• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend United's New Training Pitches.

I think the first target was autumn, then October then winter now spring. We'd better get used to this as building schedules seem to be a bit elastic. Living in Leigh near a number of building sites and completed flats it's clear to me that you have to be cautious when dealing with timescales. For example the Overton site was for years empty then a car park and then empty. They started last year and the site is crawling with builders and they might I think finish on time next spring. The Grand trundles on. The latest target date is August 2023. I'm not holding my breath. The car wash site has been resold and has been levelled awaiting the foundation drill. It's taken ages since the car wash moved to London Road.
I was told that White Horse were to maintain the grass for 2 months to get the right surface (sward) and then it would be handled over. They had to build the road and the car park. The roundabout works on Fossetts Way linking Fossets Way to the training pitch road and car park is not part of White Horse's brief. I'm going on the tour prior to the Altrincham game when the grass should be growing and will report back. As a layman I'd say March at the earliest which is spring.

That is seriously impressive and underscores that the owner must be reasonably serious about us having a future, otherwise surely he'd just get some lads in to flatten it and stick some turf down.

This is a proper professional operation

Mortgage on everything he owns. Borrowing money from family. Unable to pay wages of staff and threatened by insolvency by the tax people. He does it all to try and keep SUFC viable. But of course that's not enough for some. Let's call him all the names under the sun and demonstrate against him. Marvelous.
I thought it was all for love.

Not going to lie that does look pretty impressive..... build training facilities to go with the 4 pitches and you have a decent training ground, you could argue its fit for the championship.

They did say when I went to the visit the pitches, they will do a full time lapse style video with all their drone footage.

As per the statement just a moment ago training can start in the spring and then the works will start however I also thought this was meant to be December, as does my mates who's companies booked in to start then as well.
I hope he doesn't expect to be paid!

Back