• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What was Steve Tilson's great achievement at Southend United?

• Drawing at Stamford Bridge in the FA Cup

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Quick quote from Paula, Steve's sister about the presentation and picture.

"Steve was over the moon with it, thanks so much it was an emotional day x"

It was blatantly obvious how touched he was by the gesture, when it was presented to him! It made the effort more worthwhile.

Must agree seeing pictures of Tilly accepting your gift is 1 moment that made me proud to be Shrimper.....

I am so pleased that Ken & John asked me to take the photos. I wouldn't have missed that for the world! He even signed a photo that was taken the two of us from a few years back. A quality moment!

What's that supposed to mean? I'm asking for Tilson's reaction to the book of tributes as I couldn't see anybody mention it.

Possibly it wasn't mentioned because it has not happened yet. We have yet to give him the book or Paul his framed picture....The picture for Paul we had on board but felt it would look pretty stupid to give him that along side Tillys so I put it in the TZ raffle....We will be sorting both of these out soon.

Possibly it wasn't mentioned because it has not happened yet. We have yet to give him the book or Paul his framed picture....The picture for Paul we had on board but felt it would look pretty stupid to give him that along side Tillys so I put it in the TZ raffle....We will be sorting both of these out soon.

Thanks for the update. That's all I wanted to know because the last time I heard was that this was being given to Tilson alongside the picture... There was no need for the sarcastic response to a genuine question.

Thanks for the update. That's all I wanted to know because the last time I heard was that this was being given to Tilson alongside the picture... There was no need for the sarcastic response to a genuine question.

It may have been sarcastic for which I apologise, but you gave no credit to what we had done, only questioned something that was not mentioned.

It may have been sarcastic for which I apologise, but you gave no credit to what we had done, only questioned something that was not mentioned.

Despite my views that Tilson done a good job but also made some errors and I was never his biggest fan like I said in my previous post its a superb gesture and those involved have done the club proud!

Despite my views that Tilson done a good job but also made some errors and I was never his biggest fan like I said in my previous post its a superb gesture and those involved have done the club proud!

The Irony....:hilarious:

I've given credit and support to this idea (indeed, the picture was my idea to begin with) throughout the process, donated and chased up players for tributes.

I'm guessing from the photos that Ron and GK had disappeared before the presentation then!!! Had a preview of the pics from Rich and had heard how it all went, top effort, well done to all concerned.

I'm guessing from the photos that Ron and GK had disappeared before the presentation then!!! Had a preview of the pics from Rich and had heard how it all went, top effort, well done to all concerned.

The presentation took place at 2pm and , on Tilly's wishes, in his office. It was from the fans to Tilly and as such had no need for others to be present. :net:

The presentation took place at 2pm and , on Tilly's wishes, in his office. It was from the fans to Tilly and as such had no need for others to be present. :net:

I meant the presentation of himself to the fans! I guess I could have chosen a better word in this instance :duh:

Back