• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just sent some stuff to the fanzine, keep an eye out. Also thinking of an away trip to honour him. Also, may pop down Saturday to catch the game and reminisce etc.

Thanks to everyone for their kind wishes and offers of support. It is much appreciated by me and all his family.

Fasto points is a great idea. If not, we might sponsor a Trust coach for a laugh.

Just sent some stuff to the fanzine, keep an eye out. Also thinking of an away trip to honour him. Also, may pop down Saturday to catch the game and reminisce etc.

Thanks to everyone for their kind wishes and offers of support. It is much appreciated by me and all his family.

Fasto points is a great idea. If not, we might sponsor a Trust coach for a laugh.

perhaps we Travelzoners and the Trust travelers could swap coaches for the day :smile::winking:

I reacted to this news - pretty much as I did with Harry - with a gulp of sadness and disbelief, not helped by the fact I was on my lunch break in Caffe Nero at the time and expecting a lighthearted read.

I wouldn't say I knew Steve well but I did meet him several times at the London social events a few years back and he was a charming fellow. Going to Roots Hall will be somewhat eerie without him there as he was so strikingly visible; whether in the ground, entering the ground or leaving the ground, he was always there and it won't be quite the same from now on.

I guess it just demonstrates how much we take one another for granted sometimes. Gutted.

I only knew Steve by sight and from his wind ups here but he is obviously hugely respected by everyone.

RIP mate.

I never spoke to Steve but recognise him as part of the furniture at Blues matches. Such a shock to hear he's passed away. Really sorry to hear and my thoughts are with you and your family. You know from the comments above you have a big blue family who will help you through the tough times.

Rest in peace.

So gutted to hear this news about Steve. I saw him at Dagenham recently and he was always a visible presence at RH or at away games. Wouldn't say I knew him well but always acknowledged each other whenever I ran into him and like so many others have said previously, he was a genuinely nice guy and a true Southend fan in every way (despite his Tottenham leanings) indeed, it is hard to comprehend we won't see him anymore now.

His dislike of Mark Gower is the stuff of legend but I will never forget his going mental at Liam Dickinson a few years ago at the end of a game, with Dicko responding by inviting Steve to come down from the South Upper "to discuss things further" as I recall, lol... Steve somewhat wisely chose not to accept which was probably just as well looking back!!!

Rest in peace now Steve. You will always be missed at Roots Hall but never forgotten.

LOL 'Fasto' is a joke about when he got his shirt printed and it was misspelled as LDNFASTO. I'll bump the thread

Maybe, but that isn't his name. I guess it's up to other people, not me though...

Back