• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Stadium update please!

People get so used to his bull**** they don’t even bother anymore. Years ago if Ron said there was an announcement next week everyone would lose there mind if they hadn’t heard anything. Now no one gives a **** because we are fed up of the usual broken promises.

No surprise there, Ron’s timeline is a load of bull**** once again.

So it was definitely Ron's fault then?.....because in most cases its the people who work for our council that request a delay.

So it was definitely Ron's fault then?.....because in most cases its the people who work for our council that request a delay.

It’s Ron’s fault for the false promises with dates. That you can’t blame on the council. Just give us a date when it’s set in stone!

It’s Ron’s fault for the false promises with dates. That you can’t blame on the council. Just give us a date when it’s set in stone!

Dates are always put back and It won't be set in stone until there is a Yes.

Even then Ron could sell up and we could still have a change of plan......So why worry?

Wrong and that’s the truth not a rumour, Ron asked for a 6 month delay around the Larsson talks.

So it was never on the January list and Ron has announced the delay well in advance.

Thanks for clearing that up, saves us arguing over nothing......Reminds me of a fire station.

With all the financial uncertainty surrounding the club at the moment it would be good to understand exactly what is happening, or more to the point what is not happening, and why.. Surely the council must make a decision one way or another soon as from my limited understanding of our financial plight doesn’t a lot change once we get the council go ahead ? If so a ‘ yes’ can’t come quickly enough..... on the other hand what if it’s a no..........

I thought the same earlier this week and checked. The last update suggested the extension for the council & club to work on it is until March - so only a matter of weeks. At that point who knows what will follow - another extension?

With all the financial uncertainty surrounding the club at the moment it would be good to understand exactly what is happening, or more to the point what is not happening, and why.. Surely the council must make a decision one way or another soon as from my limited understanding of our financial plight doesn’t a lot change once we get the council go ahead ? If so a ‘ yes’ can’t come quickly enough..... on the other hand what if it’s a no..........

In theory, you’re right about the ultimate decision IMO. Problem is, we are probably miles away (as we have been for decades, despite club protestations) away from anyone taking that decision.

I’m not an expert by any means, but it staggers me that this bull**** continues to rumble on.

In the time that this has dragged on, how many other football stadiums have been built around the Country? How many housing developments, retail parks, council buildings, schools, colleges, the ****ing super port in Coryton, the airport expansion, the M25 widening, Saddlers ****ing farm

And yet, here we are, not even a step closer to FF, at least visually.

I get it, there’s a lot of moving parts, and many problems and hurdles to overcome. But stone me, you’ve got to have the patience of a saint, not to get a bit downhearted.

I’m not an expert by any means, but it staggers me that this bull**** continues to rumble on.

In the time that this has dragged on, how many other football stadiums have been built around the Country? How many housing developments, retail parks, council buildings, schools, colleges, the ****ing super port in Coryton, the airport expansion, the M25 widening, Saddlers ****ing farm

And yet, here we are, not even a step closer to FF, at least visually.

I get it, there’s a lot of moving parts, and many problems and hurdles to overcome. But stone me, you’ve got to have the patience of a saint, not to get a bit downhearted.
Don't forget about the nice blue fence. ?

When the club appears to be almost at the edge of extinction, you’re worried about a white elephant. You’ll be lucky if we’re ground sharing under a new name by 2025

Back