• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Southend United v Oldham Athletic

Don’t know how people who call themselves fans of the club are hoping for a winding up tomorrow. I love this club, even now, and the thought of being wound up is truly upsetting. No true fan would wish that in their club, regardless of the circumstances. Come on blues, played some good football tonight, good second half, but we must work hard on our defence. Wish Lee Harrison was still here...
I am a fan of the club I started supporting many years ago - this isn't that club!

I don't hate the Club, I could never do that, but I do feel as low as I have been this season. We aren't collectively good enough to survive this division unless new blood is introduced with the necessary fight and experience to score goals, it's that simple. Getting that new blood is far more difficult, but it was so obvious tonight that a proven striker would have taken at least one of the chances that we created.
It’s like a having a cheating wife you hate them but you love them and they’re putting us through emotional abuse

Let ron (lower case) have the ground and do what he wants with it. We'll rise again without him and run the club how it should be with fans on the board of directors and have a say how it's run.

I'm not actually down beat, this is a great opportunity to start again.

I really hope the judge gets out the bed the wrong side tomorrow, he'll be doing us a favour.

We'll rise again.

Don’t know how people who call themselves fans of the club are hoping for a winding up tomorrow. I love this club, even now, and the thought of being wound up is truly upsetting. No true fan would wish that in their club, regardless of the circumstances. Come on blues, played some good football tonight, good second half, but we must work hard on our defence. Wish Lee Harrison was still here...
THIS - I am putting it down to people reeling from the result. No one really wants the option of the club being repaired taken away. If you are THAT anti Ron then start a phoenix club now. I am not pro Ron in any way shape or form but I flat out don't want the club going under to prove a short term point, 115 years into a club's existence, that is what it would be.

Because with Ron in charge we can't flourish and will no doubt go bust anyway.

At least we can build a club with fans owning it. I'm sure Wimbledon felt the same when their club was taken and now they wouldn't change it for the world.

Is this as bad as it gets? I know deep down it isn’t, but right now I just need someone to tell me it will all be alright in the morning.

If we survive tomorrow I think the time has come for Ron to bite the bullet and look for additional finance assuming of course that there is someone out there who is willing to invest in a football club.

If Southend United FC dies, as it is today

You never see a club with the word ''Southend'' in it, play in the Football League in our life times again.

SO PAY THE TAX BILL RON !!

Relegation to non league, is bad BUT we still have a chance to bounce back next season

Last edited:
Because with Ron in charge we can't flourish and will no doubt go bust anyway.

At least we can build a club with fans owning it. I'm sure Wimbledon felt the same when their club was taken and now they wouldn't change it for the world.
They were relocated out of the area, it was more replacing a physical void left by a team going, they had a united fan base in terms of vision and politically leanings, they had press and high profile fans, investors and a history burned into everyone of a financially able to assist age because of the FA Cup win. We've literally been poorly run for a few years. We are not comparable.

I don’t think most people who said that really mean it. There is a hell a lot of emotion floating around after another loss and people just need to lash out. This is so hard and is hurting all of us. In the cold light of day we all want our club to survive. It’s just mental torture that there doesn’t appear to be any light at the end of the tunnel. There never seems to be any good news. In the current climate we need some escapism and relief and we just aren’t getting it from our football team. Like a lot of people my mental health has really suffered during lockdown and the Covid situation. I was hoping my football team would boost my health, they haven’t thus far.

I don’t think most people who said that really mean it. There is a hell a lot of emotion floating around after another loss and people just need to lash out. This is so hard and is hurting all of us. In the cold light of day we all want our club to survive. It’s just mental torture that there doesn’t appear to be any light at the end of the tunnel. There never seems to be any good news. In the current climate we need some escapism and relief and we just aren’t getting it from our football team. Like a lot of people my mental health has really suffered during lockdown and the Covid situation. I was hoping my football team would boost my health, they haven’t thus far.

Very true. A lot of fans are struggling and it has been just another knife in the back, week after week.

Hope your mental health is improving, there is a lot more to the association with the football team you love at our level than people give credit too. I don't know what needs to be done/ what can be done/ I want long term in truth, the only thing I can be sure about is the option is off the table if we fold tomorrow.

I don't know whether it is the lack of a crowd, an excuse of a live streaming service the quality of which I would be disgusted to receive in the middle of the Amazon, or the impending punishment we are awaiting tomorrow; whatever it is I am desperately trying to retain my love affair with Southend United, and it is damn difficult. Not for the first time this season I feel I am watching 11 imposters masquerading as Southend players. I have no affinity with any of them and I recognise the whole set up less and less as my club.
It felt tonight like the final death throes of a once proud club, and maybe some on here are right, maybe we do need to reset and start again, whether that be at Step 6,7, 8 or whatever I don't know.

But what I do know is this cannot go on.

The last time we watched the blues at roots hall we were a league 1 club, if there is a next time after tomorrow, we could well be watching us in non league

I don't know whether it is the lack of a crowd, an excuse of a live streaming service the quality of which I would be disgusted to receive in the middle of the Amazon, or the impending punishment we are awaiting tomorrow; whatever it is I am desperately trying to retain my love affair with Southend United, and it is damn difficult. Not for the first time this season I feel I am watching 11 imposters masquerading as Southend players. I have no affinity with any of them and I recognise the whole set up less and less as my club.
It felt tonight like the final death throes of a once proud club, and maybe some on here are right, maybe we do need to reset and start again, whether that be at Step 6,7, 8 or whatever I don't know.

But what I do know is this cannot go on.
I think the lack of feeling able to voice displeasure in person, or encourage, depending on your motivational leanings has not helped at all. Even at the other end of the spectrum imagine being a Leeds fan not able to get in to see a team run as poorly as Southend turning it around, in theory at least we could be not physically in the stadium for the downtime and back in for the rise....

I think the lack of feeling able to voice displeasure in person, or encourage, depending on your motivational leanings has not helped at all. Even at the other end of the spectrum imagine being a Leeds fan not able to get in to see a team run as poorly as Southend turning it around, in theory at least we could be not physically in the stadium for the downtime and back in for the rise....

Very True

I was thinking the same the other day :-)

It's an evening of emotions running high, but could you all please try to remember to play the post, not the poster.

Anyone got a link the goals, couldn't watch on ifollow and would, sadly, like to see them

Back