• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

And yes we could play Woodyard, we could also play a ballboy or even one of the Wiggles. What we cant do is play anyone with any experience.

Ok so now you agree with me that you were being a bit dramatic and that we can field a team albeit one that contains an inexperienced player in midfield?

My god. This is why this situation is like a cancer:

Sturrock - "The events of Tuesday's game make Saturday even harder and I'm worried about the expectation levels of the fans."

Our manager should not be feeling this way. He is clearly concerned that the fans will be expecting to beat Barnet. That is the Barnet who are rock bottom without a win and conceeding for fun. Very sad to see our manager concerning himself with things like this.

Doesn't sound like the embargo will be lifted before then either.

Ron Martin is a ********(swear words for poo-fanny). That is all.

Last edited:
Ok so now you agree with me that you were being a bit dramatic and that we can field a team albeit one that contains an inexperienced player in midfield?

No, having to play Woodyard would be a disaster. We need experience.

You have to ask the question as to why Woodyard is even here? He hasn't gone out on loan, and he doesn't seem to be pulling up trees in training or in the stiffs. Doing a Herd...

Some players just need time to develop.

Im not always sure going on loan is a benefit. Id rather they were coached by our coaches than some non-league outfit.

For all those people abusing RM and wanting him out, where will you get a replacement from. IF there were people out there with bucket loads of money wanting to buy into the football club, dont you think they would have come forward? How will trying to force RM out actually benefit the football club? Im not his biggest fan, but just dont understand how telling him to F off etc will actually help in anyway the mess we are in. People forget we were on the brink when he took over as well, so not much has changed in that time. Running a football club at any level is tough, but at this level with limited income options and now many stay away fans not contibuting anything to the club, its even harder. Many clubs across the country are probably in similar situations, what they dont have is a miracle worker such as PS who can somehow motivate and put together a side capable of producing half decent football and winning matches. Im guessing that there are clubs below us in the league that are more stable but dont get the results we do. What we as fans can do is 100% get behind the team at the moment and at least show the players that we care about what goes on, on the pitch and leave the off the pitch stuff to those who know. UTB

Some players just need time to develop.

Im not always sure going on loan is a benefit. Id rather they were coached by our coaches than some non-league outfit.

I'm pretty sure (at least some of) our youngsters have gone on loan but continued to train here. He needs competitive football IMO, he's had probably 10 years of good quality coaching.

I'm pretty sure (at least some of) our youngsters have gone on loan but continued to train here. He needs competitive football IMO, he's had probably 10 years of good quality coaching.

Ready or not , he just might get a game on Saturday.......................

For all those people abusing RM and wanting him out, where will you get a replacement from. IF there were people out there with bucket loads of money wanting to buy into the football club, dont you think they would have come forward? How will trying to force RM out actually benefit the football club? Im not his biggest fan, but just dont understand how telling him to F off etc will actually help in anyway the mess we are in. People forget we were on the brink when he took over as well, so not much has changed in that time. Running a football club at any level is tough, but at this level with limited income options and now many stay away fans not contibuting anything to the club, its even harder. Many clubs across the country are probably in similar situations, what they dont have is a miracle worker such as PS who can somehow motivate and put together a side capable of producing half decent football and winning matches. Im guessing that there are clubs below us in the league that are more stable but dont get the results we do. What we as fans can do is 100% get behind the team at the moment and at least show the players that we care about what goes on, on the pitch and leave the off the pitch stuff to those who know. UTB

No one has offered to buy my car, if I put it up for sale maybe someone would ?

Just saying we should stick with someone because we dont know the alternatives isnt much of an argument.

As I said before on a previous post...

Ron has had talks with investors and interested parties in the past year but has not able to agree a deal.

Do football clubs fans generally know who there next owner/chairman is before it happens? Of course not.

How can you say there is no replacement when you have no idea if there is or isn't?

I for one didn't know players were being paid late. Not all of us have mates on the inside at the club.

Anyway, I know it gets your goat when I stick up for the Echo so let's not turn this into another merits/non merits of the Echo thread.

No agreed!

As if you did not know Jai! had you down as somebody always in the know!

To be honest I hear things whether through Chris or when chatting to people outside the ground while selling fanzine but I don't actually know anyone inside the club. I knew we were in a mess and backroom staff weren't being paid but I genuinely didn't know players were being paid late.

For all those people abusing RM and wanting him out, where will you get a replacement from. IF there were people out there with bucket loads of money wanting to buy into the football club, dont you think they would have come forward?

They have, but Martin has always rebuffed or laughed off their offers (allegedly)

It's the same as saying who would want to come in as CEO of a football club who are skint & losing X amount on a continual basis, but we seem to find them easily enough.

Talk of "who else is there?" is rubbish

No one has offered to buy my car, if I put it up for sale maybe someone would ?

Just saying we should stick with someone because we dont know the alternatives isnt much of an argument.

Of course it is. For a start the grass is rarely greener. And secondly Ron Martin owns the ground and has pretty much sold it to a supermarket as well as owning the land where the proposed new ground is built. A messy divorce from him won't go well for anyone.

Unless there's a clear and compelling alternative who the fan base can get behind and who has a precise strategy for taking the club forward whilst remaining in the Borough of Southend then a huge 'Martin Out' campaign seems reckless, pointless and counter-productive.

And just taking it for granted that there is 100% no chance of any alternative is also reckless.

Ive never advocated a massive campaign, but I do think people should be asking questions and keeping an open mind about any side of the argument.

Back