• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend United's New Training Pitches.

Lon the money from his sons company .By all acounnts his son has amased plenty .And you would think he would want to help his dad out of the mirer .

That sounds about right. But it also calls into question Ron's assertion that a bridging loan was being agreed and the debt would be paid off in weeks.

That seems to not be the case at all. My guess is that he tried, and failed to secure a loan.
Yep, this is my thinking. Unsurprising. He does that quite often, says something is sorted to quell the anger of the masses when in reality, it's not quite sorted. I said yesterday, when you're a Z-grade and unsuccessful "property developer" you relatively quickly run out of things to remortgage or to use as collateral for a loan. The few property developments that he owns will be mortgaged to the hilt, and his reputation and credit rating are both so far down in the gutter that he is struggling to get anybody to loan him money.

Once there's a spade in the ground on the core Fossett's site, he'll have something new to use as collateral for another loan which he is apparently going to use to "re-capitalise" the club. I guess that'll be a lump sum which will sit in the club's bank account and fund its operation for the time being. Problem is, natural cash flow still won't improve until the stadium is functional, and not substantially until the 4th side is built. So we'll still have another 2 years to indefinite period of time where his money will continue to run dry and he'll have to keep borrowing against the Fossett's development to keep the club running and then saddling the club with the debt......and that's without any more delays.

Last edited:
Can anybody answer when the training pitches will be finished.

I'm sure they were due to finish October with a stadium start December or January.

I'm sure they were due to finish October with a stadium start December or January.
Yeah that was the plan, but an unspecified delay pushed it back. I believe somebody further up said the site manager mentioned seeds were planted at least for the main pitch, and grass should start being seen this week?

Are you ok?
Yes thanks the amount of time i have help my son out .And i wold like to think he would do the same if i needed it .So what is the differce .If as suspected Ron needs quick cash his son would only be to willing to help him out .That if he cares that is .

Yeah that was the plan, but an unspecified delay pushed it back. I believe somebody further up said the site manager mentioned seeds were planted at least for the main pitch, and grass should start being seen this week?
Correct. I may have missed it but they didn’t give the completion date, the final pitch is being seeded this week. I suspect it will be Jan/Feb depending on the weather until it’s in a fit state to actually use. They did mention previously they had seeded in December with good results so didn’t appear concerned.

Delays seemed to be linked to the hot weather, which created a lot of issues with surrounding neighbours, and the drainage system which sounded like it needed to be upgraded from original plans.

Mortgage on everything he owns. Borrowing money from family. Unable to pay wages of staff and threatened by insolvency by the tax people. He does it all to try and keep SUFC viable. But of course that's not enough for some. Let's call him all the names under the sun and demonstrate against him. Marvelous.

Mortgage on everything he owns. Borrowing money from family. Unable to pay wages of staff and threatened by insolvency by the tax people. He does it all to try and keep SUFC viable. But of course that's not enough for some. Let's call him all the names under the sun and demonstrate against him. Marvelous.
What a great way to run a football club.

I think that was what was said last night. There will be some temporary buildings at the ground but the gym will move back to Roots Hall to the room it was previously in and the players will eat at Roots Hall. I think that was roughly what Tom said last night. It was clear from what he said however that the team and their training needs came first and they would not be inconvenienced by the move from Boots and Laces. Tom did say when they hoped to "break ground"at Fossets but my hearing isn't as good as it was and Tom talks very quietly. Sure someone heard exactly what he said.

And so it goes on we move into another year with new stadium dates and a club who’s supporters are trying to raise cash to pay the players

Out of interest was there any mention on this tour about plans for the Beckham Dome ? Or have we got shot of that ?

Tom mentioned them the other night, they are still to be used (if that is possible) apparently he has to find the plans.
I bought a bunch of bookshelves from Ikea recently, so I've got spare Allen keys he can have if he needs them.

As per the statement just a moment ago training can start in the spring and then the works will start however I also thought this was meant to be December, as does my mates who's companies booked in to start then as well.

Back