• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Southend United v Oldham Athletic

hes completely and utterly out of his depth, completely out of his depth.. out of his whole team, he is the only one who would have ever been in a professional clubs changing room in a match environment..
We could have pep in the dug out and still be where we are now.

Reactions: Jai
hes completely and utterly out of his depth, completely out of his depth.. out of his whole team, he is the only one who would have ever been in a professional clubs changing room in a match environment..

He is you're right. With his Weymouth success he was confident he could turn it around, his tactical awareness is poor. He is out of his depth. Nice guy because I wanted it to work for him, but it's a winning game.

What a disappointment. Thought we were the better side, could have quite easily won the game but again we come away empty handed. I’m usually very positive, but frankly I’m so sick and tired of this team throwing away soft goals that wouldn’t be acceptable on a Sunday morning.

Ultimately, improving is great, but it doesn’t matter if we can’t keep a clean sheet because we keep making individual mistakes.

I’m a big fan of Demetriou, but that mistake is not good enough from a professional footballer - let alone an experienced pro who is supposed to be an example and setting standards for the rest of the group.

I know it’s a young team, I know it’s not for a lack of trying, and as much as I can empathise with all that, these are professional footballers and they are still accountable for the results that are nowhere near acceptable.

I know that sounds brutal, and I’ll continue supporting the lads no matter what, but to be honest they need to start delivering results and quickly (provided the tax bill is paid tomorrow of course).

I think it’s time each of these players took a look at themselves and asks honestly if they are doing everything in their power to improve the current situation, or else before long we won’t be a football league team and it’s highly unlikely they will be professional footballers either.

Can’t put into words how much hatred I have for the club right now
I don't hate the Club, I could never do that, but I do feel as low as I have been this season. We aren't collectively good enough to survive this division unless new blood is introduced with the necessary fight and experience to score goals, it's that simple. Getting that new blood is far more difficult, but it was so obvious tonight that a proven striker would have taken at least one of the chances that we created.

What a disappointment. Thought we were the better side, could have quite easily won the game but again we come away empty handed. I’m usually very positive, but frankly I’m so sick and tired of this team throwing away soft goals that wouldn’t be acceptable on a Sunday morning.

Ultimately, improving is great, but it doesn’t matter if we can’t keep a clean sheet because we keep making individual mistakes.

I’m a big fan of Demetriou, but that mistake is not good enough from a professional footballer - let alone an experienced pro who is supposed to be an example and setting standards for the rest of the group.

I know it’s a young team, I know it’s not for a lack of trying, and as much as I can empathise with all that, these are professional footballers and they are still accountable for the results that are nowhere near acceptable.

I know that sounds brutal, and I’ll continue supporting the lads no matter what, but to be honest they need to start delivering results and quickly (provided the tax bill is paid tomorrow of course).

I think it’s time each of these players took a look at themselves and asks honestly if they are doing everything in their power to improve the current situation, or else before long we won’t be a football league team and it’s highly unlikely they will be professional footballers either.
Not only Demi's fault, but Egbri, who stands like a statue after he passes. Easy to intercept after that.

Must have a missed that bit.
Yeah because Sterling was brilliant wasn’t he. Done absolutely **** all since he’s been here, touches the ball about twice every game and the touch is the ball bouncing off him to the nearest defender. Acquah wasn’t good tonight but he’s shown more than Sterling.

Do you really believe Ron cares? If he did he would get someone who knew about football in to run the club as he obviously does not after all these years of decline!
Never said he does or doesn't - fwiw I think he definitely did at some point, now it's self preservation / getting back his investment at worst. What I meant by what I said is I don't see Ron ending the club ever being the best option - surviving and him leaving has to be better than the club just folding. With that said I thought this season would be the reset one, but the combination of covid and the rot that had set in has done the damage.

It would be great if we could find another target for our frustration than a 20 year old who has been with the club since childhood and has to play up front on his own for a team who have barely won a match for two years. Thank you.

sorry to repeat myself but i posted this after the harrogate game :I'm sorry to say this but what do we expect , you cant rid of all your experience, expect lads to do a job they are not ready for and make a silk purse of a sows ear. I'm not gonna blame the kids or MM in the slightest. The buck stops at the door of Ron,( i know some on here think he is untouchable so what im gonna say might get their backs up.). I've said it before Ron is in it for the development ie, the golden pot at the end of the rainbow, nothing more ,nothing less i still believe this is the first step in the masterplan make our beloved club non league (stadium then no longer required and Fossetts sold to the council to make flats out of). Good luck MM your gonna need it.We've got two hopes of retaining our league status Bob Hope and no hope!!!. After the smoke has cleared several games down the line and with the rumours going around sounds like i was bang on the money

I bet MM cannot believe that he allowed Ron to sell him a load of Horse **** about ambition, new ground, championship etc. etc. etc. if he had stayed where he was his reputation would have been intact but Ron has sold him down the river and doesn't give a sh*t! As soon as the flats go up on Roots Hall Ron will be gone!!!
I have cracked it - Has anyone seen Ron and Donald Trump in the same room at the same time? Donald has told 20,000 odd lies in 4 years! They are obviously the same person :Hilarious::Hilarious::Hilarious:

Don’t know how people who call themselves fans of the club are hoping for a winding up tomorrow. I love this club, even now, and the thought of being wound up is truly upsetting. No true fan would wish that in their club, regardless of the circumstances. Come on blues, played some good football tonight, good second half, but we must work hard on our defence. Wish Lee Harrison was still here...

Back