• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lets be honest even an assurance would be worth very little.

Barry Fry said he would never leave Southend "be it for Juventus or Fray Bentos" and soon cleared off once Brum came knocking. I would be suprised if anything appealed to him more than seeing us up.

Its his team, its been two years worth of hard work and we are 2nd and 5 points clear of third. This is as good as its been for PS with us so I think he will be pretty happy.

Fat Judas ****

I was delighted to see PS post on here the other week saying all the talk regarding Plymouth was nonsense.

I have scoured many other forums in recent days and Paul's name is cropping up well amonst fans in the St Johnstone forum.

Also fans of Dundee Utd and Hibbernian say they won't be surprised if their clubs are looking for new managers soon with one or two Dundee utd followers naming Paul as their choice.

I don't suppose it'll happen but it would be more relief if there was another assurance that all this was rubbish.

As things stand when Plymouth start afresh and name their manager and St Johnstone name theirs and its not Paul then we can really continue to kick on without small concern of this lurking behind our shoulders.

Let's be honest "when Plymouth start afresh and name their manager and St Johnstone name theirs and its not Paul" then there will be another vacancy he will be linked to.
As someone posted the other day it's a indication of what a good job he is doing

And at the end of the day, it wouldn't do his reputation much good if he were to leave a club he is just getting on it's feet. I believe he will stay with us to at least see his job done and only then will he decide if he wants to bask in the glory for a while or look to another 'hopeless' project.

St Johnstone have agreed a compensation deal with Sligo Rovers for their manager - at least that's what Sky Sports News said last night.

St Johnstone have agreed a compensation deal with Sligo Rovers for their manager - at least that's what Sky Sports News said last night.

But they had failed to agree personal terms.

I'd be amazed if he went to St.Johnstone. I wouldn't begrudge him the Dundee Uts job. But other than that I'm sure he'll stay.

Lets be honest even an assurance would be worth very little.

Barry Fry said he would never leave Southend "be it for Juventus or Fray Bentos" and soon cleared off once Brum came knocking. I would be suprised if anything appealed to him more than seeing us up.

Its his team, its been two years worth of hard work and we are 2nd and 5 points clear of third. This is as good as its been for PS with us so I think he will be pretty happy.

There's a circus in the town, in the town...

Could this just be bad news ?

Sorry to harp on this again and I promise this'll be the last time I discuss this on here.

In my opinion I don't think Paul Sturrock or Graham Coughlan would leave us at the moment to go anywhere and delighted the Manager came on here the other week to play the rumours down.

As much as I congratulate Plymouth on their takeover today there was one other announcement made which made me think " it can't happen, can it?".

And that was the confirmation of Peter Ridsdale being installed as Plymouth Chairman.

According to some plymouth supporters I've been speaking too they tell me James Brent and Ridsdale are both openly admirers of Luggy.

And it was reported in the Echo last month that after our match against them Coughlan was sounded out for a role at Home Park. And I suspect the man responsible for this was Ridsdale as he was plymouth's most senior visitor to Roots Hall that day.

I'm guessing our Management team still won't be going anywhere but now Ridsdale is on board I won't be fully convinced their choice isn't Luggy or Coughlan for the job until someone's appointed and its not them.

Are you guys sure in your own minds they won't be lured back there if Plymouth's interest is stepped up further ( again harping back to Coughlan already been sounded out)?

I'm also told Brent is promising a decent sized budget to begin the rebuilding process.

I don't see why Sturrock would leave while it is going so well, unless it is to move closer to home.

I do hope not as I can't think who could replace him and do a job as good as he is currently doing.

I don't think they are going anywhere...they are building something here they will want to stick with.

I think youll find a lot of Plymouth fans dont want Luggy anyway, they blame him for a host of poor signings (remember Emile Mpenza on £20k a week or something like that) that sent them down to League 1 and started the rot.

Hibs sack Calderwood

Now this was a job that was debated about back in the summer.

Now that Hibs have today axed Calderwood.

I just wonder if Luggy will be mentioned.

Apparently they are after an experienced man. A crack at the SPL perhaps?

Not sure why they would go for a Leage 2 manager. Scottish or not.

I think they can do better...... :winking:

Back