• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v Crawley Town, Saturday 10th April 15:00, FL2

Starting XI and Result

• Mark Oxley

Votes: 75 81.5%
  • Elvis Bwomono

Votes: 44 47.8%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 54 58.7%
  • John White

Votes: 15 16.3%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 72 78.3%
  • Tyler Cordner

Votes: 59 64.1%
  • Tom Clifford

Votes: 71 77.2%
  • Sam Hart

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • Alan McCormack

Votes: 10 10.9%
  • Nathan Ferguson

Votes: 49 53.3%
  • Timothee Dieng

Votes: 66 71.7%
  • Kyle Taylor

Votes: 37 40.2%
  • James Olayinka

Votes: 39 42.4%
  • Reeco Hackett-Fairchild

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • Ashley Nathaniel-George

Votes: 46 50.0%
  • Ricky Holmes

Votes: 35 38.0%
  • Terrell Egbri

Votes: 25 27.2%
  • Emile Acquah

Votes: 25 27.2%
  • Simeon Akinola

Votes: 38 41.3%
  • Brandon Goodship

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Greg Halford

Votes: 30 32.6%
  • Harry Kyprianou

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Matt Rush

Votes: 13 14.1%
  • Jacob Mellis

Votes: 9 9.8%
  • Harry Seaden

Votes: 4 4.3%

Votes: 2 2.2%

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Win

Votes: 44 47.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 9 9.8%
  • Lose

Votes: 11 12.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m starting to think you don’t like Phil Brown very much ?

What gave it away? ???

In all seriousness he’s certainly delivered a good amount of success here with play off campaigns and obviously the promotion. Until the final season of his tenure, every season we’d improved on the last one. Some may disagree but I’m not blinded by hate. He was a good manager for us.

I just don’t like how he conducts himself and he’s a snake with certain senior players. There’s a situation from every club where he’s treated someone like absolute dirt

This is the man who retired Adam Barrett. and (I’m not saying you Austin) but certain people wanted Adam as our manager in the summer and they’re now happy Brown is back in charge. And I can’t get my head around that ??‍♂️

Still 6 games left so a potential 18 points (yes a girl can dream)
Let’s hope the guys can up their “game” now and show PB what they have in their legs and heads.

I am just hoping we play with passion and fire in our bellies and if we do go down we go down knowing we have fought for every game.
My biggest disappointment has been Goodship as I personally believe we have not seen him at his best and I am hoping that PB can dismiss some of the fear we have seen the players present with on the pitch.

Fingers, toes, legs, arms and everything else crossed for today

I know how I’d like to set up for this game but won’t begin to guess what PB will go for.

Also think we’d have won this one (1-0) before PB coming in, so no change in the result there for me, perhaps the scoreline?!

What gave it away? ???

In all seriousness he’s certainly delivered a good amount of success here with play off campaigns and obviously the promotion. Until the final season of his tenure, every season we’d improved on the last one. Some may disagree but I’m not blinded by hate. He was a good manager for us.

I just don’t like how he conducts himself and he’s a snake with certain senior players. There’s a situation from every club where he’s treated someone like absolute dirt

This is the man who retired Adam Barrett. and (I’m not saying you Austin) but certain people wanted Adam as our manager in the summer and they’re now happy Brown is back in charge. And I can’t get my head around that ??‍♂️

I am not sure that is the case100%, I just think the majority wanted a change to the results and some way we might stay up. Not many could see that with MM so this is really a last gasp solution.

We shall see how it pans out starting today.

One day on the grass with the boys, anyones guess as to line up.

We will see a lopsided 4 4 2 with an engine on the left or right hand side.

We are going to win by 2 or 3 goals today and Phil Brown will start picking out the base metals for his statue by 6

He has inherited a squad that consists of 24 players fit enough to train yesterday. I would expect him to have the experience to select a starting XI that can hold their own against Crawley and a bench that can influence a game if required.
Whatever changes he makes for todays game we will not be in a position to question prior to kick off. Obviously if we don't get the 3 points then at the final whistle his judgement will be questioned.
My concern over recent weeks is that MM didn't know what his preferred starting line up was. He had a large squad wasn't able build on a strong performance by retaining players for a run of consecutive matches.
One thing for sure if the squad that Phil Brown selects today picks up 3 points, barring any injuries, he'll install trust in those players to follow that up in the next game.

you mean like he respected Sturrock’s opinions on the team selection for Wembley?

this is the most egotistical man in football. This will have Phil Brown’s stamp, and only Phil Brown’s stamp on it

Get over yourself man. The guy can't win in your eyes whatever happens. If he stabilises the ship in whatever division and gets us moving forward in the right direction both on and off the pitch like he has before - he is fully entitled to (and I'm very happy for him to) take the credit and eventually look for a higher profile job if he wants to. That would be a high class problem for us in our current predicament.

One day on the grass with the boys, anyones guess as to line up.

We will see a lopsided 4 4 2 with an engine on the left or right hand side.

We are going to win by 2 or 3 goals today and Phil Brown will start picking out the base metals for his statue by 6

I think this relegation struggle is going to the wire, and in that sense a victory against Crawley will certainly lift our spirits but it is unlikely to be a gamechanger.

I think this relegation struggle is going to the wire, and in that sense a victory against Crawley will certainly lift our spirits but it is unlikely to be a gamechanger.
I think its crucial today, to be just 2 points adrift. To get pbs reign off to a good start, to install a winning mentality, to give everyone hope.

If results go in the right way at Roots Hall and Bradford today we will move to a position where it’s in our hands and if we can do something at Exeter (a lot harder) we could go into the Col U game with confidence high. I still think we are up against it but I still have hope.

My lineup would be:
Ox

JD Hobson Cordner Clifford

Ferguson

Egbri/Elvis Dieng Hart (if fit)

Holmes

RHF

Get some wing play going and have RH in the hole behind our main striker. COYB

Excited to see the team news at 2, as I really have no idea what to expect. I’ll go for
Oxley
Elvis white Hobson Clifford
Demetriou Dieng Ferguson Olayinka
Holmes
Acquah
He did like a big man up top that could hold it up, I see Demetriou as the Atkinson-like engine and Olayinka as the one that gets forward. Must win today

For me this game has potential for a disaster in the similar way the return (and red card) did for the much expected Bilel return.
I have hope' that PB can get the small gains from the players to turn defeats to draws and draws to wins.

It's puzzling that in the player votes, so few have a high %age. What happened to the days when we saw players getting over 90%?

Whatever side plays today. It will be selected mainly on advice from Craig Fagan and Ricky Duncan.

So i would expect a few changes and players that they favour. So expect a few suprises.

I’d be surprised if anyone but PB picked the side to be honest. I also think he’ll favour the more experienced players .. well the ones who can walk without crutches.

Back