• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Massimo Giovanni

Old Timer⭐⭐
BIG game Saturday.
It might be the last game at Roots Hall for Dan and Jack, and a few others (PB?) ; at least in a blue shirt.

And Parky is bringing his in form outfit in search of 3 points towards the play off - does anyone NOT know he is ex Col Ewe? Surely we wouldn't want him to have a nice day out?

For me Phil needs to pick the best available and not worry about contract rebels etc, lets finish with making the home fans happy.

Ty and Jack up top.
Wozza and Lennie in midfield.
Both Adams at centre backs; Dan in goal AND the rest is up to Phil!

I'd go the other way drop jack and dan completely play players that want to play for the club, ie jack bridge would be a breath of fresh air

Smith,
O'Neill, Thompson, Barrett, Coker,
Worrall, Leonard, Deegan, McLaughlin,
Loza, Barnett

Give Loza and O'Neill a chance, with them and Deegan playing for a contract.

Smith,
O'Neill, Thompson, Barrett, Coker,
Worrall, Leonard, Deegan, McLaughlin,
Loza, Barnett

Give Loza and O'Neill a chance, with them and Deegan playing for a contract.

Why give Loza a chance? :nope:

Smith
Oneil thompson barrett coker
Worrall deegan leonard bridge
Williams Mooney

But i expect

Smith
White thompson barrett coker
Worrall deegan leonard atkinson
Mooney Hunt

1-1 :smile:

Pull positions out of a hat, actually, I'm pretty sure Brown does that on a regular basis

Up until now he has only come off of the bench in games if I am not mistaken. Why not give him a chance from the start?

He started at Blackpool and hit the post from a yard out. His loan should have been terminated after that game.

We've changed the habits of the season and migrated from the West stand to the East for this game. Partly because Mrs RHB has said "It looks nice over there, can we try it for one game?" I made the mistake of bringing her along this season so let's hope the East isn't a mistake as well.

As for the team, I actually don't mind as long as whoever plays puts in a decent shift for the final home game. I'd like to think we will snatch a win but SUFC never fail to amaze me by snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

A minimum 1-1, and maybe a 2-1 to the Blues.

Ok... so he has started once. On that basis should Barnett be starting based on the sitters that he has missed recently? Does one miss constitute a reason never to start another game.?

Ok... so he has started once. On that basis should Barnett be starting based on the sitters that he has missed recently? Does one miss constitute a reason never to start another game.?

No it doesn't, but poor old Loza has some pretty heavy baggage with quite a few of us, predominately because he really doesn't look as if he is ever going to become the finished product that Norwich once thought he may be. I would dearly love to see the young man play like he did against Oxford, inclusive of a goal, but I fear it is wistful thinking.

I'd go the other way drop jack and dan completely play players that want to play for the club, ie jack bridge would be a breath of fresh air

Not being funny but how do you know Jack Bridge wants to play for the club, and if another club comes along and offers him a superior deal are you saying he would not go?

Not being funny but how do you know Jack Bridge wants to play for the club, and if another club comes along and offers him a superior deal are you saying he would not go?

The cat could have kittens. We won't know whether Bridge can cut it unless we give him a go. The trouble is that PB will probably give him the same sort of introduction into 1st Eleven that he gave Jack Payne.

Up until now he has only come off of the bench in games if I am not mistaken. Why not give him a chance from the start?

As Ayrshire says, he started at Blackpool, which we had the misfortune to be there for. It was an awful performance.

I would keep faith with Ted Smith so he can get experience for next year.
Loza not even on the bench. Not worth even looking at for contract.

Smith T
O.Neill Barrett Thompson Coker
Worall Degan Leonard Atkinson
Payne
Barnett

Bentley. White. Polish bloke. McQueen. Timlin (if fit) Mooney. Hunt.

As per Rootshallbloke just looking for the selected 11 to give everything to get a win in the final home game of the season. Will not bother to predict the team, more chance of winning the lottery such are the permutations at the moment. Fear we will come up short and lose 2-1 after providing a sterling effort which will keep the moaners happy. If only we had not over achieved for the first 2/3rds of the season, I think the majority would of been happy with mid-table security in our first season back in this league.

Att 9000 (1250 away), scorer Jack Payne

After the awful recent performances

Smith
O'Neill
Pietor from Ipswich
Barrett
Coker
Worrall
Leonard
Deegan
Bridge
Mooney
Barnett

I'm all for bringing players through ............. but putting Bridge into the starting XI against an opposition team that beat Walsall 4-0 in their last game and when Bridge has been playing non-league is quite a suggestion.

True - Bridge might be a revelation or he might struggle and we will use one substitute to correct the position.

No mention of The Moose lately - I wonder if he will be on the bench.

Otherwise I am looking for a positive reaction after Wigan and hopefully a clean sheet.

Back