• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Stadium update please!

3 sides to be started Spring 2021, and finished in Summer 2022.

4th Side (including 107 room Hotel and Conference Facilities) to be started Spring 2022 and finished Spring 2024
That's not as bad as I imagined, it won't be a gaping void for long, hopefully for the start of the 2022/23 season there should be at least some steelwork in place

Interesting to see the hotel back in the and. Thought Ron had said it had been taken out as was no longer seen as viable with a possible new hotel going up at the airport?

Judging by the dates the various documents were submitted it does look like they were submitted over a period of time starting on the 20th November, which proves the point being made that the plans wouldn't be submitted in September. Indeed, it wasn't even October.

There are now 3 weeks consultation, so no planning approval will be given this year. Again, so long as it's early next year then the timelines for starting the build won't be impacted...

Let's just hope there aren't any concerns raised by the planning department that mean the council delay making a decision until more evidence is produced. You'd like to think not (and if not then the timelines will remain) but if that happens then timelines might be impacted.

All that said, it is good news that the plans are now submitted and (I assume) verified.

I've got an MA in Town and Country Planning, used to be a Chartered Town Planner (until I let it lapse due to not working in planning for about 20 years now!). Do I count?

There's a hell of a lot of stuff to go through and I just haven't got time at the moment. If you don't want to wade through everything, I suggest just going through the non-technical summary (30 pages) which gives a good overview. Only just flicked through, but it looks like Ron's proposing a 3-sided stadium for at least a couple of seasons (until Spring 2024).

I tried to upload it but the file is too big. You'll find it on Page 8 of the documents, it was submitted on 24/11/20 if this link doesn't work. http://publicedrms.southend.gov.uk/...j.pdf?DocNo=10547657&PageNo=1&content=obj.pdf

Surely they could have found a better pic than bloody Simon Cox for the front page!!

Judging by the dates the various documents were submitted it does look like they were submitted over a period of time starting on the 20th November, which proves the point being made that the plans wouldn't be submitted in September. Indeed, it wasn't even October.

There are now 3 weeks consultation, so no planning approval will be given this year. Again, so long as it's early next year then the timelines for starting the build won't be impacted...

Let's just hope there aren't any concerns raised by the planning department that mean the council delay making a decision until more evidence is produced. You'd like to think not (and if not then the timelines will remain) but if that happens then timelines might be impacted.

All that said, it is good news that the plans are now submitted and (I assume) verified.

All of that is good news but what is tomorrows meeting for exactly?

Interesting to see the hotel back in the and. Thought Ron had said it had been taken out as was no longer seen as viable with a possible new hotel going up at the airport?
No, the hotel was always an important part because it helps to facilitate conferences, gigs and a whole host of other revenue at the stadium.

It gives Councillors who are not in the Cabinet (the cabinet have already agreed in principle with the development) the opportunity to have their say and represent the views of their constituents. My guess is those that represent the areas around FF will bring up the issues of parking and roads. They then vote and will vote in principle for the development or not (quite unlikely) Ron Woodley may well commit the council to the building of a road linking Sumpters Way to Warners Bridge.
The Development Control committee is the committee that will pass or not the plans. I don't envy them having to read the 1000 plus pages of very technical stuff. They will probably need a number of days with officers to help them understand all the ins and outs.

If we are in the National League then we can have a 4G pitch and it can be used year round by multiple people and increase revenue streams in, I hope that doesn't become an option obviously.

It gives Councillors who are not in the Cabinet (the cabinet have already agreed in principle with the development) the opportunity to have their say and represent the views of their constituents. My guess is those that represent the areas around FF will bring up the issues of parking and roads. They then vote and will vote in principle for the development or not (quite unlikely) Ron Woodley may well commit the council to the building of a road linking Sumpters Way to Warners Bridge.
The Development Control committee is the committee that will pass or not the plans. I don't envy them having to read the 1000 plus pages of very technical stuff. They will probably need a number of days with officers to help them understand all the ins and outs.
Which is Sumpters Way ???

I suspect they won't, they'll rely on the council staff to do that for them, and provide them with a summary!

Go down Sutton road and turn left at the roundabout after the cemetery (if you turn right you will get to the new ground). There is an industrial estate, i forget what it is called. That bit of the road is Chandlers Way. Follow that to the end and turn left into Sumpters way and it stops at the entrance to Southend rugby club. However if you continued the road round or over the pitches it would link to Warner's Bridge,and onwards to the A127 via Eastwoodbury Lane or Rochford if you turn right. It is not impossible but is very near the boundary with Rochford Council area and of course you have the rugby club. Ron Woodley has expressed a desire to have a road linking this to Warner's bridge. Critics of course will say that Warner's Bridge will then snarl up but i don't see how you can channel all the new traffic back to the roundabout at Jones Memorial ground or right to Sutton Road. Basically whilst I can still walk I will not be taking the car anywhere near the ground and walk to it and this is what most people do now in any case.

Parking is going to be an absolute nightmare as there are no residential roads around the area and the industrial estate has double yellow lines with the shops on the other side having limiting parking.
It’s not going to be good at all

Parking is going to be an absolute nightmare as there are no residential roads around the area and the industrial estate has double yellow lines with the shops on the other side having limiting parking.
It’s not going to be good at all

Wasn't a park and ride scheme part of the original plan? I don't know if that has been ditched or whether it's still part of the plans...or even if it will work, where else is there for everyone to park and ride from?

Back