

Have a good day!

Then why are you blaming Miley for both goals this week. If you going to slag then at least get the basics right.

Back