• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v Wycombe Wanderers - Saturday 13 April 2019

Team choice plus win / lose / draw

• Nathan Bishop

Votes: 105 71.4%
  • Mark Oxley

Votes: 29 19.7%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 128 87.1%
  • Harry Lennon

Votes: 114 77.6%
  • John White

Votes: 54 36.7%
  • Rob Kiernan

Votes: 124 84.4%
  • Sam Hart

• Taylor Moore

Votes: 66 44.9%
  • Elvis Bwomono

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • Michael Turner

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Michael Kightly

Votes: 47 32.0%
  • Luke Hyam

Votes: 114 77.6%
  • Timothee Dieng

Votes: 12 8.2%
  • Dru Yearwood

Votes: 82 55.8%
  • Sam Mantom

Votes: 79 53.7%
  • Harry Bunn

Votes: 78 53.1%
  • Stephen McLaughlin

Votes: 29 19.7%
  • Simon Cox

• Stephen Humphrys

Votes: 111 75.5%
  • Charlie Kelman

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • Isaac Hutchinson

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Emile Acquah

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • Michael Klass

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • __________

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Win

Votes: 90 61.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 12 8.2%
  • Lose

Votes: 5 3.4%

• Total voters
Lol, You should know by now Rootshallbloke, that threads rarely stay completely on topic if they go a few pages. Someone once said on here that the starting thread is the tree trunk, and then posters add branches, some going all over the place. It's just the nature of forums and posters.
Yeah, of course I know. But it would be remiss of me not to steer me in the right direction. Its like herding cats as far as the rest of you lot are concerned.:Smile2:

Thanks to Jay_SUFC and rigsby for elucidating my reasoning. On second thoughts, may be it's better just to win three of our next four games and forget about Sunderland!

Home record doesn't give grounds for optimism though - including cups,
W6 D2 L15 - that's seriously bad! Is it our worst home record ever?

Lennon? Really?

Yes, he was injury prone. Although I'd have still signed him as I think the upside is worth it.

Sam Hart has pulled a fair amount of disinterest/critcism in a SZ poll on retaining our loanees. Strangely, he has managed to once again poll the most votes to date by SZ voters for this Saturday's starting eleven. He has also managed to top the 'starting eleven poll votes for the last few games. I find stuff quite confusing on here at times.

I think that says more about our current options at left-back than anything else. I'm encouraged by how he's improved but alarmed by how many goals we continue to concede down the left hand side. I know Kightly is a major issue there as well but it's not as if Kightly has played that many games.

Saturday should be interesting, as between them these two teams haven't won a game of football for 25 games.

Referee has been announced as David Coote (appologies if it's been mentioned anywhere)

If Hopper is still here......I worry that some of our players may have relegation clauses in their contracts.

I should hope lots of them do because we certainly can't sustain this wage bill in the bottom division.

I predict a comfortable home win on Saturday and it will lift us two or three places. I think our form in the remaining matches will see us safe.

Ive gone 4-3-3
Oxley,Demi,Moore, Lennon, Hart
Mantom,Kiernan,Dru
Humphrys,Acquah,Cox,
Subs,Bishop,White,Dieng,Bunn,Elvis,Hutchinson,Kightly

Interesting that Gareth Ainsworth hasn't named an unchanged side for months. Neither have we. Both teams are on terrible runs. Coincidence? The inability to pick a settled side, and still not knowing our best 11 as a result, is for me the main reason we're in this position.

Interesting that Gareth Ainsworth hasn't named an unchanged side for months. Neither have we. Both teams are on terrible runs. Coincidence? The inability to pick a settled side, and still not knowing our best 11 as a result, is for me the main reason we're in this position.

Of course totally agree. The problem is if players are not performing then the manager is more inclined to make changes. Obviously some are enforced with injuries.

Well I certainly think Chris Powell knew his best side., Unfortunately, most were too often in the treatment room. By and large selections were too often dictated by injuries and recovery from them. Would seem our new manager is experiencing similar problems already.

Back