• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stadium Design

Stadium Design - ...is it what you expected?

• Better than I expected - very pleased

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • It's about what I expected

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Disappointed with the design

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The only thing I see with this is that on Match Saturdays the shops wont get any visitors as the football fans will make travelling there a nightmare.

Cant imagine too many people wanting to go shopping in Currys before a game !

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Oct. 04 2006,14:41)]Still waiting for the images from inside the stadium though....

glare.gif
Yep, probably the most important thing for the fans is the view from inside the Stadium, why no pictures yet?

Possibly as the inside isnt what the council need to see to agree it.

Would be nice to get some for us fans though so we can decide where we are sitting. Or is that a bit premature ?

What sort of ambition is it to build a 16,000 all seater. We can get 10k now in crappy old Roots Hall.

The club have delivered beyond our wildest fantasys and yet still some people moan. I wonder what Ron Martin has to do to keep some of you happy......

I am sure even if he served up Henry, Ronaldinho and Messi some of you would moan he didn't get Rooney too.

Possibly the most exciting development for the club ever and its like a doom and gloom session on here......

I am so  
mad.gif

mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Oct. 04 2006,16:40)]I am sure even if he served up Henry, Ronaldinho and Messi some of you would moan he didn't get Rooney too.
I could actually see that happen for a couple (no idea who but theres always 1)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Oct. 04 2006,16:40)]What sort of ambition is it to build a 16,000 all seater. We can get 10k now in crappy old Roots Hall.

The club have delivered beyond our wildest fantasys and yet still some people moan. I wonder what Ron Martin has to do to keep some of you happy......

I am sure even if he served up Henry, Ronaldinho and Messi some of you would moan he didn't get Rooney too.

Possibly the most exciting development for the club ever and its like a doom and gloom session on here......

I am so  
mad.gif

mad.gif
The poll results suggest the vast, VAST majority are very happy - though I can't understand why some people have voted for the latter option
rock.gif

Just goes to show you can't please everyone
down.gif

For those who think 22,000 is a bit big here's my post on the Fossetts Farm chat on why I don't think it is - some may agree maybe some will not but.....

(a) we're in a fantastic catchment area

(b) our attendances have more than doubled in the past 2 years

© we're now a Championship club and away followings are much bigger

(d) we could have easily (apparently) got 13-14,000 for Norwich and could have sold out against Bristol City twice over

(e) attendances will dramatically increase with the new stadium - you only have to look at Reading (in particular as they used to get 4,500 like us and are now increasing their capacity even further from 24,000), Hull City and Swansea City. First-class stadia and facilities will attract many more supporters to the club.

It's better to be ambitious, I'd much rather go that little bit extra on capacity as the last thing we'd want is to move in and find that attendances are better than expected - for big games (especially if the team are doing well in the Championship provided we're still in it at the time of the move) that would mean some fans being locked out which will only decrease our profits.

I think 22,000 is about right

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bluesmanager @ Oct. 04 2006,15:59)]The artist hasn't rendered the picture yet maybe?
The model looks to have been achieved using either ADT or 3DStudioMax software which enables 3D pan to view the stadium. Infact most design software allows this function, which begs the question why exactly further interior views have not been issued.
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperman @ Oct. 04 2006,18:29)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bluesmanager @ Oct. 04 2006,15:59)]The artist hasn't rendered the picture yet maybe?
The model looks to have been achieved using either ADT or 3DStudioMax software which enables 3D pan to view the stadium. Infact most design software allows this function, which begs the question why exactly further interior views have not been issued.
rock.gif
CAD/CAM for example. I think.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperman @ Oct. 04 2006,18:29)]
[b said:
rock.gif
OK, maybe they're keeping them in the wings for when the plans are approved?

I can, to a certain extent, understand some peoples reticence and not getting too excited about the plans until they see the first foundations laid but what you have to remember is this application differs in many ways from those laid out before and from those we have heard about over the years.

1. I get the impression this is something that an overwhelming majority of councilors want to happen.

2. They see it as an integral part of the overall regeneration of Southend and the borough. Something that cannot be said of any previous proposals for a new stadium that's been put before them in the past.

3. This council is far more forward thinking than any that have gone before it and that is due in no small part to the political pressure being put on them as part of the Thames Gateway Regeneration Project and the 2012 Olympics.

4. The last serious attempt to get a new stadium project before the council was put forward by Vic Jobson. A guy that single handedly did more to alienate the powers that be than anyone in the clubs history.

5. This council see in Ron Martin someone they can work with. Someone they can rely on to put together a coherent plan to benefit both Southend United FC and the town in general.

And that's why I am excited about this plan and why I truly believe that come January we'll see these plans get the go ahead and the bulldozers move in almost immediately.

Phil

[b said:
Quote[/b] (D62SUBOY @ Oct. 04 2006,19:33)]I can, to a certain extent, understand some peoples reticence and not getting too excited about the plans until they see the first foundations laid but what you have to remember is this application differs in many ways from those laid out before and from those we have heard about over the years.

1. I get the impression this is something that an overwhelming majority of councilors want to happen.

2. They see it as an integral part of the overall regeneration of Southend and the borough. Something that cannot be said of any previous proposals for a new stadium that's been put before them in the past.

3. This council is far more forward thinking than any that have gone before it and that is due in no small part to the political pressure being put on them as part of the Thames Gateway Regeneration Project and the 2012 Olympics.

4. The last serious attempt to get a new stadium project before the council was put forward by Vic Jobson. A guy that single handedly did more to alienate the powers that be than anyone in the clubs history.

5. This council see in Ron Martin someone they can work with. Someone they can rely on to put together a coherent plan to benefit both Southend United FC and the town in general.

And that's why I am excited about this plan and why I truly believe that come January we'll see these plans get the go ahead and the bulldozers move in almost immediately.

Phil
Good post phil.

The Council are clearly aware of the benefits of building on the current Roots Hall site too. But, as we all know, that can't happen until Southend United have a new stadium. Turning these plans down is in no-ones interest - not even the locals who must know by now that something will be built on that ground one way or another.

If one would like to compare Ron's excellent plans with views from the air, you might like to do the following :-

With Google click more at the top of the page. Click map, upper right. Put in a Southend-on-Sea post code in the box. Click Hybrid. Then Search.

One will get a view of Southend from different hights down to just 50 feet. Use the guide on the left to move around the town.

One can go directly above the proposed building site and compare with the Echo pictures. As a result one can work out where each part of the building with be built. It's wonderful.

Sorry if I am teaching people to suck eggs but some of you fellow supporters might not know about this option.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Oct. 04 2006,23:50)]The Council are clearly aware of the benefits of building on the current Roots Hall site too. But, as we all know, that can't happen until Southend United have a new stadium. Turning these plans down is in no-ones interest - not even the locals who must know by now that something will be built on that ground one way or another.
IIRC the leader of the Council then was Norman Clarke, and the chances of getting anything SUFC related past him were slim indeed! In fact, the chances of progressing the town in any meaningful way were slim indeed!

down.gif

Back