• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 2-1 Altrincham

Watching the highlights back again and what struck me is pretty much same chances we were getting during the bad run. But like Dackers knock down would have been scrambled clear by a defender.... Wes' shot would have been blocked by the defenders legs.

We were still creating those chances, just fine margins and needing that little bit of luck to go your way make huge differences.

I have not been very impressed by Miley since his return.

I would love to see the stats from when he was out injured compared to after his return.

I realise we have won 3 on the trot but how much of that was despite him playing.
TBF last night after around 20 mins he was very good and second half in particular broke up a lot of play but you are right he hasnt quite been the same since the injury. But then he was so good before its a high standard to keep up

Watching the highlights back again and what struck me is pretty much same chances we were getting during the bad run. But like Dackers knock down would have been scrambled clear by a defender.... Wes' shot would have been blocked by the defenders legs.

We were still creating those chances, just fine margins and needing that little bit of luck to go your way make huge differences.
spot on

TBF last night after around 20 mins he was very good and second half in particular broke up a lot of play but you are right he hasnt quite been the same since the injury. But then he was so good before its a high standard to keep up
I like many thought that when Cav returned from injury, it was like he had never been away. He was absolutely on his game.
I don’t think his slight loss of form is anything to do with his injury. It’s just that - a slight loss of form. A blip.
Perhaps being benched for a game or two and replaced by Morton might do the trick.
In general, Miley is indispensable.

I like many thought that when Cav returned from injury, it was like he had never been away. He was absolutely on his game.
I don’t think his slight loss of form is anything to do with his injury. It’s just that - a slight loss of form. A blip.
Perhaps being benched for a game or two and replaced by Morton might do the trick.
In general, Miley is indispensable.
yes agreed. The positive thing now is we have a squad. I like the look of Morton so no reason he cant step up in the same way Crowther has and now looks undropable on form. Waldron was excellent on Saturday but Kev chose to play Dackers last night who had come on and done well and Dackers had one of his best games for us. Coker now fit so maybe time to give Husin a break and play Coker. Weve gone from 1 sub to now having a squad all of whom can rightly argue they should be playing and thats what you want. Kensdale out, JD stepped in having already stepped in for Gus, Gus back in last night and all seemed quite seamless. Not perfect but pretty good. Happy days

Just catching up after being out the country. You would think that back to back wins in 4 days would have the Zone basking in praise for our heroes.
But instead feels like the Zone is imploding with lucky sending offs, OTT criticism of individual players, and personal sniping at each other.
Perhaps after all these years of #Rat it’s just become a habit to moan and groan?
Personally delighted to see us back in winning ways and ready to step back in to the top half of the table with all new signings settling in and showing that our recruitment at this level is becoming top drawer.

No, he will be playing. Stitches, if he has them, won't stop him playing. He didn't even want to come off today, but John Gowens made him.

I'm more concerned/worried/thinking about the loss of Kensdale for a week or two.

It's nice when players are moved & they fit in and have a good game but I would rather we had the "right players" in their right (best?) positions.

Being a bit of an old git, I start with the "keep a clean sheet" approach & then go on and score and get 3 points. We haven't been leaking a great many goals but we are letting in at least one goal a game at the moment.

As an aside, when is Taylor due back?

youve picked out Miley and Bridge. Add to that Husin, JD, Morton, defo Kensdale etc. Weve been caught out recently being put under pressure, which ironically is one of our strengths against opposition. The good thing is the last two games weve been good enough to win the games. But agree we need to stop these errors but its unfair to single out individuals when others have also been guilty
Yes you are right others are equally caught in possession when they probably shouldn't.What I should have said that Miley and Bridge are targeted by the opposition as they are predictable

A great result, was concerned when we let in an early sloppy goal, but we really battered them for the rest of the first half. Just when you thought we would not get our rewards, two goals in five minutes and deservedly we went in at half time with the lead. Second half was a case of managing the game, not a lot of goalmouth incident and we visibly tired the last 15 minutes. Dan Mooney came on and does what Dan Mooney does, shoots over the bar, he should play rugby. 4 straight defeats for the deluded Parkinson, who thought on his post match interview that No.10 Conn-Clarke had no protection and was kicked all over the park? Also their second half possession (all played in front of us, like we have done previously) deserved an equaliser??
I thought all our players played well, ran their proverbial socks off and maybe the squad depth and rotation is paying dividends with all the new starters from Saturday keen to impress.

Andeng-Ndi 6.5
Demetriou 7.5
Crowther 8
Ralph 8
Scott-Morriss 7
Husin 7
Miley 6
Fonguck 7.5
Bridge 8
Cardwell 8.5 MOTM
Dackers 8

Waldron 5.5
Wood 5.5

Harry Cardwell is getting fitter and sharper every game he plays and stood out for me with the amount of work and running. Icing on the cake was his second goal in two games, set up by Dackers, who thought they could not play together as too similar? Back 3 were tremendous, Kensdale not missed, JD another shift, 3rd in a week next to the impressive Crowther and captain Ralph. Hope Miley can play his way through a tricky spell, looks to have lost a yard and Noor please have a shot, you have it in your locker. UTB

Last edited:
Can we just take a step back and remember these are NL players , they are very good NL players but even so.
Technically we have a very talented squad and player for player on par with if not all NL teams and a far few from League 2, we are a little predictable at times and can be unpicked by a high press and aggressive tactics

I maybe of a minority here but i do think we need to add a little bit of league experience for when players like Miley are having an off day , someone who will step in and galvanize the team on the pitch, again controversial but Miley, Husin are better technically than players that have graced our teams in League 2

Thurgood
Timlin
Hutchins
Forbes
K Ferdinand
Bentley ( will get shot down for this )
to name a few

but i'd have a Timlin/Bentley in our team all day long as a spoiler , leader , captain type character who can dig in and grind out results when things are not going our way

Back