• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Minutes silence for ivanovic's arm next game?

A minute's silence for Liverpool's season more likely.

Can't think of too many precedents for English football (although Suarez has previous for it in the Netherlands), so we'll have to look at rugby union to work out how long a ban is appropriate.

wiki on the gentleman's game of rugby said:
South African prop Johan Le Roux bit New Zealand hooker Sean Fitzpatrick's ear during a scrum during a test in 1994, receiving an 18 month ban.[9] After the disciplinary hearing he stated that "For an 18-month suspension, I feel I probably should have torn it off". Kevin Yates, an English international, was cited for foul play in 1998 by London Scottish after a player suffered a serious injury to his left ear[14] and subsequently received a six month ban.[15] In 2008 an English club player was banned for eighty weeks following a biting incident that left a player with "a partial amputation of the right index finger".[16] A Welsh club rugby player was jailed for a year in 2008 for biting an opponents earlobe off

Ok, so if he hasn't seen it with his own eyes but is confronted with a clear bite mark on an opposing player's arm, what would the right course of action be? None? He saw there had been an incident because of the reaction at the time, but didn't know what it was.

It's the same as a gash down the leg. If a ref didn't see the incident, he can't do anything.

bat5hit crazy tbh, mind you i think football needs more of this, especially the snorefest that is the premier league.

Yeah, if there's one thing modern football is lacking it's casual racism and violent thuggery.

FA has charged him with violent conduct and he has till 6 this evening to answer to it from what I understand. What possible defence can he have?

FA need to grow a pair here and act to show that there is no place for this (and to act retrospectively on Dean Windass if necessary :winking:)!

He committed a very public assault, charge him (merseyside police), convict of assault and deport as undesirable criminal. let Liverpool sue him like Chelsea did with the cokehead that they signed.

Back