• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Interestingly we were discussing how Canvey could play us for 6 hours and still not get past the colossal "Bulge". We all see things differently I suppose.

Agree totally, apart from one misplaced pass in the first half thought Bolger was excellent. Interesting that someone gave Weston 7/10, apart from the cross for the Williams goal i thought he was poor, bad first touch, dont think he took the full backs on once and kept running back into trouble. Bridge stand out player for me along with Coker and Worrall first half in particular. Looking forward to Saturday, first real proper test, should be a good pitch, decent crowd and good opposition. Really think the team by now, along with the Charlton game Tuesday should be fit and much more match sharp. Not long to go until the start of the season, i think the next two games are very important.

Agree totally, apart from one misplaced pass in the first half thought Bolger was excellent. Interesting that someone gave Weston 7/10, apart from the cross for the Williams goal i thought he was poor, bad first touch, dont think he took the full backs on once and kept running back into trouble. Bridge stand out player for me along with Coker and Worrall first half in particular. Looking forward to Saturday, first real proper test, should be a good pitch, decent crowd and good opposition. Really think the team by now, along with the Charlton game Tuesday should be fit and much more match sharp. Not long to go until the start of the season, i think the next two games are very important.

You sure you didn't get Weston & Worrall mixed up? Weston turning his full-back inside out on several occasions and put in several decent crosses.

Last edited:
Weston was the black guy wearing number 11, not the white guy. Weston turning his full-back inside out on several occasions and put in several decent crosses.

Completely unnecessary mate, i know who Weston was. There were 10 of us there last night who all thought the same, we kept shouting do the wembley thing, i.e take the full back on! Im glad you have reminded me the basics of race and colour though, well done!

End of the day its pre season, some thought Bolger was bad night, others thought he was good, someone said on Saturday that Worrall was overweight and unfit. All see the game differently.

Completely unnecessary mate, i know who Weston was. There were 10 of us there last night who all thought the same, we kept shouting do the wembley thing, i.e take the full back on! Im glad you have reminded me the basics of race and colour though, well done!

End of the day its pre season, some thought Bolger was bad night, others thought he was good, someone said on Saturday that Worrall was overweight and unfit. All see the game differently.

Calm down, just a joke. Just thought you got Weston and Worrall mixed up as I never saw Worrall take on his man let alone put in a cross.

I think Weston maybe deaf, the amount of overlapping runs Lenny & Cokes made, they were screaming for the ball & he never played them in at all, even Lenny shouted, '****s sake release when people are running'

I think Weston maybe deaf, the amount of overlapping runs Lenny & Cokes made, they were screaming for the ball & he never played them in at all, even Lenny shouted, '****s sake release when people are running'

Exactly, he just kept cutting back in and getting tackled despite having other options. Thanks for the cross at wembley, for which you will always be loved, but dont see where he fits in to the current sqaud with far better attacking options

Calm down, just a joke. Just thought you got Weston and Worrall mixed up as I never saw Worrall take on his man let alone put in a cross.

Then i guess you were also at a different game, as DW did this numerous times in the first half in particular, especially when he swopped to the left side, and won numerous corners

Wilko johnson, lee brilleaux, dean macey - your boys took one hell of a beating !

Exactly, he just kept cutting back in and getting tackled despite having other options. Thanks for the cross at wembley, for which you will always be loved, but dont see where he fits in to the current sqaud with far better attacking options

Towards the end of the season he played a big part off the bench, always added an outlet later on in the games.

Then i guess you were also at a different game, as DW did this numerous times in the first half in particular, especially when he swopped to the left side, and won numerous corners

Maybe I need my eyes testing as I thought it was Coker doing the crossing. :unsure:

To be fair, most of the time the ball got played to Worrall was about a foot in the air and all he could do was knock it on. Agree with the comment about Weston not releasing the overlapping full-back quickly, he seemed to delay it too long. Think he will be a good impact player, but nothing more especially if McLaughlin returns and Hurst regains his form.

Maybe I need my eyes testing as I thought it was Coker doing the crossing. :unsure:

To be fair, most of the time the ball got played to Worrall was about a foot in the air and all he could do was knock it on. Agree with the comment about Weston not releasing the overlapping full-back quickly, he seemed to delay it too long. Think he will be a good impact player, but nothing more especially if McLaughlin returns and Hurst regains his form.

Yep, fair comment, at the end of the day he is probably most effective coming off the bench late on and stretching the game, just as he did at Wembley. Guess his problem is inconsistency and if he was consistent im sure he could have played at a higher level.

Bolger was very solid and commanding, and even had a cracking shot at goal! I thought Weston was good, still needs a bit more confidence to run at people though....watch the re-run of THAT goal, man, it ought to inspire you!

Back