• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Having been to Morecambe I was pretty sure that I would go to Stevenage again but bearing in mind costs and my family commitments etc I have decided not to attend the away match because as I don't live in Southend, I would have to travel all the way to the box office and probably queue for ages to try to get tickets. Well as I work during the day, this isn't a feasible option. Phoning the box office as everyone knows is a joke. So therefore I will sit indoors and watch the match on Sky. I'm sure that I am not alone in being put off going to games because of the difficulty that the club makes it for fans to get tickets. To say our ticketing system is antiquated is stating the blindingly obvious. Heaven help us if we get to Wembley again. I remember the ticket chaos last time. Could you imagine it if other businesses made it this difficult to spend money with them? They would soon go out of business. Maybe our club is not bothered because they know pretty well that they will sell all the away tickets in any event.

I think your criticism on the ticket office is a little undeserved considering the efforts of last week and don't forget someone in the ticket office gave up their bank holiday to man the shop.

In the close season I am going to write to the club with a suggestion how to deal with heavy demands for tickets to ensure that fans who live outside Southend are dealt with on an even playing field. After all, we are in the 21st Century. Queuing for tickets at the ground is so dated.

I thought we have a new ticketing system which will be in place for next season, I'm sure there was a big announcement a few weeks ago?

I thought we have a new ticketing system which will be in place for next season, I'm sure there was a big announcement a few weeks ago?

It'll probably be in place for the first match of next season, then taken away from us by the second match due to non-payment ! :blush:

Doesn't look like it. Nothing showing on the official site. It's still not clear to me whether the club are selling to non S/Ts etc from tomorrow. It kind of suggests they are.

I bought two tickets today for me and my son both season ticket holders and two tickets for my parents who are non season ticket holders.

I think your criticism on the ticket office is a little undeserved considering the efforts of last week and don't forget someone in the ticket office gave up their bank holiday to man the shop.
I don't think anyone is complaining about the actual staff at the ticket office who work very hard. Just how the system doesn't suit those who can't easily travel to Southend to queue for tickets.

I don't think anyone is complaining about the actual staff at the ticket office who work very hard. Just how the system doesn't suit those who can't easily travel to Southend to queue for tickets.

A thing of the past with the new ticket system due to be installed, hopefully!

Following on from the the plane trip to Morcombe i think the club should organize a hot air balloon ride to Stevenage. I'm sure Ron could fill it !

Which will probably mean that we have to pay an additional service (or daylight robbery) charge for the privilege.

In the close season I am going to write to the club with a suggestion how to deal with heavy demands for tickets to ensure that fans who live outside Southend are dealt with on an even playing field. After all, we are in the 21st Century. Queuing for tickets at the ground is so dated.
Why are you waiting to write? Do it now.

Which will probably mean that we have to pay an additional service (or daylight robbery) charge for the privilege.

You can buy tickets online and from next season there will be an "improved" online ticket system which (I think) will include away games.

We are getting a new ticketing system for next season so fingers crossed

Do we know how many we've sold? I won't be able to get to the ticket office until Friday so not sure I'll be able to get tickets...

I quite like the current system. Being able to select your seat is important.

so did you buy your home ticket for Stevenage using the existing system and have you been able to buy away tickets using the existing sytsem ?

can the existing system cope with only selling to season ticket holders before general sale.
can the existing system send a ticket by text message ?

There are lots of potential improvements that could be made

Does anyone know if they are answering the phones (or if only one person is answering phones) . Reading here at least one person got through yesterday . I tried loads of times and failed, and am failing this morning . Like many going to the ticket office is not an option for me. Sent a cheeky email requesting a call back on Monday- am hoping that comes to fruition today

Does anyone know if they are answering the phones (or if only one person is answering phones) . Reading here at least one person got through yesterday . I tried loads of times and failed, and am failing this morning . Like many going to the ticket office is not an option for me. Sent a cheeky email requesting a call back on Monday- am hoping that comes to fruition today

doesnt answer your question exactly, but someone said there is about 20 people in the queue down there, think they normally clear the queue in the office before taking calls

Back