• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Stadium update please!

Russ Williamson and Terrell Egbri. The savings we make in raw materials and labour would mean we could probably afford both. Plus it makes sculpture more accessible to children.
That is funny and has cheered me up!
Could have had Derek Payne.

...George MacKenzie - most caps whilst at club...

George McKenzie has subsequently been passed by Jason Demetriou (19 of his 51 caps for Cyprus have come during his time at Roots Hall, compared to 9 Northern Ireland caps for McKenzie), not that this diminishes the achievement.

Well I'd keep Trigg obviously. I'd also throw these up for selection

William Sutherland - WW1 casualty, after leaving Southend was caretaker at Cecil Jones, before enlisting
Archie Wilson - WW1 casualty, helped us win promotion in 1913
Sandy Anderson- record number of league games
Arthur Williamson - record consecutive appearances
Jimmy Evans - first cap whilst playing for the club and leading goalscorer whilst defender
Jimmy Shankly - record number of goals in one season
Dave Robinson - player/trainer/staff member, 60 years at club in total
George MacKenzie - most caps whilst at club
Roy Hollis - 135 goals, highest number of goals for the club

personally, I'd have Trigg, Robinson and Webby
maybe we could have 4 all in wicket keeper and slip pose.. in celebration of Colin Murphy (the man that signed Stan) and also the man that had the players doing slips practise in training. My four would be

Oliver trigg with the over sized gloves on
first slip Roy Hollis
Second Slip Sir Stanley
Third Slip Steve Tilson
Silly Mid of (with a bronze helmet on Adam Barrett)

Sid Broomfield, Maybe Dave Webb and Tilly statues and would definitely have some kind of imagery around or on the stadium to commemorate these moments/ players

Ian Benajmin ( putting ball in Bury net)

Stan Collymore ( lifted on fans shoulders, relegation survival)

Duncan Jupp (Cardiff Goal celebration)

Freddy Eastwood ( knee slide celebration after Man Utd goal)

Ricky Otto & Chris Powell (classic celebrating goal photo)

Daniel Bentley (Penalties celebration Wembley)

plus photos of these players in their prime

Adam Barrett, Paul Clark, Simon Royce, Roy Holis, David Crown, Kevin Mayer, Peter Taylor, Steve Tilson, Ronnie Whelan, Mark Gower, Darryl Flahavan, Mike Marsh, Brett Angel, Richard Cadette, Glen Pennyfather, Billy Best, Ryan Leonard, Paul Sansome...

Sid Broomfield, Maybe Dave Webb and Tilly statues and would definitely have some kind of imagery around or on the stadium to commemorate these moments/ players

Ian Benajmin ( putting ball in Bury net)

Stan Collymore ( lifted on fans shoulders, relegation survival)

Duncan Jupp (Cardiff Goal celebration)

Freddy Eastwood ( knee slide celebration after Man Utd goal)

Ricky Otto & Chris Powell (classic celebrating goal photo)

Daniel Bentley (Penalties celebration Wembley)

plus photos of these players in their prime

Adam Barrett, Paul Clark, Simon Royce, Roy Holis, David Crown, Kevin Mayer, Peter Taylor, Steve Tilson, Ronnie Whelan, Mark Gower, Darryl Flahavan, Mike Marsh, Brett Angel, Richard Cadette, Glen Pennyfather, Billy Best, Ryan Leonard, Paul Sansome...

Definitely think Benji turning and scoring at Bury should be a statue

Also, I think you mean Ricky Otto and Chris Powell being chased by a hammer (legendary Anglo-Italian Cup post match celebration)

Oliver Trigg, the man that started it all

Sid Broomfield, the man that built the church we love to worship in

I'd leave the third one blank, bit like Trafalgar square and have local sculpture artists display their works.

Back