• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Dec. 05 2006,08:53)]I think it will set an unhealthy precedent for future managers if we hold on to a manager only when he achieves the most that can be expected of him.

Imagine if, at work, you managed to double your output in one year.  The boss would be well chuffed.  Imagine if you doubled that in the second year.  The boss would be ecstatic.  Imagine if you then fell in productivity by 10%.  Would the boss sack you when he knows you're capable of producing such impressive results?

One thing a lot of people have overlooked here is that the only team that went down and is now doing well is the one team that has stood by its manager.

Personally, I don't want yet another joke figure in the Martin/Whelan mould to laugh about in years to come.
Agreed. But what concerns me is how Tilly is taking all this. I am just worried that he might decide to fall on his sword (as a rumour on here has suggested that he has already tried to once). He must be under a hell of a strain.

it must be tough but unfortunately, that's what football management is, at least half, about.

If he intends to continue making a living out of it, dealing with this sort of pressure is going to have to become a way of life for him. I suspect this whole experience may teach him far more about management than winning promotion ever could and I want him to be in charge whatever the outcome so that we can be the beneficiaries.

Back