• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Stadium update please!

Ron on talk sport today said Announcement on New Stadium first week of November.
New ground by August 2021 and fully built a year later...

Well, that’s quite a specific set of details for Ron so that’s hopeful at least. Clearly we aren’t out of the council planning woods yet though so it will be interesting to see what the announcement has to say about that.

Well, that’s quite a specific set of details for Ron so that’s hopeful at least. Clearly we aren’t out of the council planning woods yet though so it will be interesting to see what the announcement has to say about that.

It is this that has made me think that positive news is incoming. Ron rarely quotes times or dates or anything involving details.

The fact that henhas makes me feel he has good news from source (ie) SBC.

Also, it's worth noting that the 6 month extension was not a defined time period, but merely allowing for the facts to be found. So if these get resolved in a shorter time then we won't have to wait the full 6 months.

The Fossetts Farm plans will NOT go before the next Development Control Committee meeting on:-

Wednesday, 6th November, 2019 2.00 pm

Next one up:-

Wednesday, 11th December, 2019 2.00 pm

So no decision this side of the New Year. Even if the committee approve it in December it won't be going before the full council until next year.

The other question is whether or not it could get called in by the government (which would delay things for at least another 6 months). I have no idea of the rules on that, so don't know how likely (or even possible) that is, but the original plans were called in...

As the previous Fossetts Farm planning application were called-in by the secretary of state, and the planning inspector they appointed to carry out a full public inquiry into the proposal, subsequently found in the councils and clubs favour.

I do not think, even these major revised and explained plans would warrant the plans being called-in again for the same type of development on the same site.

So Ron talking bollocks again then? Why am I not surprised.

So Ron talking bollocks again then? Why am I not surprised.

Ron hasn't said anything yet, other than that there will be an update and 'good news' in the first week of November. Let's see what he has to say next week, but its a bit soon to call him out for talking bollocks on this occasion.

Ron hasn't said anything yet, other than that there will be an update and 'good news' in the first week of November. Let's see what he has to say next week, but its a bit soon to call him out for talking bollocks on this occasion.

What news other than plans going before the council will be ‘good news’ and help us get to yet another date he has put out there.

Worth emphasizing those last three words.

Typical, but I expect nothing else from this Council or to be exact the Council's Officers.

How can a proposed development the size of this NOT have a impact on the environment probe and report done?

This Council lead and supported development is a complete and utter stitch up. High Street businesses do not want it, Seafront businesses do not want it, residence do not want it, visitors do not want it, car drivers wanting some were to park do not want it.

In fact I am not sure if there is anyone who actually does apart from some Councillors and especially all their unelected Officers.

With all local authorities now in purdah because of the general election, nothing will happen until we have a new government. Expect more delays as this wont get airtime at the planning meetings until at least January now

Ron's expectation on how the team would perform this season, has totally gone 'belly up'?.
In all probability we will be in League 2 next season, the Council will be aware of this, plus the repeated 'winding up' petitions served on the club.
Personally think Southend Council are useless in their plans for the town. But with the current predicament SUFC finds itself in. i can understand why they keep deferring the Fossets Farm development.

Back