• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

We still have Brown, Banton, Bridge Williams pinnock etc on one year pro deals!! Is Auger staying or going.....

Im pretty sure two of the trialists will be signed....brown has shown he has a good eye for a loanee.....it seems he is being extra fussy....wrongly or rightly ???? Only time will tell

Just saying it how I see it.

Do you not think having 17 players of which 2 are reserve GK's, 1 injured and 1 a kid, a little over a week before the season starts is a bit poor?

I'm happier with 2 reserve goalies than none, no update on Timlin's injury recently but we (the club) can't be reliant on one player and the other player is hardly a child but I take your point.

I think there will be 2 more signings by this time next week and whilst I would prefer that we had a 20 man squad sorted a couple of weeks ago, I am quite happy that we (the club) are being selective in bringing in new faces.

I'm happier with 2 reserve goalies than none, no update on Timlin's injury recently but we (the club) can't be reliant on one player and the other player is hardly a child but I take your point.

I think there will be 2 more signings by this time next week and whilst I would prefer that we had a 20 man squad sorted a couple of weeks ago, I am quite happy that we (the club) are being selective in bringing in new faces.

Did PB tell you to type that ? :smile:

of course with a week and a day to go to the new season, despite this, we are in "no rush". Holman going to Colchester makes it 7 players who have turned their backs on us. wonder why?? a few recently, Holman included, got fed up of wating for a deal to be offered. wonder why /?? on Monday brown hoped to sign 4 players, maybe a couple this week. 1 day to go this week, will they come in Friday? I doubt it. wonder why??? of course the real reason " we're not in a rush because we want the right ones". believe that you'll believe anything. not us being selective, the potential signings ar and they're not signing. 1 t Cambridge, 1 to Bristol rovers non league and 2 to col u. u don't think anything is wrong somewhere??

I take back the 2 trialists I said went to col u. this is an old thread. still, 3 trialists fed up of waiting for an offer and gone elsewhere

gavin hoyte's advisor, his dad, wasn't happy with sufc's chances of progress. his reasoning.

Ted smith is 18(ish). Not ready for the first team but an immense prospect for those England selectors.

Other than that. Squad of 17 is small, but sign 3 or 4 and it's bigger than the Tilly winning squad?

Ted Smith aint up to it.....poor handling and a complete snail with his distribution!

Oh dear.....give him a chance! He's played in both the higher profile home friendlies and done ok in them both. He will only improve over time, and at present, he has plenty of that on his side.

As to the #4 shirt, I rather hoped that was being saved for Fagan.

Ted Smith aint up to it.....poor handling and a complete snail with his distribution!

You are such a misguided person. The kid is 18 and playing in an England squad. I am sure the England coaches know a bit more than you

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh dear.....give him a chance! He's played in both the higher profile home friendlies and done ok in them both. He will only improve over time, and at present, he has plenty of that on his side.

As to the #4 shirt, I rather hoped that was being saved for Fagan.

Any reasoning in Fagan, a forward, taking the number 4?

would suggest it's being saved for another cb or someone like Deegan.

Ted Smith needs to go on loan to a Conference team to aid his development

Any reasoning in Fagan, a forward, taking the number 4?

would suggest it's being saved for another cb or someone like Deegan.
Laird had it last, he was a CM, that's where the shirt is traditionally worn, and Fagan can play anywhere practically from what I've seen. Don't think he's played up top for us since being here.

The squad is certainly very thin.

The most worrying post on the thread is the one regarding Gavin Hoyte. If true, that really is a concern.

Back