• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Spaniard on Trial

If we are serious about these trialists, I would much rather see them play against Ipswich. These games doesn't give you any real indication of what level these guys can play at.

If we are serious about these trialists, I would much rather see them play against Ipswich. These games doesn't give you any real indication of what level these guys can play at.

but these games are vital for fitness purposes and getting to know how your potential team mates play also, to just chuck em in against a strong ccc club would be a poor indicator IMO, let them get fitness and familiarise themselves somewhat and build towards the stiffer tests of ipswich and the daggers

but these games are vital for fitness purposes and getting to know how your potential team mates play also, to just chuck em in against a strong ccc club would be a poor indicator IMO, let them get fitness and familiarise themselves somewhat and build towards the stiffer tests of ipswich and the daggers
Maybe, but I would rather see them against the sort of competition we will be playing regularly. Aren't you only allowed a player for a certain amount of friendlies? I remember only being allowed to play Sam Oji for a few games because of this.

Maybe, but I would rather see them against the sort of competition we will be playing regularly. Aren't you only allowed a player for a certain amount of friendlies? I remember only being allowed to play Sam Oji for a few games because of this.

I think their is a rule about how long/how many games a trialist can do, not sure exactly though.

I know there is only a certain amout of reserve team football you can play on "trial" as Ed Upson was still training at the Club, but couldn't play in reserve matches earlier on in the season but I'm not sure its the same case with friendlies.

The games against the likes of Wakering, Witham and Canvey will give Tilson a rough idea of what Jean/De Vries/Spainard are like. Are they comfortable with the ball at their feet? Are they strong in the air? Whats their positioning like etc, but they wont be seriously tested defensively. This will come in the games against the likes of Stevenage, Daggers, Barnet and Ipswich.

exactly, it gives them time on the ball, it'll mean we can play at our tempo and give players time and space to show off their skills. against Ipswich it'll will test us, but there's no point playing strong teams week in week out as any decent player can have a poor game against a decent team

exactly, it gives them time on the ball, it'll mean we can play at our tempo and give players time and space to show off their skills. against Ipswich it'll will test us, but there's no point playing strong teams week in week out as any decent player can have a poor game against a decent team

your new avatar is pretty f***ing sweet by the way mmmmmmmmmm

Thought Jean was pretty good, and if it is Jean and not Juan then that explains why everyone else was calling him John! The other guy was ok too, and I'd be far happier with him than Sankofa at CB to be honest (and he wasn't there last night). Thought it was a tad harsh expecting them two and Herd to play the full 90, but Johnny got better as things went on.

I'm yet to see him play but from what i have heard Camano could be the player we are looking for, looking at that picture on the OS he looks a beast and in this league that is all you need. The difference having sodje in the side was huge, he wasnt that good on the ball but he was just a brute who flattened anyone who came near him.

Looked good last night to me.

Won everything in the air. Always looked for a pass out of defence, but hoofed when needed. Looks like he has a footballing brain. Showed leadership skills. Not afraid to get stuck in. Dangerous at set pieces.

The only thing I am not sure about is his pace and his age. Someone tell me Scriven has put Martin's wrong age on the OS. No way on earth is he 24, he has less hair than Cricko...

I think there's more chance we will sign Juan/John/Jean as he is clearly here under a code name (probably because he is so sh*t hot we have to keep his true identity under wraps so that we dont "alert other clubs to his availability"). Also he speaks French like all the our other French players and he comes from the Jean-Francois Christophe Academy based in Lens.

I think there's more chance we will sign Juan/John/Jean as he is clearly here under a code name (probably because he is so sh*t hot we have to keep his true identity under wraps so that we dont "alert other clubs to his availability"). Also he speaks French like all the our other French players and he comes from the Jean-Francois Christophe Academy based in Lens.

Shock of the day..french lad talks french

Shock of the day..french lad talks french

Yeah, yeah, yeah it's easy to be sarcastic. But IF YOU ACTUALLY BOTHERED TO READ MY FASCINATING POST you will see that what I'm actually saying in a roundabout way is that language is no barrier to greater understanding between humans and that we should all be inspired by the example set by the prestigious JFC academy (based in Lens) to get along with one another WHETHER OR NOT we sign "Juan", Rio Alderton or Marvin Commando.

Last edited:
Tad harsh I think Andy! He did well considering he's behind on his fitness, flew from Bulgaria (I think Brushy said) to Spain and then Spain to here in the last 4 days, and linked up with the team for the first time yesterday (hence doesn't know anyone).

He won stuff in the air, and he did some decent distribution on the ground to players' feet. That's more than a certain P. Clarke could do.

Made a few positioning errors towards the end, but the guy was blowing out of his @rsehole, what do you expect?

Is it though? I am really quite surprised that people have been so positive after that.

He didn't win enough in the air for a 6ft 4in guy in my opinion, but when he did win it, more often than not the ball would fly in completely the wrong direction. He had no pace, he nearly kicked the Canvey strikers heads off more than once when he tried to kick a ball 6ft off the ground, he made several clumsy challenges. He didn't really read the game very well. Jean on the other hand was a different prospect as he made things look so much more neat and tidy. In my opinion Camano would get ripped to shreds in League 1, because he hardly looked better than Canvey's standard....

Perhaps I'm being harsh because I'm finding it a slightly worrying prospect of having him alongside Barrett in the League!

That's because he is French mate!

Who is this 'Juan' fellow that the club and the Echo speak of?

His name is Jean. J-e-a-n. That's what Jeff told me after the game. He plays/played for Lens in France and is a friend of Jeff's. Jeff recommended him to Tilly.

I've done a little investigating and you are indeed correct and the club and Echo are talking nonsense. As usual? :whistling: ;)

His name is Arnaud Jean and he's a 22 year old from RC Lens. As I keep saying, I was thoroughly impressed with him last night, he definitely seemed to have something about him and I'd be keen for him to be our 3rd choice centre back.

14IMG_3965.jpg

I've done a little investigating and you are indeed correct and the club and Echo are talking nonsense. As usual? :whistling: ;)

His name is Arnaud Jean and he's a 22 year old from RC Lens. As I keep saying, I was thoroughly impressed with him last night, he definitely seemed to have something about him and I'd be keen for him to be our 3rd choice centre back.

14IMG_3965.jpg

looks good, has two legs and can walk... however I worry about his ability to carry bottles of water correctly.

He was released by Lens at the end of the season along with a load of other kids, so is a freebie.

Well worth snapping up in my opinion. Just needs a few burgers and roasts down his kneck.

Perhaps JFC will recommend a couple more...

Last edited:

14IMG_3965.jpg

thanks for clearing up the mystery surrounding this player Juan (je m'apelle Jean). Perhaps you'll be in trouble with the club for breaking his cover. He didn't actually play with a lone ranger mask .......but giving him a nom de plume was perhapd considered an effective way of keeping other interested parties at bay!?

Back